Quiz for the Marxists/Democrats who visit this site. Which gun is an assault rifle?

Which weapon shown below is an assault weapon?

• Picture number 1.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picture number 2.

• Neither.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Both.

• Marxists/Democrats are clueless about weapons.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
How easy is it to pull the trigger and chamber the next round?
You said speed, specifically, more than one round per second. That's a bogus metric, because the speed of firing a semi-automatic weapon is limited by how quickly your finger can pull the trigger, and that varies from person to person. The same gun, therefore can be an assault weapon in one person's hands but not in another's. That's why your metric is bogus.

You said speed, specifically, more than one round per second. That's a bogus metric, because the speed of firing a semi-automatic weapon is limited by how quickly your finger can pull the trigger, and that varies from person to person. The same gun, therefore can be an assault weapon in one person's hands but not in another's. That's why your metric is bogus.

The rifle that I cited in this post isn't even a semiautomatic, and I bet that it is possible to easily fire it at a rate better than one round per second.

And the speed of your finger is determined by trigger resistance and how long it takes to chamber the next round

:lol:
That wasn't me.
:lol:
Noted. I should have said "I was responding to a post that had nothing but insults". Not your post. Doesnt change the fact you called out my post as an insult when I was returning a post with nothing but insults. I didn't mean to confuse you with the other nut. For that, I am sorry for making it confusing.

And the speed of your finger is determined by trigger resistance and how long it takes to chamber the next round
Ever consider age, strength and factors like arthritis? IOW, that elderly lady who just wants to protect her grandchildren may not be physically able to fire more than one round per second with a gun that, in the hands of someone else, could. In her hands, then, it wouldn't be an assault weapon.

Which gun is an assault rifle?

Picture number 1. or Picture number 2. ?

............... Weapon number 1......................................................Weapon number 2..............................................
View attachment 770264 View attachment 770265

Answer will follow when enough votes are counted.
Run down on assault rifles -

Includes the AR15.

Includes the AR15.

No....it doesn't.......it is a civilian rifle...

The FOIA request itself was prompted from a Nov. 2017 article in The Atlantic in which the magazine, unsurprisingly to anyone familiar with its anti-gun bent, attempted to bolster a claim that “these rifles were meant for the military, not civilians.”
“Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,”

one critic of the article contended. “The M16 wasn’t issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasn’t standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didn’t officially replace the M14 until 1969.”
Original ATF AR-15 Classification Refutes Claim that Rifle ‘Not Meant’ for Civilians
=======

No....it doesn't.......it is a civilian rifle...

The FOIA request itself was prompted from a Nov. 2017 article in The Atlantic in which the magazine, unsurprisingly to anyone familiar with its anti-gun bent, attempted to bolster a claim that “these rifles were meant for the military, not civilians.”

Original ATF AR-15 Classification Refutes Claim that Rifle ‘Not Meant’ for Civilians
=======

It's a modern sporting rifle. A criminal could just as easily assault someone with an antiquated bolt-action rifle or a shotgun.

Includes the AR15.
In your own link
semiautomatic and fully automatic fire.
No where does it have a switch that goes from Semi to Full Automatic on the AR-15. You are a very stupid person, or never have owned one.

12-install-e1420436113641.jpg

In your own link No where does it have a switch that goes from Semi to Full Automatic on the AR-15. You are a very stupid person, or never have owned one.

Here is the selector switch on the M4 assault rife many of which were left to the Taliban without a comprehensive background check. Why do you hate US citizens but love the Taliban, Captain Caveman?
R.a8f6c662aa56ff0389e1a048388e3781

In your own link No where does it have a switch that goes from Semi to Full Automatic on the AR-15. You are a very stupid person, or never have owned one.

From the link -

After the Korean War (1950–53), U.S. military researchers, dissatisfied with rifle-power ammunition, began to test a .22-inch (5.56-mm) cartridge that propelled a lighter projectile at a much higher muzzle velocity of 3,000 feet (910 metres) per second. To fire this small-calibre high-velocity round, in 1958 they chose the AR-15 rifle, designed by Eugene M. Stoner for the ArmaLite Division of Fairchild Engine and Airplane Corporation. The AR-15 was gas-operated, but it eliminated the piston in favour of a tube that directed propellant gases directly into an expansion chamber between the bolt and bolt carrier. By reducing the number of working parts and chambering the rifle for a smaller cartridge, Stoner had come up with a lightweight weapon that, even on automatic fire, produced a manageable recoil and yet was capable of inflicting fatal wounds at 300 yards (270 metres) and beyond. In 1962 the U.S. Air Force adopted the AR-15, and the Department of Defense designated it the M16. Five years later, with units engaged in the Vietnam War finding the weapon very effective under the close conditions of jungle warfare, the U.S. Army adopted it as the M16A1. Early complaints about the tendency of the M16 to jam were addressed with improved education about weapon maintenance and a change in the chemical composition of the powder in the cartridge that it fired.

From the link -

After the Korean War (1950–53), U.S. military researchers, dissatisfied with rifle-power ammunition, began to test a .22-inch (5.56-mm) cartridge that propelled a lighter projectile at a much higher muzzle velocity of 3,000 feet (910 metres) per second. To fire this small-calibre high-velocity round, in 1958 they chose the AR-15 rifle, designed by Eugene M. Stoner for the ArmaLite Division of Fairchild Engine and Airplane Corporation. The AR-15 was gas-operated, but it eliminated the piston in favour of a tube that directed propellant gases directly into an expansion chamber between the bolt and bolt carrier. By reducing the number of working parts and chambering the rifle for a smaller cartridge, Stoner had come up with a lightweight weapon that, even on automatic fire, produced a manageable recoil and yet was capable of inflicting fatal wounds at 300 yards (270 metres) and beyond. In 1962 the U.S. Air Force adopted the AR-15, and the Department of Defense designated it the M16. Five years later, with units engaged in the Vietnam War finding the weapon very effective under the close conditions of jungle warfare, the U.S. Army adopted it as the M16A1. Early complaints about the tendency of the M16 to jam were addressed with improved education about weapon maintenance and a change in the chemical composition of the powder in the cartridge that it fired.
You cannot go into a gun store and purchase an AR-15 that will fire in fully automatic mode. Sorry, it's just not an assault rifle, by your own link.

From your source: "that has the capacity to switch between semiautomatic and fully automatic fire."

Does NOT include the AR15.
From the link -

After the Korean War (1950–53), U.S. military researchers, dissatisfied with rifle-power ammunition, began to test a .22-inch (5.56-mm) cartridge that propelled a lighter projectile at a much higher muzzle velocity of 3,000 feet (910 metres) per second. To fire this small-calibre high-velocity round, in 1958 they chose the AR-15 rifle, designed by Eugene M. Stoner for the ArmaLite Division of Fairchild Engine and Airplane Corporation. The AR-15 was gas-operated, but it eliminated the piston in favour of a tube that directed propellant gases directly into an expansion chamber between the bolt and bolt carrier. By reducing the number of working parts and chambering the rifle for a smaller cartridge, Stoner had come up with a lightweight weapon that, even on automatic fire, produced a manageable recoil and yet was capable of inflicting fatal wounds at 300 yards (270 metres) and beyond. In 1962 the U.S. Air Force adopted the AR-15, and the Department of Defense designated it the M16. Five years later, with units engaged in the Vietnam War finding the weapon very effective under the close conditions of jungle warfare, the U.S. Army adopted it as the M16A1. Early complaints about the tendency of the M16 to jam were addressed with improved education about weapon maintenance and a change in the chemical composition of the powder in the cartridge that it fired

You cannot go into a gun store and purchase an AR-15 that will fire in fully automatic mode. Sorry, it's just not an assault rifle, by your own link.
It's not my link, it's Britannica's.

If you feel there are any errors, do they have an email address for you to correct them.

I imagine the AR-15 in the shops is based/styled on the AR-15 that was used in Vietnam.

It's not my link, it's Britannica's.

If you feel there are any errors, do they have an email address for you to correct them.

I imagine the AR-15 in the shops is based/styled on the AR-15 that was used in Vietnam.
Several things:

1. It's your link because you posted it to support your assertion. If you don't like the fact that it defines an assault rifle in such a way to exclude the AR-15, that's not my problem.
2. Your imagination about what it's based/styled on is meaningless when it comes to fully automatic fire. The civilian AR-15 does NOT do automatic fire, thus by the link you provided yourself, it's not an assault rifle. I don't know how else to put it, I believe you never really read your own link to realize it destroyed instead of supported your contention.

Several things:

1. It's your link because you posted it to support your assertion. If you don't like the fact that it defines an assault rifle in such a way to exclude the AR-15, that's not my problem.
2. Your imagination about what it's based/styled on is meaningless when it comes to fully automatic fire. The civilian AR-15 does NOT do automatic fire, thus by the link you provided yourself, it's not an assault rifle. I don't know how else to put it, I believe you never really read your own link to realize it destroyed instead of supported your contention.
He's not interested in reality.

From the link -

And again, because you missed it......

“Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,”

“Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,” one critic of the article contended. “The M16 wasn’t issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasn’t standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didn’t officially replace the M14 until 1969.”

New Topics

Forum List

Back