Quiet Quitting

My experience involved middle managers who promoted sycophants, instead of the most capable, efficient, and willing to pitch in for those who had a lot of work to get their jobs completed..

I quit instead of sullying my dignity in order to move up.
I saw that. From the get go, there are canned interview questions and they really don't tell you any information and I'm basing that on the turnover rate. My original interview had canned interview questions. I was shocked.

There was a position above mine that I didn't want because it was a pathway to management. I didn't want that job. I wanted to work with people and liked being out in the field. Now, I have watched over the years about 6 people in that position quit. I mean.........sitting in the car outside of the office in cars at midnight crying. So there is no upshot that I can see. They already know who it is that they are going to move up into the position and they have an order. They also use canned interview questions which to me is amazing because they have access to our work. However, the canned interview questions are a requirement and have been developed to keep it unbiased. It's biased as all hell. But, it was the shady shit for me.

Wow, I just assumed that quiet quitting was the act of quitting without making some big dramatic scene before you leave.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, every minute at every job should be included on every paycheck that is issued to the employees and if certain people are founded to be what some of you here label as clock riders, in other words not making a good enough contribution to the job that they are at when they are there, then those people should be automatically fired especially if they have no desire to step up and make a better difference compared to whatever they have been doing so far. Whenever I am at my job, I try to stay busy as much as I can doing whatever I notice has not been taken care of yet because sadly at my job, there are way too many people there who do not take enough initiative and that is if they are even paying enough attention to what hasn't been done yet in the first place.

"Quiet quitting" at a whole different level:

Portion of young Japanese workers who say their office employs a middle-aged man who doesn’t do any work: 1/2

- Harper's Magazine, September 2022

Wow, I just assumed that quiet quitting was the act of quitting without making some big dramatic scene before you leave.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, every minute at every job should be included on every paycheck that is issued to the employees and if certain people are founded to be what some of you here label as clock riders, in other words not making a good enough contribution to the job that they are at when they are there, then those people should be automatically fired especially if they have no desire to step up and make a better difference compared to whatever they have been doing so far. Whenever I am at my job, I try to stay busy as much as I can doing whatever I notice has not been taken care of yet because sadly at my job, there are way too many people there who do not take enough initiative and that is if they are even paying enough attention to what hasn't been done yet in the first place.
One would hope that people have the sense not to make a dramatic scene when they leave. It's not high school. There are those people that don't take initiative but they are real good with BS. They will small talk for hours and I am not a small talker.

Forum List

Back