Quid Pro Quo

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
Remember how at the beginning of Ukrainegate Republicans lined up behind Trump and proclaimed:
"There can be no crime because there was no quid pro quo"

Sen. Pat Toomey called the conversation “inappropriate,” the Pennsylvania Republican said “it does not rise to the level of an impeachable offense.”
It “reveals no quid pro quo,” he added.

“I didn’t find it concerning,” said Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa). “There was no quid pro quo, you’d have to have that if there was going to be anything wrong.”

Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), one of Trump’s top confidants on Capitol Hill, had tweeted four separate times about the absence of a “quid pro quo" by lunchtime.

Well now we know that there was a"Quid Pro Quo" offered, and expected by the President.
The incredibly damning Ukraine texts from State Department officials, explained
Volker writes, “Heard from White House — assuming President Z convinces trump he will investigate / “get to the bottom of what happened” in 20-16, we will nail down date for visit to Washington.”

Later in a response from the Ukrainian rep:
“Once we have a date,” Yermak says, he’ll call for a press briefing in which he’ll announce “among other things Burisma and election meddling in investigations.”

Sondland asks Volker, “Do we still want Ze to give us an unequivocal draft with 2016 and Boresma?” Volker answers: “That’s the clear message so far...”

Remember Boresma is the company that Trump is trying to tie Biden to- in Trump's phone call Trump never mentions Boresma but instead asks him to investigate Biden.

The quid pro quo is very explicit here- the new Ukrainian President very much wants a White House meeting with President Trump. He is offered that meeting if he investigates Boresma- or as Trump made clear on his call- Biden.

The quid pro quo is there- even without the pretty obvious quid pro quo of the arms money:

Bill Taylor, the top US diplomat at the US embassy in Ukraine:“Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?”........“As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”

Now the Republican line is: 'nuttin illegal about 'quid pro quo' to get a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political opponent- well if Trump is doing it.

I am sure we will see all of the Republicans who proclaimed that the President did nothing wrong because there was no 'quid pro quo' offered, will be finding other reasons why it is okay for the President to offer a quid pro quo to a foreign government to dig up dirt on his political rival.

Last edited:
Yeah, those text messages are pretty damning. It was clear Trump was holding up the arms to Ukraine and a visit to the US by Zelensky until he heard the magic words that Zelensky was going to help Trump against a political opponent and to "exonerate" Putin for meddling in the 2016 election.

Pretty disgusting stuff.

Trump cannot bear the knowledge Putin helped him get elected, and he is using taxpayer money to chase bogus conspiracy theories to clear Putin and by extension himself. And he is colluding with foreign leaders to do it.

Once again, the *ahem* assumption that Trump's motivation is purely political.....Ever entertain the notion that Biden is running for, and will not attain, the DNC nomination is incidental?

Ukraine is a cesspool of international corruption....It also turns out that $1.8 billion in Murican foreign aid payola magically disappeared into thin air back in 2014.

But all the leftbats can do is keep bleating about ELECTION MEDDLING!

Once again, the *ahem* assumption that Trump's motivation is purely political.....Ever entertain the notion that Biden is running for, and will not attain, the DNC nomination is incidental?

Ukraine is a cesspool of international corruption....It also turns out that $1.8 billion in Murican foreign aid payola magically disappeared into thin air back in 2014.

The text messages show very clearly that Trump was seeking to exonerate Putin and get dirt on Biden. And he was using US tax dollars to extort Zelensky.

You can hem and haw and harumph all day long, but it will not change that fact.

Yeah, those text messages are pretty damning. It was clear Trump was holding up the arms to Ukraine and a visit to the US by Zelensky until he heard the magic words that Zelensky was going to help Trump against a political opponent and to "exonerate" Putin for meddling in the 2016 election.

Pretty disgusting stuff.

Trump cannot bear the knowledge Putin helped him get elected, and he is using taxpayer money to chase bogus conspiracy theories to clear Putin and by extension himself. And he is colluding with foreign leaders to do it.

Not just holding up for an investigation- holding up for a public announcement of an investigation.

There is no explanation of the insistence of a public announcement except to harm his political opponent and influence the U.S. election.

Taylor: I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.

Sondland: I suggest we stop the back and forth by text.

BOOM!

Pretty disgusting stuff.

Not just holding up for an investigation- holding up for a public announcement of an investigation.

There is no explanation of the insistence of a public announcement except to harm his political opponent and influence the U.S. election.
Exactly.

Tell us all about all of the people not named Biden that President Trump has insisted that Ukraine and China dig up dirt on in the name of 'fighting corruption'?

Tell us why Trump insisted that Ukraine make a public announcement of an investigation into Burisma and Biden- you know- to fight corruption.

Ukraine is certainly a cesspool of corruption. And our President just offered a quid pro quo to Ukraine to dig up dirt on his political opponent?

Even Trump acknowledges Biden as his political rival- I find it amusing that his lackeys like to pretend that he isn't.

Remember how at the beginning of Ukrainegate Republicans lined up behind Trump and proclaimed:

Sen. Pat Toomey called the conversation “inappropriate,” the Pennsylvania Republican said “it does not rise to the level of an impeachable offense.”

“I didn’t find it concerning,” said Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa). “There was no quid pro quo, you’d have to have that if there was going to be anything wrong.”

Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), one of Trump’s top confidants on Capitol Hill, had tweeted four separate times about the absence of a “quid pro quo" by lunchtime.

Well now we know that there was a"Quid Pro Quo" offered, and expected by the President.

Volker writes, “Heard from White House — assuming President Z convinces trump he will investigate / “get to the bottom of what happened” in 20-16, we will nail down date for visit to Washington.”

“Once we have a date,” Yermak says, he’ll call for a press briefing in which he’ll announce “among other things Burisma and election meddling in investigations.”

Sondland asks Volker, “Do we still want Ze to give us an unequivocal draft with 2016 and Boresma?” Volker answers: “That’s the clear message so far...”

Remember Boresma is the company that Trump is trying to tie Biden to- in Trump's phone call Trump never mentions Boresma but instead asks him to investigate Biden.

The quid pro quo is very explicit here- the new Ukrainian President very much wants a White House meeting with President Trump. He is offered that meeting if he investigates Boresma- or as Trump made clear on his call- Biden.

The quid pro quo is there- even without the pretty obvious quid pro quo of the arms money:

Bill Taylor, the top US diplomat at the US embassy in Ukraine:“Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?”........“As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”

Now the Republican line is: 'nuttin illegal about 'quid pro quo' to get a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political opponent- well if Trump is doing it.

I am sure we will see all of the Republicans who proclaimed that the President did nothing wrong because there was no 'quid pro quo' offered, will be finding other reasons why it is okay for the President to offer a quid pro quo to a foreign government to dig up dirt on his political rival.
We are begging you democrats to vote to impeach.. BEGGING YOU.. do it! Please

I guess that is Trump talk for "I am okay with Trump offering a quid pro quo to a foreign government to influence an American election"

All one has to do is look at the all slimy creatures Crazy Rudy runs with, and all the crooks Trump hired for his administration, and the illegal bribes paid to his hookers, and the Trump staff who are now in prison to laugh the idea that Trump is a corruption buster right out of the room.

No one is fooled by this bullshit excuse. Trump is the most corrupt president we have had since Teapot Dome.

Trump wanted two things from Zelensky.

1. To "prove" Putin didn't help him get elected.

2. To knock Joe Biden down a few pegs from the top of the Democratic contenders.

That's it. It's obvious and irrefutable. Not that the tard herd won't continue to make themselves mentally ill with delusions otherwise. Delusions fed to them by the Colluder-in-Chief and his propaganda outlets.

Do Republicans not realize that anything they let Trump get away with, is setting a precedent for ALL future presidents not just Republican ones?

I am just wondering- is there anything that Trump could do that Republicans would consider an abuse of office?

Or do they just believe like Trump does- that anything he does in office must be legal- as long as it is Trump.

Tell us all about all of the people not named Biden that President Trump has insisted that Ukraine and China dig up dirt on in the name of 'fighting corruption'?

Tell us why Trump insisted that Ukraine make a public announcement of an investigation into Burisma and Biden- you know- to fight corruption.

Ukraine is certainly a cesspool of corruption. And our President just offered a quid pro quo to Ukraine to dig up dirt on his political opponent?

Even Trump acknowledges Biden as his political rival- I find it amusing that his lackeys like to pretend that he isn't.
Still irrelevant to the fact that Biden's political campaign is incidental to the facts being uncovered.

Trump really had no choice to announce what he did, since the fake "whistleblower" already went running to Pencil Neck Schiff with his gossip and it all became public.

Your claim of a quid-pro-quo is imputing of motivations, based upon your obvious confirmation bias....Why don't you just admit that you really don't give a fuck when the corrupt players in the Ukraine are on your team?

I guess that is Trump talk for "I am okay with Trump offering a quid pro quo to a foreign government to influence an American election"
A meeting with the president is quid pro quo? lol you do understand trump has meetings with foreign leaders all the time right? There is tons of quid pro quo going on lol
What joe Biden did with his son was clearly corrupt, trump is the president he is looking out for our tax money.. ITS HIS JOB.

But go ahead and impeach.. lol watch what happens

Do Republicans not realize that anything they let Trump get away with, is setting a precedent for ALL future presidents not just Republican ones?

I am just wondering- is there anything that Trump could do that Republicans would consider an abuse of office?

Or do they just believe like Trump does- that anything he does in office must be legal- as long as it is Trump.

I really am starting to believe he COULD shoot someone on 5th Avenue.

Forum List

Back