Quick tax question

BBCAmerica

May 23, 2012
During the Clinton years, money, jobs any the economy was great BUT!!! Taxes were high. Bush gave rich folks 2 count em 2 tax cuts. So if tax cuts are the way to fix the economy then what the fuck?

The Republicans forced Clinton to cut capital gains taxes, and predictably, those greedy rich bastards took risks again and created all kinds of new jobs.

1. Everybody received a Bush tax cut (that actually pays taxes). It wasn't a "for the rich only" adjustment.

2. Clinton was president during a period that built two bubbles that burst after he left. The NASDAQ bubble and the real estate, or 2008 crisis.

3. Correlation does not imply causation.

back to the drawing board, fella.

The Republicans forced Clinton to cut capital gains taxes, and predictably, those greedy rich bastards took risks again and created all kinds of new jobs.

Oh but Bush cut capital gains taxes to to a third of what it was in the Clinton years. So those greedy bastards stop taking risk when the reward was so much greater? I don't understand. Also if they are paying much less in taxes now than in the Clinton years when all was good. What good is another tax cut gonna do for America as a whole?

Oh but Bush cut capital gains taxes to to a third of what it was in the Clinton years. So those greedy bastards stop taking risk when the reward was so much greater? I don't understand. Also if they are paying much less in taxes now than in the Clinton years when all was good. What good is another tax cut gonna do for America as a whole?

Says who, moron?

LOL

1. Everybody received a Bush tax cut (that actually pays taxes). It wasn't a "for the rich only" adjustment.

2. Clinton was president during a period that built two bubbles that burst after he left. The NASDAQ bubble and the real estate, or 2008 crisis.

The recession didn't actually start until Dec,2007 they say.
Not only that jobs are the only thing that really still down. Sales and production are up but not jobs. Like when food went up because of gas prices. Gas went down but not food.

Says who, moron?

LOL

Well, says you moron. That part of your post insinuates that because the capital gains tax was cut the rich took risks and now they don't. I'm simply asking why would they stop taking when they pay even lower capital gains taxes along with every other tax. Or is that not what you were insinuating? Because after all I am a moron and I have been known to screw things when I quote exactly what someone said.

During the Clinton years, money, jobs any the economy was great BUT!!! Taxes were high. Bush gave rich folks 2 count em 2 tax cuts. So if tax cuts are the way to fix the economy then what the fuck?

Which tax brackets received the largest percentage of tax relief from the Bush cuts and what were the numbers??

Who's money is it before the IRS get its hands on it?

During the Clinton years everything was great because the economy was driven by massive debt as the crazy housing bubble grew. Taxes? Who cared? Money was made and taxes were paid. It all came from growing debt that finally exploded in 2008. Bush didn't blame Clinton and Obama walked into the mess that Clinton created.

Which tax brackets received the largest percentage of tax relief from the Bush cuts and what were the numbers??

You are going WAY off topic. I'm not really concerned with the numbers and who's money it was before the IRS and all that shit. I am simply asking the question how is a third tax break going to fix the economy? We are steady spending more money with less money coming in. If you count up everything Romney says he will cut (wee still don't know the full scope) and then what he is willing to spend, he still has a long way to go for a balanced budget. Add to that yet another tax cut then his plan becomes impossible.

Not only that jobs are the only thing that really still down. Sales and production are up but not jobs. Like when food went up because of gas prices. Gas went down but not food.

Manufacturing jobs are way down in the US. Which means production is down. We're not making anything any more.

The recession started back int eh 90s under clinton. It just took another 14 years for everyone to catch up to what was happening...except those that saw it coming int he early 2000s.

During the Clinton years everything was great because the economy was driven by massive debt as the crazy housing bubble grew. Taxes? Who cared? Money was made and taxes were paid. It all came from growing debt that finally exploded in 2008. Bush didn't blame Clinton and Obama walked into the mess that Clinton created.

But you say this without any mention of Bush being the first POTUS in history to enter into not one but 2 wars and not only NOT raising taxes to pay for them but cutting taxes. Then there was the crippling economic effect of 9-11, hurricane Katrina (These were not Bush's fault) and Medicare part D. The Bush bailouts the Obama bail outs and none of it paid for. How in the world will another tax cut fix this?

Manufacturing jobs are way down in the US. Which means production is down. We're not making anything any more.

The recession started back int eh 90s under clinton. It just took another 14 years for everyone to catch up to what was happening...except those that saw it coming int he early 2000s.

That is a half truth. The manufacturing jobs that have gone over seas are gon for good. However the companies that are still here are back up to the same production levels but with less employees.

The effects of increasing taxes on Treasury receipts can be seen in the Clinton and Democrat-controlled congressional tax increase of 1993, one of the largest in history. Despite a more robust job market following a recession, the 1993 tax increase didn't accomplish what Democrats expected. The tax increases added very little to treasury receipts despite their magnitude. Reports from the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Internal Revenue Service all agree.

In fact, the balanced budgets of the Clinton years didn't occur until after a Republican Congress passed and the president reluctantly signed a 1997 tax bill that lowered the capital gains rate from 28% to 20%, added a child tax credit, and established higher limits on tax exclusion for IRAs and estates.

Says who, moron?

LOL

Well, says you moron. That part of your post insinuates that because the capital gains tax was cut the rich took risks and now they don't. I'm simply asking why would they stop taking when they pay even lower capital gains taxes along with every other tax. Or is that not what you were insinuating? Because after all I am a moron and I have been known to screw things when I quote exactly what someone said.

What part of a record 52 consecutive months of job growth under Bush are you having trouble understanding, Libtard?

LOL

That is a half truth. The manufacturing jobs that have gone over seas are gon for good. However the companies that are still here are back up to the same production levels but with less employees.

You're full of shit.

U.S. manufacturing shrank for third month in August, report says - Los Angeles Times

U.S. manufacturing shrank for third month in August, report says
September 04, 2012

........Manufacturing has slumped as American businesses have scaled back demand for machinery, equipment and other investments. It's also contracting in just about every major economy overseas, including the 17 countries that use the euro, plus Britain, China, Japan and Brazil. In China, factory activity fell last month to its lowest level in more than three years.

A report by the Commerce Department showed that construction spending tumbled 0.9% in July after four straight months of gains, though outlays for new single-family homes improved.

The value of building projects nationwide slipped to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $834.4 billion last month — half of what experts consider healthy and a reversal of June's 0.4% boost.

Compared with July 2011, however, the gauge is up 9.3%.

The weak economic reports may help persuade the Federal Reserve to announce some new action after its meeting next week to try to boost growth.

"The manufacturing recovery is at least temporarily out of steam," said Nigel Gault, chief U.S. economist at IHS Global Insight.

A reading below 50 indicates contraction in the sector. But the index typically must fall to about 43 to indicate that the overall economy is in recession, according to the Institute for Supply Management.

Paul Dales, senior U.S. economist at Capital Economics, said the latest survey suggests that the economy is growing at an annual rate between 1.5% and 2% in the July-September quarter. Growth at or below 2% isn't enough to significantly lower the unemployment rate, which was 8.3% in July.

You are going WAY off topic. I'm not really concerned with the numbers and who's money it was before the IRS and all that shit. I am simply asking the question how is a third tax break going to fix the economy? We are steady spending more money with less money coming in. If you count up everything Romney says he will cut (wee still don't know the full scope) and then what he is willing to spend, he still has a long way to go for a balanced budget. Add to that yet another tax cut then his plan becomes impossible.

Bush gave rich folks 2 count em 2 tax cuts. So if tax cuts are the way

I am way off top??

Confidence in DC will do more than a tax cut for the people,which is still not a bad idea.

SPENDING MUST BE CONTROLLED.

But you say this without any mention of Bush being the first POTUS in history to enter into not one but 2 wars and not only NOT raising taxes to pay for them but cutting taxes. Then there was the crippling economic effect of 9-11, hurricane Katrina (These were not Bush's fault) and Medicare part D. The Bush bailouts the Obama bail outs and none of it paid for. How in the world will another tax cut fix this?

The wars were necessary and not just all Americans but the whole world was also for it. Even Russia opened up territorial access to America for the Afghan war. Sure it cost money but you can't remember why the wars were necessary can you? Next time, we should make you pay up front when you want to eat.

There were no Bush bailouts. There was only TARP and all relief funds have been repaid with interests. It is the Obama bailouts that added to the debt.

Now that the country has to work itself out of the hole, taxes will kill the effort. First get out of the hole, then a regrowing economy will wipe the debt out. Get it?

Bush gave rich folks 2 count em 2 tax cuts. So if tax cuts are the way

I am way off top??

Confidence in DC will do more than a tax cut for the people,which is still not a bad idea.

SPENDING MUST BE CONTROLLED.

You come across as mildly retarded. It has already been pointed out to you that the Bush tax cuts were not just for the rich. EVERYONE's taxes were cut, twice, not just the rich.

And so I will ask you the same question I have asked everyone else who wants ONLY the rich to go back to the Clinton tax rate. And you will not answer it, just like no one else ever answers it.

If the Clinton tax rates were so orgasmically good for the country, why are we not letting the Bush tax cuts expire on EVERYONE?

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back