QUICK- Anyone from Philadelphia?

I REALLY APPRECIATE THE TIPS, GUYS! THANKS!

Whats the world coming to....
A teacher going to a message board for information.
Per usual, just trolling today, huh?

Nope.
I'm totally serious. You have the whole internet at your fingertips yet you ask for help to do your job. Unlike teachers of yesteryear who had to research things the hard way.
I'm a good teacher. I try to make it fun. Funner, anyway. US Govt isn't easy to make funner.

Fun for who?
Keep it up and I'm going to report you for trolling. You're a miserable waste of bandwidth.

Answer the fuken question.
Because I'm dying to know how this makes it fun for your students which are the only ones that matter.
okay, reported.

I'm fine with that.
I asked you legit questions that you didnt want to answer.
If that an infraction so be it.
But I dont see how.
No, and neither will the mods, probably.
But this thread was about interesting stuff to do with historical Philadelphia, not my teaching ability. You like to harass and insult me and seldom address the topic at hand when it comes to me. I don't think it does this board one bit of good to allow it; it only drags down the thread. There's a basement for a reason, but we're not in it. That's where your behavior is expected and where this kind of crap belongs.

I'm doing a class this afternoon on US govt/history and am trying a virtual tour of Philadelphia--Independence Hall, where the delegates might have stayed, what they ate, pics (and sound) of the Liberty Bell.... I don't know much--never been there.
Anything interesting anyone know about 1787 Philly that they want to share in the next hour?
Independence Hall, the Mint, Constitution Center, Franklin Institute, Betsy Ross's house, there's a brewery there with recipes from the 1700's, the Masonic Lodge, old Episcopal Church, Penn's Landing, New Sweden (doesn't seem to be a transfer treaty of New Sweden from Sweden to the Netherlands), Coaquannock. Library. British capture of Philadelphia. The President's House in Philadelphia. Congress Hall: Congress Hall - Wikipedia
Wow! Thank you!
He liked the little tour, I told him the history of the Liberty bell and played the ringing for him. It called the people of Philadelphia to Independence Hall to hear the very first reading of the Declaration of Independence on July 8, 1776. Of course, I rammed a little of the Declaration down his throat too--good for kids, like Castor Oil.

I'm going to look up Betsy Ross's house.
Be careful with Betsy Ross. Her flag was deemed to be racist not too long ago.
Why?
You, the flag is actually a British line of Succession. Start with Edmund of Langley, English Civil War, Scottish Succession in Blue, and 13th is George Washington Kennon. 13 generations (Sons). 13 years, (Sun Orbits) takes to you to the end of the Seven Years' War. There's Powhatan, Virginia Dare (My Bonnie lay over the ocean, Shakespeare Sonnets 40's and 50's), Pocahontas, Thomas Pepsi Rolfe, and Washington in there too. Add 2 stripes for 15, and you add Acadia and Hudson Bay up to Charles II (Hudson Bay Charter) Stuart.

Pennsylvania Dutch cuisine! Reading Terminal Station!

1593749721477.png

MMMM..... Scrapple, Homefries, and Eggs. Just need semi copious amounts of ketchup. Some prefer syrup, and some Apfelbutter.

View attachment 358547

MMMM..... Scrapple, Homefries, and Eggs. Just need semi copious amounts of ketchup. Some prefer syrup, and some Apfelbutter.
Out in Western New York scrapple was a thing, too, but I admit I never tried it. The concept reminds me too much of Spam.

I'm doing a class this afternoon on US govt/history and am trying a virtual tour of Philadelphia--Independence Hall, where the delegates might have stayed, what they ate, pics (and sound) of the Liberty Bell.... I don't know much--never been there.
Anything interesting anyone know about 1787 Philly that they want to share in the next hour?
Philadelphians know how to fix a door window crank.

But they don't know how to fix a bell.

Firefighting there used to be run by private, for-profit companies. You can still see some some old places downtown that have plaques above the door indicating their membership with a given firefighting company.

Independence Hall, the Mint, Constitution Center, Franklin Institute, Betsy Ross's house, there's a brewery there with recipes from the 1700's, the Masonic Lodge, old Episcopal Church, Penn's Landing, New Sweden (doesn't seem to be a transfer treaty of New Sweden from Sweden to the Netherlands), Coaquannock. Library. British capture of Philadelphia. The President's House in Philadelphia. Congress Hall: Congress Hall - Wikipedia
Wow! Thank you!
He liked the little tour, I told him the history of the Liberty bell and played the ringing for him. It called the people of Philadelphia to Independence Hall to hear the very first reading of the Declaration of Independence on July 8, 1776. Of course, I rammed a little of the Declaration down his throat too--good for kids, like Castor Oil.

Yep. And shortly thereafter Rush and many of his listeners turned that into an opportunity to raise a few million bucks for charity, so I guess we owe that former QB asshole a thank you.

View attachment 358547

Out in Western New York scrapple was a thing, too, but I admit I never tried it. The concept reminds me too much of Spam.
Totally different flavor, tastes like a spicy meatloaf.

Wow! Thank you!

Why?
He considers the American flag offensive? I know he kneels during the Anthem because racism, but I didn't know he finds the flag offensive. I think it rots they pulled the sneaker. But he is their poster boy, isn't he? I suppose that gives him perks.
The people who make those shoes are like slaves in sweatshops. And they may live better then they did before they started.

Actually, the first Liberty Bell cracked the first time it was rung. They gave it to another foundry, who melted it down and built the Bell that called the people to hear the news for 90 years, from early 1750's to 1840's. Then, it too cracked. They did fine, imo.

Actually, the first Liberty Bell cracked the first time it was rung. They gave it to another foundry, who melted it down and built the Bell that called the people to hear the news for 90 years, from early 1750's to 1840's. Then, it too cracked. ...

Yeah, I went to elementary school too, thanks.

View attachment 358547

Lived here all my life and scrapple taste like HOT DOG SHIT
I think he's Philly hater, Cowboys' symbol and that. Rivalry. Scrapple tastes like... ein Bratwurst patty mit ein halb hart und halb weich kruste, wenn richtig gekocht, but spicer, and the texture of haggis inside.

Actually, the first Liberty Bell cracked the first time it was rung. They gave it to another foundry, who melted it down and built the Bell that called the people to hear the news for 90 years, from early 1750's to 1840's. Then, it too cracked. ...

Yeah, I went to elementary school too, thanks.
Oh, you were just making a joke.

Forum List

Back