Question's for RW's on Arizona immigration bill

At the press conference, the governor was asked what an illegal looked like, and she couldn't answer.

Yeah............with a start like that, what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

At the press conference, the governor was asked what an illegal looked like, and she couldn't answer.

This is a point I've often made in debates: Since the line between legal and illegal is very narrow whatever measures one takes to combat illegals will invariably end up affecting legal citizens as well. I hope the experiment works out well since I want to see laws enforced just like anyone else. But I suspect it will not. What we need is a more rational set of laws.

This is a point I've often made in debates: Since the line between legal and illegal is very narrow whatever measures one takes to combat illegals will invariably end up affecting legal citizens as well. I hope the experiment works out well since I want to see laws enforced just like anyone else. But I suspect it will not. What we need is a more rational set of laws.

That's the problem with living in a free and open society. Personally, I'd rather risk illegals living in our country (most of whom tend to be law abiding otherwise) than have my rights and freedoms curtailed based upon my appearance. I shouldn't have to have documentation at hand at all times unless I am driving where the law requires a drivers license. I should not have to do anything any different than any other law abiding citizen.

How about we build that damned fence

Electrify that damned fence and keep illegals out of our country.

That way no one has to worry about racial profiling. Jeeze.

That's the problem with living in a free and open society. Personally, I'd rather risk illegals living in our country (most of whom tend to be law abiding otherwise) than have my rights and freedoms curtailed based upon my appearance. I shouldn't have to have documentation at hand at all times unless I am driving where the law requires a drivers license. I should not have to do anything any different than any other law abiding citizen.

In Texas anytime your asked to identify yourself by an officer you must oblige or face the consequences.

Let say it's 3 am your walking down the road minding your own business not knowing there has been a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood, a cop stops you and asked for some identification, what do you do?

In Texas anytime your asked to identify yourself by an officer you must oblige or face the consequences.

Let say it's 3 am your walking down the road minding your own business not knowing there has been a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood, a cop stops you and asked for some identification, what do you do?

Never happened. But then again, it's unlikely they would have reasonable cause to arrest me simply for failing to produce ID without other suspicious behavior (like a sack of stuff and a furtive expression).

Arizona's law allows for a person to be arrested and held in jail for failing to provide proper papers and nothing more.

Tell him to pound sand.
A cop has no right to ask for ID from someone just walking along.

There are worse things to worry about than illegal aliens.

You assholes need to stop being drama queens. You can't even cash a check in this country without showing proper ID. You are asked for your ID probably 3 or 4 times a day each and every day..

You assholes need to stop being drama queens. You can't even cash a check in this country without showing proper ID. You are asked for your ID probably 3 or 4 times a day each and every day..

Nope. Hardly ever.

Cashing a check is one thing. Walking my dog down the street is another.

While working here in Amarillo at the MEPS, one of the guys in the office was a Mexican citizen who was working towards his US citizenship. Yes, the military does have a program like that.

Now, during the first year that I knew him, he was here on a visa, and on occasion would joke about leaving his green card at home, stating he hoped he didn't get picked up.

Now..........whenever the military does PRT, the only thing you're really required to carry on your person is your military ID. And, because a MEPS is in the civilian community, we have to find places to run our PRT tests, because there is no base close to here, as Clovis is 95 miles away.

If my shipmate had been running around the park, under Arizona law they could (and probably would stop him, he's Aztec and doesn't look American) stop him, and when they found out he didn't have his green card on him, could arrest him and put him in jail for 6 months.

No, it's not a good law.

And, what of the people who have neighbors they don't like? All it would take is an anonymous phone call stating that a family of illegals was living at a certain address, and because of this law, the police would be obligated to go and check it out.

Just wait........that scenario I just laid out is gonna happen. AZ is going to become a police state.

A. If you are running around a park in Arizona, or anywhere, carry fucking ID. If you fall over with a heart attack, looking Aztec is the least of your problems.

B. Police can check you out if I call an say I saw you nekkid in the backyard. Again, it won't matter if you had an Aztec looking ass or not, they'll wanna check it out.

The scenario could work out as follows under that law Sampson.......

Sheriff: Stop, let me see your ID. Are you a US Citizen?

Cas: No, I'm not a US Citizen, I'm in the military though (shows military ID).

Sheriff: Okay, but where is your green card? If you aren't a citizen, you still have to carry your green card.

Cas: No, I was participating in my PRT semi-annual test. I'm only required to carry my ID card under those conditions.

Sheriff: No, you're going to jail for 6 months, because if you aren't a citizen, it's illegal to be walking around without your green card.

That is what could happen under the AZ law as written Sampson. I don't like it because it's an unfair law.

I bet he could carry a damn 0.2 oz Green Card AND a military ID. And, even if the Sheriff was gonna be a hard ass, you could get the green card down to the station before the 6 months were up.

Aztecs are known for being able to exercise whilst carrying heavy loads.

Yes. Terrorists and drug dealers and anyone else who wants to slip into the country.

The fence works pretty well for Isreal and has for decades. Isreal is smaller but it does work and from what I've read, works very well.

Remember when they were checking people for big noses and Jewish descent?

That was profiling.

No.

But I do recall rounding up the Japs during WW II.

Nothing like asking an Eskimo for his ID, then throwing him into a camp full of Japanese.:lol::lol::lol:

Those were the Good ol' Days!!

Yes. Terrorists and drug dealers and anyone else who wants to slip into the country.

The fence works pretty well for Isreal and has for decades. Isreal is smaller but it does work and from what I've read, works very well.
You know how much money it would take to build a fence 1,969 miles long? ANd they just go over or under it.

Forum List

Back