Questions about COVID-19 testing

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
I understand that COVID-19 testing is needed for the purpose of gathering statistics needed to determine quarantining and other decisions, but I like to know what benefit it is to individuals.

If I'm really, really sick does it matter whether I have the Flu or COVID-19?

If tests are positive, given that there's no cure, will they at least prescribe narcotic cough medicine?

What are the critical indicators when complications have resulted in Pneumonia or Cytokine storms?

What treatments do hospitals offer?

Can you get antibiotics for pneumonia without going to the hospital?

What is the treatment for Cytokine storms?

My experience is that several people that have gone to hospitals with respiratory problems have gotten pneumonia while in the hospital and have died as a result. Why would I go there?

Being kept in a cold room with only a thin blanket, just to have a nurse take my temperature once in a while doesn't sound like a good idea. I'd rather stay at home if I can get prescriptions for cough medicine and anti-biotics.

At least I can stay warm and have all the Chicken soup & Tea I want.

You are a fool if you think getting supportive care is not needed. In many cases it is not but in sever cases you need IV antibiotics and anti-viral drugs that can not be given in a home environment. If you need a vent being at home is a no go.

The last thing you want to do is suppress someones respiratory rate and force. You do not give narcotics to someone with pneumonia unless they are on a vent and sedated. This slows the body's ability to expel the contaminates in the lungs.

Eat well...

Sleep...

Be smart when you are out and keep your home clean...

Take vitamins and supplements that help your immune system...

In short.... Wash your hands and dont cough on others. If your sick stay home...

I understand that COVID-19 testing is needed for the purpose of gathering statistics needed to determine quarantining and other decisions, but I like to know what benefit it is to individuals.

If tests are positive, given that there's no cure, will they at least prescribe narcotic cough medicine?

What are the critical indicators when complications have resulted in Pneumonia or Cytokine storms?

My experience is that several people that have gone to hospitals with respiratory problems have gotten pneumonia while in the hospital and have died as a result. Why would I go there?

Being kept in a cold room with only a thin blanket, just to have a nurse take my temperature once in a while doesn't sound like a good idea. I'd rather stay at home if I can get prescriptions for cough medicine and anti-biotics.

The pneumonia you get from it is viral antibiotics probably will not work.

The vast majority of Americans aren't going to be tested for corona, even those who come down with it. Most people, if they feel sick, will just care for themselves at home. There is no benefit to going to the hospital or doctors' office for a limited illness like this.

Be smart, be clean and stay the fuck home if you can. The tests are useless. There is no cure. There are a few people that will make a fortune on this but the people will not really benefit from tests or voluntary quarantining. The only thing of value so far was Trump disallowing flights from certain heavily infected countries.

Forum List

Back