Question

I wouldn’t say it is much ado about nothing…the fact that some of it was extremely sensitive and at the highest level of classification and was handled recklessly indicates we have a problem tracking and handling classified material. Three people have now been found to have had it and likely there are more. It is understandable given the chaos and rush of packing during a transition but still it is a problem.

I don’t think they’ve been weaponized and I think there is a danger in assuming an agency has been weaponized simply because it goes after Trump without considering the bigger picture. NARA spent a year discretely trying to get the documents back that belonged to it per the Presidential Records Act. Did you read anything about it during that time? I didn’t, so if it was in the news it certainly didn’t rise to the level of a headline. It didn’t get much attention until NARA discovered classified material in the boxes it finally got and that drastically changed it from a simple dispute over the presidential records act to a much more serious issue.

I think it also can’t be ignored that Trump obstructed and fought returning more documents and did not allow an extensive search of his properties while both Biden and Pence reported what was found and allowed unobstructed access. I don’t think it is a double standard.
But my friend, you are simply repeating the narrative that has been fed to you by a TDS afflicted media that will report ANYTHING they are told to report by a Democrat regime committed to taking Trump down. Non TDS afflicted media reports it very differently. You don't know, I don't know the details because we weren't there.

But anybody who thinks the government has treated Donald Trump ethically, even legally, simply doesn't want to see it any other way.

Unfortunately, as evidenced in this thread, you can provide facts and it won't matter to these willfully ignorant idiots that make up their own 'facts'. It's an effort in futility to even argue with them, but I certainly respect your effort and your civility, far better than I could do. ;)
It isn't only the left who can be guilty of that. It's hard to admit the people you want to believe in are corrupt, dishonest, wrong, unfair, etc. I am trashed constantly by Patriots when I point out something I think Trump or the GOP got wrong or defend somebody they hold in contempt. My Twitter feed is really really interesting that way, and even here on USMB I have been called hateful names or characterized unkindly by right wing members when they disagree with me. :)

But, I chose to be as accurate as I can instead of being popular. I don't think we can demand integrity unless we exercise it. And that can make me really unpopular. :)

Amazing how the leftie narrative changes on a dime now that the asshole in chief is in the spotlight.
Dont know about anyone else, but I’ve always said Trump is a criminal, an idiot and a downright ass wipe. Biden was never the first choice of the left. He just polled better against Trump. He’s actually turned out to be more effective then the left thought. Of course the bar is really low after a twice impeached criminal stinks up the white house for four years.

Last edited:
Trump gave them what they asked for. Boxes and boxes of it. No stalling. No complaints. Handed them over. Then the FBI came calling in the spring and asked to see any other docs Trump took with him. They were let into the storage room and allowed to go through every single box, see what was there, take with them anything they wanted, were told if they wanted anything other than what was in the storage room just ask and it would be produced. They asked for nothing, took nothing, asked that an extra lock be put on the storage room door and left.

If there was anything else they needed, all they had to do was ask for it later. They didn't.

Then just before the midterms, there was the Gestapo type raid on Mar-a-lago, the FBI kicked Trump's lawyer and staff off the premises so nobody could see what they were doing, they ransacked the place, spread empty folders on the floor for a photo op, took boxes with them including personal papers they had no right to have--that it was illegal for them to take--made sure the media had lots of opportunity to take what looked like incriminating photos, and left.

If the FBI had found ANYTHING in all of that they could say was incriminating, you can be damn sure the whole world would have known about it before the midterms as the whole operation was to damage Trump and the GOP before the midterms. They kept even the existence of Biden's docs quiet until after the midterms so as not to hurt the Democrats.

The double standard, the lack of due process, the obvious bias and partisanship, the willingness to bear false witness. . .all of that is pure evil.

Trump ignored their requests three times in 18 months. What's wrong with you?

Forum List

Back