Question to conservative brothers and sisters-Is it OK to use foul language in political discussions?

As a Catholic, as an American as someone who believes in strength and dignity I think that foul language is off limits in political conversation. I think it makes people weak and that’s the ironic thing about it people think it’s all macho and strong to use this type of rude language from behind a computer board. But because it’s around us so much…. it’s infiltrated our movies and literature who can blame us. I have engaged in using rude language but each time I do it I feel bad afterwards as if I have given into the devil. I feel that constant using swearwords and rude language would make me the same thing as a Black Lives Matter protester who gets in the face of police officers yells at them who goes around public areas acting very aggressively….. well that’s not the kind of man I want to be that’s not the kind of man my parents raised me to be and how could I ever look up to Jesus and act like that.

To my friends I ask who uses foul language, yelling and rude tactics the most? . Well I would say it is far left if we look at the fact that they’ve been able to through having groups of people use loud language and intimidation…. shut down conservative speakers at college campuses or public spaces. At the same time conservative and left-wing radio hosts have engaged in the politics of resentment …..they try to fire up their listeners by rattling them up. But I’ve never heard of a group of ie “white lives matter” people or any group of conservatives going to a left-wing college campus or public area and shutting down the free-speech of a liberal left-wing speaker.

Fuck off with that shit.

still waiting to hear whether OP votes for baby murderers

I don't know of any Dims who are pro life, except that Casey guy from PA some years back

I hear what you’re saying.

Politics can certainly be dirty that is true. But I’ve noticed something it seems that people are much less inclined to use the foul language if they’re in person compared to being on the Internet. Or if they’re at a real political debate compared to say being at a bar or a grocery store or a friends house. what do you think ….. would you use the same language at a political debate at a high school setting where perhaps your son or daughter was there compared to here on this form?
I probably wouldn't. Maybe that's why I don't go into high school settings. It certainly doesn't seem to deter the let's go Brandon bunch.

Sure they did.
Seriously, are you really that ignorant or are you simply feigning ignorance?

2023-01-11%20%20Donald%20Trump%20wages-XL.jpg

As a Catholic, as an American as someone who believes in strength and dignity I think that foul language is off limits in political conversation. I think it makes people weak and that’s the ironic thing about it people think it’s all macho and strong to use this type of rude language from behind a computer board. But because it’s around us so much…. it’s infiltrated our movies and literature who can blame us. I have engaged in using rude language but each time I do it I feel bad afterwards as if I have given into the devil. I feel that constant using swearwords and rude language would make me the same thing as a Black Lives Matter protester who gets in the face of police officers yells at them who goes around public areas acting very aggressively….. well that’s not the kind of man I want to be that’s not the kind of man my parents raised me to be and how could I ever look up to Jesus and act like that.

To my friends I ask who uses foul language, yelling and rude tactics the most? . Well I would say it is far left if we look at the fact that they’ve been able to through having groups of people use loud language and intimidation…. shut down conservative speakers at college campuses or public spaces. At the same time conservative and left-wing radio hosts have engaged in the politics of resentment …..they try to fire up their listeners by rattling them up. But I’ve never heard of a group of ie “white lives matter” people or any group of conservatives going to a left-wing college campus or public area and shutting down the free-speech of a liberal left-wing speaker.
Forcibly-S.jpg

Politeness is not always necessary and certainly not always deserved.

It is not worthwhile, in my opinion, to be above the fray when dealing with malicious ignorance or trolling; you will get nothing from such exchanges if you don’t even get catharsis.

Like, when they say the stupid thing once, politely, and are just incorrect, sure, calmly correct them. When they prove themselves allergic to information and repeat the nonsense that already stands corrected, things have escalated, and they are the ones escalating. By the time they’re just spamming what they know to be disinformation, correcting them with logic is not the correct reply, just insult or ignore list, or both.

Besides, I rather like the dichotomy of simultaneously proving beyond all doubt you know the subject at hand backwards and forwards whilst also telling the ignoramus wasting your time to go fuck themselves.

I don’t believe the pro abortion crowd is more peaceful I don’t think I said that but if I did it was a typo. I’m disabled I was in a wheelchair for a year and recovering pretty good but I still have a lot of trouble using my hands so I use the voice app brother.

I’m agreeing with what your saying itt …. this post and the other post was made to clear up the misunderstanding between us
Ok.

Again, what democrats are against abortion that you vote for?

Ok.

Those don’t exist anymore.

Like there were a few that flirted with that idea but most of them are still involved in politics and have fully abandoned their previous supposed principles, like the Castros, or uh, oh yeah, Joe Biden.

I'm curious, you say you vote for pro-life democrats?

Like who?

You do realize that the democrats 50 years ago are more right wing today than the GOP is today?

Right?

Instead of judging people on what label we call them or what race they are, etc maybe start to evaluate their character and actions instead.
That last part shows me there’s still a misunderstanding between us. Let me make this clear I Believe in equality among man and treating people with respect. I like your posts and I appreciate you so I don’t want there to be a misunderstanding I certainly don’t want you to view me as some kind of a far left us or something that’s why I’m clearing up a misunderstanding right now. I am a Democrat I voted for Donald Trump I voted for Lee Zeldin the republican candidate for governor of New York and I was really upset at the Republicans in general I felt like they failed me I felt like they let me down when they could not overtake the Senate. So I am also critical of Republicans who I think are weak against Black Lives Matter they got to do a lot better. I think that Republicans can play a role in making a country better it’s not just a matter of Democrats coming back to the center from the far left

I did not like it when you said you thought I was lecturing you …. I thought I was acting with grace and dignity in my conversation. We can praise Democrats we can praise Republicans we’re allowed to do that without getting upset with each other. The problem and I think you can agree with it is with people on the far left for example who lie and make up viewpoints of other people by calling them racist simply for disagreeing with BLM.

However people label them selves whether Democrat or Republican as long as they’re cool I’m cool with them.

I don’t know any Democrats that are pro life. I believe that the Democratic Party of the entire 20th century was honorable and I very much look up to them. But this is where I also wrongly get called a Nazi or a racist by far left people. Just because there are some Democrats who insult American history and who claim Republicans are racist today does it mean in return that we should say hey you know the Democrats of the 20th century were the racists. That is a “woke” approach that is an insult to our ancestors and it’s not right because so many southern democrats work to help poor people. I can’t stand it when people say “the Democrats were the party of racism and segregation”…. it sounds something like a BLM member would say.

They keep talking about segregation and racism in the American past the problem is that was a worldwide issue it was happening in every single country. Republicans and Democrats were racist other Republicans and Democrats were not racist. By the way I would ask you to not mega concentrate on one or two points I make that you might disagree with because there’s far more that we agree on. I would expect that you disagree with my views on the democratic party of the 20th century but we have so many more bigger concerns going on right now in America man. The rise of the fire left the rise of cancel culture the rise of BLM, these need to be opposed… and need to be opposed by people like me and you who might disagree on how we view some portion of history, but when it comes to the present day these are the greatest challenges we face my friend. … In my viewpoint this along with the rise of real estate prices, the inflation being high. A huge loss of the American middle class andthe prestige that comes with it. I believe that social justice warriors and cancel culture has played a role in damaging our economy.

Last edited:
still waiting to hear whether OP votes for baby murderers

I don't know of any Dims who are pro life, except that Casey guy from PA some years back
Well I’m against abortion so of course I vote against pro abortion people ….

I have an important question for you. What do we as Americans do when two presidential candidates are running and they’re both for abortion? . Or what do you do for example if one of your congressman or senator‘s is running and both people in the race are for abortion? . This creates a problem doesn’t it. Are supposed to sit out the race? Why aren’t Republicans doing more to make abortion illegal on the federal level. What is it with the states rights things why don’t they go for this on the federal level you see this is what it’s all about if we actually care about it I know you do I know I do but do the politicians actually care about it?

as a Catholic here’s a thing though. If this goes both ways we have to be against abortion and we have to be against the death penalty. I talk with liberals who are for a portion but against the death penalty and then I talk with conservatives who are against abortion but for the death penalty. No all lives matter. Redemption matters and you know it’s really fascinating about everything and actually cost way more money to Send a person to death row spend all the money on the appeals and spend a ton of money housing them and segregated units. Compared to petting a prisoner in a regular prison. And The fact that innocent people have been executed by the death penalty. The fact that it’s against Christianity the death penalty is against Christianity as abortion. Life is life

Last edited:
Politeness is not always necessary and certainly not always deserved.

It is not worthwhile, in my opinion, to be above the fray when dealing with malicious ignorance or trolling; you will get nothing from such exchanges if you don’t even get catharsis.

Like, when they say the stupid thing once, politely, and are just incorrect, sure, calmly correct them. When they prove themselves allergic to information and repeat the nonsense that already stands corrected, things have escalated, and they are the ones escalating. By the time they’re just spamming what they know to be disinformation, correcting them with logic is not the correct reply, just insult or ignore list, or both.

Besides, I rather like the dichotomy of simultaneously proving beyond all doubt you know the subject at hand backwards and forwards whilst also telling the ignoramus wasting your time to go fuck themselves.
That is a good idea you have there ….Wrt to the folks who say things like “ F you” or post some kind of insulting picture in response to a post. I usually respond about 4 or five times with those folks and if they keep on saying the same childish rude things then I put those folks on ignore. I’m not about the negative energy and generally all those folks do is provide negative energy. So I’m not gonna give them the time of the day I’m not gonna give them what they want By responding to them. Because I enjoy my life and I don’t let some politician or someone on the radio get to me. No maybe I could take a different route? I don’t know it does stink to put a few people on ignore I don’t know if that is the right route.

I totally get what you’re saying and it sounds like a person like you can provide a pretty good retort to someone who only uses insults.

The thing for me is for example when I dealt with far left wingers on a left-wing form called “defending the truth” …. if I simply said I disagree with sending money to Ukraine or I disagree with Black Lives Matter…. do you know what happened? I get called the racist Nazi and all sorts of names. And when I was trying to reason with these people it was literally always the same thing A two or three word insult and the constant use of swearwords but no actual constructive argument. So when that kind of thing happens(if it keeps reoccurring) I usually just put that person on ignore.

The other side of the argumentative say for example I made a thread about BLM and I started calling them evil and said screw ‘em . And btw I have called BLM evil in the past and all sorts of names like animals and things like that….. just like how they do it to us an eye for an eye right? But then I got to thinking about things ….no that’s not the way forward I’m not gonna lower myself to those people’s level I will look up to the values of Jesus who gave us the true work who brought us the gospel.

Ok.

I don’t know of any off the top of my head. If you knew me better you would know that I have voiced tons and tons of criticism toward Democrats for their pro abortion stance. I’m glad to continue to clear up these misunderstanding because we don’t have a problem with each other.

In a country of over 3 million people there are Democrats who are against abortion I would certainly vote for them if I agreed with their other positions. And do you look at the other positions of candidates who are pro abortion…. or if Candidate is pro abortion is that alone enough for you to give them your vote.?

And I think there’s too many Republicans who are pro abortion. We have work to do abortion needs to be illegal on a federal level and I personally want to see Democrats and Republicans pushing for this and just Americans in general pushing for this.

What about a potential Senate , Congress or presidential race where the only candidates running support abortion. What do we do? How do we respond to this? This is a genuine question because frankly I would consider sitting the thing out or maybe doing a writ in as a protest?

Last edited:

Question to conservative brothers and sisters-Is it OK to use foul language in political discussions?​

As a general rule, when a person resorts to foul language it is a means of demagoguery of the opponent or a denigration of his/her pov. It means the other person or their position on an issue is being characterized in a negative way instead of the discussing the pros and cons of the debate in a civilized manner. It is an emotional response that does not improve or help your own pov or advance the discussion in a positive way. I say this knowing that I am sometimes guilty of this myself.

So - is it okay? NO. Our 1st Amendment allows it, so it ain't illegal. But neither is it a good way to convince anyone else that you are right and they ain't. Mostly it's non-productive, but being human we do it anyway.

Forum List

Back