Question for Married People (who are faithful)

I don't know if I could do it actually, cause, I don't think I could to it just once.
I mean, if I really wanted that person sexually, it was probably because I felt connected to them emotionally.
That would mean not only betraying my husband, but, also, creating more pain for myself in the process.

I might have to rethink this......

probably not. Cheaters that have done it once are more likely than those that haven't to do it again.

open that door and it's open. nail that fucker............

shut.

or don't. but don't kid yourself about it not leading to places you might not expect and therefore having it get out of the supposed 'no consequences' box.

No, marriage is a sacred bond of trust. Once the trust is violated it can never be restored. Even if the spouse never finds out. You have still lost something within yourself that will haunt you & your marriage forever. Once you've crossed that line, it will only be a matter of time before you seek divorce. Because you've changed, in thought, feelings or behavior toward yourself & your spouse.

If you're having fantasies about doing this? Understand that reality isn't as great so stick to the fantasy.

There is a saying I like to say to people, said it at least 100 times to each of my kids...
"Life happens"...life is unpredictable, and no one is sheltered from that.
The older I get the more I know. And one of those things is you can never say with absolute certainty that you will or will never do something you are 100% confident you wouldn't.
Life happens.
It is also why it is wrong to judge others according to how you see yourself..or more importantly because "you would never do it".
Life happens. Circumstances can and do happen that turn people's lives upside down - and even as short as a few months before they had absolutely no idea it was coming and most certainly would have never predicted the way they reacted to it.
Life happens. It is good to have solid morals and ethics, I myself do. But I also know that things happen in life that can rip you inside out...and in those times we can become lost to ourselves. It happens.
No one knows who they really are, or what they are capable of until they are tested. True that.

If you could have sex with someone you are EXTREMELY attracted to (other than your spouse) and were guaranteed 100% not to get caught or for anyone else to know etc. (also, guarantee of no STDs or pregnancies)

Would you do it?

You can also say with who if you'd like - like if it's a celebrity or an old flame.....

No...

Thinking about it is bad enough, and even if Alicea Vikander came to my door I would turn her down... It would be hard ( Literally ) but no way would I throw away a marriage...

that's the point Bruce. you wouldn't throw away your marriage cause you have the guarantee of no one ever knowing. Unless you think the guilt would ruin your marriage (your guilt)

It's a betrayal to your spouse. The vows you make are your word. If my wife can't take me at my word, then we have nothing. Whether they would know or not isn't the point, the point is being faithful and that means doing the right thing, whether they will ever know or not.

If you could have sex with someone you are EXTREMELY attracted to (other than your spouse) and were guaranteed 100% not to get caught or for anyone else to know etc. (also, guarantee of no STDs or pregnancies)

Would you do it?

You can also say with who if you'd like - like if it's a celebrity or an old flame.....

No.

1) I took an oath, and I am not Obama.

2) My wife would know. She can read my mind. :laugh2:

I promised my wife and God not to do this type of thing. I know and God would, so nope. Since God joins a man to his wife, the sin of adultery is against your spouse AND yourself.

Would you do it?

That's called masturbation.

I don't know if I could do it actually, cause, I don't think I could to it just once.
I mean, if I really wanted that person sexually, it was probably because I felt connected to them emotionally.
That would mean not only betraying my husband, but, also, creating more pain for myself in the process.

probably not. Cheaters that have done it once are more likely than those that haven't to do it again.

shut.

or don't. but don't kid yourself about it not leading to places you might not expect and therefore having it get out of the supposed 'no consequences' box.

I've never cheated. I have had "crushes" but not cheated. I have no intention to either.
My motives may not be as "pure" as the other posters here, but, either way. I'll remain faithful.

don't be sad. Shape up! :)
Bad news after bad news. When the first one knocked me on the ground I was gathering myself to get up, then out of nowhere came the second like a kick in the nuts. I am still curled up on the floor.....

shut.

I've never cheated. I have had "crushes" but not cheated. I have no intention to either.
My motives may not be as "pure" as the other posters here, but, either way. I'll remain faithful.

I realize the question was a hypothetical, but I think this 'there won't be consequences' lie is something people tell themselves all the time. they do it when they drink to excess, they do it when they smoke two packs a day etc., etc. then when their liver craps out or they end up with tumors the size of oranges they regret believing their own BS.

everyone thinks it won't happen to them, but it just doesn't work that way, and things that seem simple can turn on a dime, so my comment was intended to be more on that aspect than anything else and certainly wasn't a supposition or implication of any kind.....

I agree. In reality. It was a "fantasy" question. But to try to suspend reality is asking a lot too, I understand.

I think it's pretty impressive the amount of people here (men in particular) committed to their marriages. You hear so much more about those that are not. If they are being truthful, I am genuinely impressed and encouraged.

Forum List

Back