Question For John Atheist: Don't You Want To Remember Your Good Deeds Forever?

So, if you die and life ends and there is no eternity, why would anyone care?
By not being able to immediately think of about 100 answers, you expose your own mental and moral problems. Not anyone else's.
There is no morality without GOD, only personal opinion and desire. Plus, the highest suicide rate is (a mental barometer) shamefully among those with no religious affiliation ------ that would be atheists and agnostics...
Is this the same God who wiped out just about every man, women, child, and animal in a flood? The God to order Israelites to invade foreign countries, commit genocide, and make slaves of their enemies? The God that punishes the innocent?
This is the very same GOD who knows all about everything and even all about you. When Sodom and Gomorrah and the other cities of the plain were to be annihilated, Abraham had a conversation with GOD in which he got GOD to promise that HE would not destroy those cites if there were at least 10 righteous people living somewhere in that mess. Guess what, there were not and so HE did. The fact is ----- if all the righteous people today were to die off, the rest of the population would be in deep deep trouble, because GOD knows. GOD doesn't punish innocent people. For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. A righteous person isn't without sin; however, the righteous person has faith in GOD and not himself or his possessions and abilities. It's called being humble. There are not many people like that today, most have far too much garbage on their mind to care...
GOD doesn't punish innocent people? You think that in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah there were no babies or children?
Have you ever read the story in Genesis 19 of Sodom and Gomorrah?

1 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.”
They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”

14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the Lord is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.

15 With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished.”

16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Lord was merciful to them. 17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!”

18 But Lot said to them, “No, my lords, please! 19 Your servant has found favor in your eyes, and you have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life. But I can’t flee to the mountains; this disaster will overtake me, and I’ll die. 20 Look, here is a town near enough to run to, and it is small. Let me flee to it—it is very small, isn’t it? Then my life will be spared.”

21 HE said to him, “Very well, I will grant this request too; I will not overthrow the town you speak of. 22 But flee there quickly, because I cannot do anything until you reach it.” (That is why the town was called Zoar.)

23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus HE overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

27 Early the next morning Abraham got up and returned to the place where he had stood before the Lord. 28 He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace.

29 So when GOD destroyed the cities of the plain, HE remembered Abraham, and HE brought Lot out of the catastrophe that overthrew the cities where Lot had lived.

The logic is that these cities had become so depraved ----- busy having illicit same sex that there was at that perfect moment no babies. Likely they also performed abortions and child sacrifices. Another reason to engage in same sex is because it didn't procreate but they had irresponsible sexually gratifying pleasure ----- without "complications".
So in these two cities there was not a single child and there was not a single person who was not gay? Sorry but this doesn't have the ring of truth. It sounds like theology not history.

CERN says it was created from nothing.

You can't say God didn't create it.

I can say God did create it.
If you can say God did create the universe why can't someone say God didn't create it? Both are equally devoid of evidence.

JAG Writes:
~ Regarding John Atheist ~
~ Introductory Remarks ~

John Atheist,
You do desire to live a heroic life and to be remembered
for your good deeds, don't you? I think you do.
You have lived your life to help others, haven't you? Yes,
you most likely have.
You have lived by the Golden Rule that says do unto
others as you would have them do unto you, haven't
you? Yes, you probably have lived that way.
But on your atheism let us assume that you die and
cease to exist forever --- here is a short piece I wrote
about this atheistic cease-to-exist sadness.

A Monument To John Atheist
by JAG
Let us say that your risked your life to save 3000 people that
were stranded in a dangerous storm and in so doing you lost
a leg, but you were successful in rescuing them and the "powers
that be" gave you a medal for your heroic action and later a
grateful nation erected a statue of John Atheist and it stood
for 500 years.

That would matter to YOU in the short term, but not in the
long term. On your atheism there would come a time when
John Atheist ceased to exist -- and became this 00000

If John Atheist does Cease-To-Exist, then in the long
term it would not matter to YOU that you had acted
heroically to save the lives of other human beings.

If some humans remembered you for 5000 years it would
NOT matter to YOU because you Ceased-To-Exist and
had become this 00000.

So what point am I making? Answer: You need spiritual
tools to arrive at what really matters.
John 3:16
{1) believe and get Eternal Life
{2} refuse to believe and "perish"

John Atheist now has Eternal Life , , , ,

Here on this spiritual ground your heroic action would
matter for all Eternity. It would be FOREVER in your mind
that you had performed a noble heroic action that helped
other people at great cost to you. It would be known by untold
billions of human beings who were sharing Eternal Life with you.
It would matter to YOU and to THEM . . . FOREVER.

Now why on Earth, would that NOT appeal to you?
Why would you NOT desire to be known forever.
And remembered forever by large numbers of
people that YOU had personally helped by living a
noble heroic life?

Why does it not make you very sad to think that all
your past noble heroic acts will be reduced to 00000
and will never be remembered by you?

JAG
We don't think it's an option for anyone. The flip side is we don't have to worry about going to hell either.
there is no hell--so no one has to worry about that
hahahahahhahaha
How do you know? Who informed you? What will be the ramifications if you are wrong?
What if you are wrong? What if you will suffer, because you believe in the wrong god?
The Wrong GOD? Do you refer to the gods of the Mormons? The god of the Koran? The godless Buddhists? The many animal gods of the Hindi, or one's ancestor worship? Please elaborate...
..all religions are made up by man = fake = not real
Including evolution? Or do you exclude evolution because you believe it to 100% true and comes from individuals who never lie, cheat, or steal ------- And are certainly not prideful ------ ever...
silly silly silly
1. I don't believe it's 100% true
2. it's not a religion---hahahahahah
3. it's based on evidence/etc--which religions are not
4. prideful---???!!! hahahahhah what?
5.. it's a theory, at least--not ''god did it'''
Evolution is a cult, based on the faulty interpretation of partial evidence. Since GOD can do it why exclude HIM to concoct an alternative. Christianity is founded on factual historic data, and encouraged observation, investigation and repeatable research.

By not being able to immediately think of about 100 answers, you expose your own mental and moral problems. Not anyone else's.
There is no morality without GOD, only personal opinion and desire. Plus, the highest suicide rate is (a mental barometer) shamefully among those with no religious affiliation ------ that would be atheists and agnostics...
Is this the same God who wiped out just about every man, women, child, and animal in a flood? The God to order Israelites to invade foreign countries, commit genocide, and make slaves of their enemies? The God that punishes the innocent?
This is the very same GOD who knows all about everything and even all about you. When Sodom and Gomorrah and the other cities of the plain were to be annihilated, Abraham had a conversation with GOD in which he got GOD to promise that HE would not destroy those cites if there were at least 10 righteous people living somewhere in that mess. Guess what, there were not and so HE did. The fact is ----- if all the righteous people today were to die off, the rest of the population would be in deep deep trouble, because GOD knows. GOD doesn't punish innocent people. For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. A righteous person isn't without sin; however, the righteous person has faith in GOD and not himself or his possessions and abilities. It's called being humble. There are not many people like that today, most have far too much garbage on their mind to care...
GOD doesn't punish innocent people? You think that in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah there were no babies or children?
Have you ever read the story in Genesis 19 of Sodom and Gomorrah?

1 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.”
They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”

14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the Lord is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.

15 With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished.”

16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Lord was merciful to them. 17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!”

18 But Lot said to them, “No, my lords, please! 19 Your servant has found favor in your eyes, and you have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life. But I can’t flee to the mountains; this disaster will overtake me, and I’ll die. 20 Look, here is a town near enough to run to, and it is small. Let me flee to it—it is very small, isn’t it? Then my life will be spared.”

21 HE said to him, “Very well, I will grant this request too; I will not overthrow the town you speak of. 22 But flee there quickly, because I cannot do anything until you reach it.” (That is why the town was called Zoar.)

23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus HE overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

27 Early the next morning Abraham got up and returned to the place where he had stood before the Lord. 28 He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace.

29 So when GOD destroyed the cities of the plain, HE remembered Abraham, and HE brought Lot out of the catastrophe that overthrew the cities where Lot had lived.

The logic is that these cities had become so depraved ----- busy having illicit same sex that there was at that perfect moment no babies. Likely they also performed abortions and child sacrifices. Another reason to engage in same sex is because it didn't procreate but they had irresponsible sexually gratifying pleasure ----- without "complications".
So in these two cities there was not a single child and there was not a single person who was not gay? Sorry but this doesn't have the ring of truth. It sounds like theology not history.
You seem to believe that "gay" is exclusive. It isn't. It's a rung down a ladder. If all anyone wants is frivolity, sexual arousal, and pleasure ------ that individual will soon discover that there are numerous ways to fulfill such desires. Rape, debasement, fetish arousals, molestation --- are all lusts that are awaiting experimentation. It's like drugs. Once the door is open it becomes harder and harder to deny the sensations, and shut Pandora's box.

And you seem to imagine that GOD is uncaring and unsympathetic. HE certainly isn't. HE also knows the perfect time to do everything.

Evolution is a cult, based on the faulty interpretation of partial evidence. Since GOD can do it why exclude HIM to concoct an alternative. Christianity is founded on factual historic data, and encouraged observation, investigation and repeatable research.
Outside of the Bible there is no evidence for GOD, at least the god described there. The Bible may be enough for believers but not for science.

And you seem to imagine that GOD is uncaring and unsympathetic. HE certainly isn't. HE also knows the perfect time to do everything.
Circular reasoning.

You define God as 'good' so, it must follow, that everything He does must be 'good'. If you looked at the world as it is and used that to define God, you might well describe God as uncaring and unsympathetic.

You define God as 'perfect' so, it must follow, that everything He does must be 'perfect'. If you looked at the Bible and used that to define God, you might well describe God as vain, petty, and capricious.

JAG Writes:
~ Introductory Remarks ~

John Atheist,
you most likely have.

by JAG
for 500 years.

had become this 00000.

noble heroic life?

JAG
We don't think it's an option for anyone. The flip side is we don't have to worry about going to hell either.
hahahahahhahaha
How do you know? Who informed you? What will be the ramifications if you are wrong?
What if you are wrong? What if you will suffer, because you believe in the wrong god?
The Wrong GOD? Do you refer to the gods of the Mormons? The god of the Koran? The godless Buddhists? The many animal gods of the Hindi, or one's ancestor worship? Please elaborate...
Including evolution? Or do you exclude evolution because you believe it to 100% true and comes from individuals who never lie, cheat, or steal ------- And are certainly not prideful ------ ever...
silly silly silly
wrong--religion is made up fairytales
here are the FACTS
a: the state of a religious
b(1): the service and worship of God or the supernatural
(2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

JAG Writes:
~ Introductory Remarks ~

John Atheist,
you most likely have.

by JAG
for 500 years.

had become this 00000.

noble heroic life?

JAG
hahahahahhahaha
silly silly silly
Evolution is a cult? That’s strange because biological evolution is among the best supported theories in science. I guess you believe there is some worldwide conspiracy?

Your comment about Christianity is odd because the facts are otherwise. Christianity held back science and investigation for 800 years during the Dark Ages.

I’ve noticed there is a certain breed of really, really angry Christianity.

Whites justified slavery as a way to save the soul of the non-believers which then morphed into if the person being enslaved came from an area that wasn't naturally christian---then focused on skin color.
Do you have any proof of this?
Says the guy who never offers up any real proof. :lol:
Prove it. :lol:
Any post of yours, they all have NO proof, only your made up shit.
Prove it. Show me they have no proof. Link to one.
Anything about the BB popping out of nowhere.
You are a moron. It's accepted science, dummy. Just go to CERN.
CERN isn't about the universe popping out of nothing, they're smashing shit together to see what's inside. See? This is what I'm talking about, your so called proof isn't proof of anything, except that you don't know how to prove something.
No. CERN says the universe was created, dummy.

That the atoms in your body are 14 billion years old.
So the universe was created, and CERN doesn't say that it's by a magic invisible guy who poofs everything into existence from nothing.

:dance:
Link me to the exact page and quote that proves that from CERN. I bet you can't.

Whites justified slavery as a way to save the soul of the non-believers which then morphed into if the person being enslaved came from an area that wasn't naturally christian---then focused on skin color.
CERN isn't about the universe popping out of nothing, they're smashing shit together to see what's inside. See? This is what I'm talking about, your so called proof isn't proof of anything, except that you don't know how to prove something.

So the universe was created, and CERN doesn't say that it's by a magic invisible guy who poofs everything into existence from nothing.

Link me to the exact page and quote that proves that from CERN. I bet you can't.
I’ve linked it to you dozens of times, dummy.

It’s ok if you want to be a science denier, Taz.

You’re right...
All of those nations that murdered entire civilizations in the name of “god” and no “god” were much nicer than God.

Outside of the Bible there is no evidence for GOD, at least the god described there. The Bible may be enough for believers but not for science.
The fact is that scientists have NOT been unable to create biological life given all their degrees and trial and error. Yet you would believe that somehow "Mother Nature" discovered the way arbitrarily on a barren planet. The fact is that without the wisdom of the Bible, man is heading down a hell hole and people are not more mature or good natured. The fact is that there is plenty of historical evidence regarding the truth of the Bible and archaeology is constantly discovering how correct the Bible actually is in every way. This of course annoys certain groups of people who think life should be all about them.

JAG Writes:
~ Introductory Remarks ~

John Atheist,
you most likely have.

by JAG
for 500 years.

had become this 00000.

noble heroic life?

JAG
hahahahahhahaha
silly silly silly
Evolution is a cult? That’s strange because biological evolution is among the best supported theories in science. I guess you believe there is some worldwide conspiracy?

Your comment about Christianity is odd because the facts are otherwise. Christianity held back science and investigation for 800 years during the Dark Ages.

A cult is a group that excludes and demeans those who have other opinions... Christianity created the colleges and universities that atheists basically stole. The dark ages was primarily caused by the abduction of Christianity by the Papist world government view, that ended with the PROTESTANT REFORMATION on the heals or the Gutenberg Bible ---- when people once again began to read the Bible for themselves and it wasn't "interpreted" only by the ROMAN CLERGY (as the means to retain their authority and not in fact GOD's). As an example the United States embraced the Protestant Reformation --- Italy did not...

I’ve linked it to you dozens of times, dummy.

It’s ok if you want to be a science denier, Taz.
You always link to the general CERN site. I'm saying quote the part where they say that the universe popped into being from nothing, and put the link to the page. You can't expect me to search through the whole site, do you? :cuckoo:

JAG Writes:
~ Introductory Remarks ~

John Atheist,
you most likely have.

by JAG
for 500 years.

had become this 00000.

noble heroic life?

JAG
hahahahahhahaha
silly silly silly

A cult is a group that excludes and demeans those who have other opinions... Christianity created the colleges and universities that atheists basically stole. The dark ages was primarily caused by the abduction of Christianity by the Papist world government view, that ended with the PROTESTANT REFORMATION on the heals or the Gutenberg Bible ---- when people once again began to read the Bible for themselves and it wasn't "interpreted" by the ROMAN CLERGY.
the christians exclude and demean those who have other opinions
christians TORTURED people for not believing what they do
..they denigrated Galileo for believing the TRUTH!!

JAG Writes:
~ Introductory Remarks ~

John Atheist,
you most likely have.

by JAG
for 500 years.

had become this 00000.

noble heroic life?

JAG
hahahahahhahaha
silly silly silly

A cult is a group that excludes and demeans those who have other opinions... Christianity created the colleges and universities that atheists basically stole. The dark ages was primarily caused by the abduction of Christianity by the Papist world government view, that ended with the PROTESTANT REFORMATION on the heals or the Gutenberg Bible ---- when people once again began to read the Bible for themselves and it wasn't "interpreted" by the ROMAN CLERGY.
ROMAN Catholic ---- not CHRISTIAN. Sure, I disagree with you; however, I'm not out to insult nor harm you. I simply feel that you are wrong and that others need to see that yours in not the only opinion.

The fact is that scientists have NOT been unable to create biological life given all their degrees and trial and error. Yet you would believe that somehow "Mother Nature" discovered the way arbitrarily on a barren planet. The fact is that without the wisdom of the Bible, man is heading down a hell hole and people are not more mature or good natured. The fact is that there is plenty of historical evidence regarding the truth of the Bible and archaeology is constantly discovering how correct the Bible actually is in every way. This of course annoys certain groups of people who think life should be all about them.
Scientists have never seen an electron but we use them every second of every day.

You say God created life without evolution but no one has ever seen it happen. There has never been a case of God creating life from non-living material. New species are constantly being created but we've never seen God do it. Why?

There is a lot of history in the Bible but there is even more history left out. Why are things like ice ages, the disappearance of the Mediterranean Sea, and the existence of people in the Americas not even a footnote?

JAG Writes:
~ Introductory Remarks ~

John Atheist,
you most likely have.

by JAG
for 500 years.

had become this 00000.

noble heroic life?

JAG
hahahahahhahaha
silly silly silly

ROMAN Catholic ---- not CHRISTIAN. Sure, I disagree with you; however, I'm not out to insult nor harm you. I simply feel that you are wrong and that others need to see that yours in not the only opinion.
..the Roman Catholics are not christians? !!!!!???

Forum List

Back