Question for Bible-believing women

Anonymous1977

(NOT AFFILIATED WITH GROUP CALLED, "ANONYMOUS")
Nov 7, 2014
האי שלי
Greetings my dear sister believers in the God of Abraham,

I hope that you are doing fine today. I am doing fine:).

To begin, a few months ago I was reading the NIV Bible's "Song of Songs" which is called in the KJV, "Song of Solomon." I remember a verse from that Book that made a very big impression on me. It was addressed to the "Daughters of Jerusalem," so, as a man I wondered how females interpret and understand the verse, and I wondered how would the verse affect Bible-believing women's thoughts and behavior (since it is from the less read than the KJV, New International Version.) The verse is repeated in the Book and I was wondering about these things...here is the verse:
  1. Song of Songs 2:7
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
  2. Song of Songs 3:5
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
  3. Song of Songs 8:4
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
My dear, dear sisters, may I ask: what does this verse mean to you and how would it affect your behavior if you lived by it?

Thank you VERY MUCH to all answerers.

Brotherly love,
Anonymous1977

To begin, a few months ago I was reading the NIV Bible's "Song of Songs" which is called in the KJV, "Song of Solomon." I remember a verse from that Book that made a very big impression on me. It was addressed to the "Daughters of Jerusalem," so, as a man I wondered how females interpret and understand the verse, and I wondered how would the verse affect Bible-believing women's thoughts and behavior (since it is from the less read than the KJV, New International Version.) The verse is repeated in the Book and I was wondering about these things...here is the verse:
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
My dear, dear sisters, may I ask: what does this verse mean to you and how would it affect your behavior if you lived by it?

Brotherly love,
Anonymous1977

You shouldn't have sex unless you're in the mood.

Brotherly love,
Anonymous1977

You shouldn't have sex unless you're in the mood.
No midnight nookie?????

A stalker who wants money and power by telling and forcing others to do as told.

It is called unrighteous dominion.

I haven't spent much time in Song of Songs, have been tackling other books lately but it sounds like it is advice to women to use their heads before they throw their hearts (as well as bodies) out there. In other words, don't waste love or try to attract the attention of men with whom you have no future.

Pretty good advice. It's the same advice I give my daughter.

Sunni Man, no Christian ever has to answer a infidel's inquiry about his religion.

Sunni Man, no Christian ever has to answer a infidel's inquiry about his religion.

Yeah, Christians get to do whatever they want to because Jesus paid the price for their sins, right, including being sexists, racists or whatever? "Jesus paid for it all," right?

What type of religion is that, Sir?

Yeah, Christians get to do whatever they want to because Jesus paid the price for their sins, right, including being sexists, racists or whatever? "Jesus paid for it all," right?

That's not Christianity. I don't know what it is, but it isn't what we believe, and it isn't what we do.

Those are your words, right? They simply show you don't have Christ in your heart and that you don't understand Him and His love for you. I urge to begin.

Sad but amusing when a now-Muslin once-Christian starts quizzing Christians about faith. Sunni Man has not the spiritual manhood to admit his mistake and will not return to Christ as a helpless sinner seeking forgiveness.

So back on topic, I guess that means no more skinny jeans, halter tops, and bikinis, right?

Unless you wear a KAFTAN over them, lol.

Honestly, super revealing clothing, besides being (in most instances) uncomfortable is never a really good idea for many reasons.

I allow my girl to be stylish, and she dances and performs so she likes to wear leggings and form fitting clothes...but except when she's actually doing those things, we try to avoid super attention-attracting clothing. Because she doesn't need that sort of attention. It gets in the way of making good decisions and focusing on what's important.

We recognize we live in the world and in the world, there are times when to dress differently is viewed as inappropriate or odd, and I don't go so far as all that...but at the same time..I don't send her places scantily clothed when I know there are going to be a bunch of boys around (except the theatre! And she's covered, it's just that there's not much there. But they're mostly gay or going to be gay anyway, it's a pretty safe environment, lol). We talk a lot about good attention and bad attention...and how fleeting and unimportant surface beauty is anyway. She's been blessed with tremendous physical beauty.....but that could change tomorrow. It's a huge mistake for women to tie up too much of their personalities in how they appear to the opposite sex. It is wonderful to be attractive, and fashion is fun, and so is love...but all in the right time. Character is most important, and it's hard to build character if you're spending all your time either fighting off boys, or clutching them. The joy of passion and overt sexuality is made more special if it's MADE SPECIAL....that is, not dispersed willy-nilly or broadcast. Save it for the real thing.

Forum List

Back