Zone1 Question For Atheists

it doesn't want to. and the very fact that it tries so hard to present any other hypothesis/theory is evidence that they DO deny it. There Was a time when scientists WERE Believers. Many scientists got the inspiration from bible passages to go on to make the scientific discovery of valleys in the oceans, the water cycle, that the earth is round and is hung in the heavens/'river' currents in the ocean..the gulf stream, and more.

Okay so maybe some scientists deny the existence of God, but science itself doesn't. I see what you're saying though and get where you're coming from.

If there is no such thing as God, then why did the big bang occur? I believe that it happened as science tells us that it did, but it doesn't seem to know how or why.

I'm not an atheist, but I'm also not religious. Why did the Big Bang happen? Who knows? It's far, FAR beyond our understanding.
What is in our understanding is that humans are fickle and need to feel they are in control of things. So we understand why humans create gods and religion.

Perhaps the universe is like an atom. Perhaps we were an atom that was used for creating an atomic explosion in a world outside of our universe. Perhaps any other things. We will never know.
What I also know is that if there is a God, then something has to have created that God. Who?

If there is no such thing as God, then why did the big bang occur? I believe that it happened as science tells us that it did, but it doesn't seem to know how or why.
We're allowed to say 'we don't know'.

That's funny. So I suppose black holes don't exist because they can't be recreated. Same with galaxies.
it is not a question of IF they exist...it is a question of HOW they got there. Well actually...there is a question of whether a black hole exists by none other than Hawking and another scientist from UNC. They said in 2014 or prior to, that black holes do not exist in the way that scientists think they exist. BUT in particular, that UNC scientist said that 'since we cannot observie the HISTORICAL ORIGIN Of the black hole, then we cannot know how they formed. '
But that does not change the fact that they exist.

The scientist in North Carolina does not believe that stellar black holes could form the way scientists believe they formed. Therefore, she proposes they do not exist. Since we cannot observe the historical origins of a black hole, we actually cannot know how they formed! What do you make of this? Do you think she is confused over the definition of theory and hypothesis?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back