Question about Lybia

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
Four Americans are dead, including the US Ambassador to Lybia who only helped the Lybian people in any and every way he could. At least, that's what I got from reports the day after the murders.

Apparently, there were 7 people there that night and I assume that 5 or 6 of the people there were armed and had combat gear on.

What I want to know is why didn't these men, who were armed and there to protect the Ambassador, why didn't they open fire and kill those who were attacking the Embassy?

As soon as this mob broke through the front gate, they should have been dropped. Maybe they were waiting to see what they were going to do, maybe they thought it was just a group of people pissed about something and spay some graffiti on the walls and leave.

Ok, wait and see, I'll let that pass. Then they set fires to cars. Maybe now these people are here to hurt us, let's open fire. Nope, not yet, let's wait and see if they leave.

Then they set fire to a building, how about now we open up, drop these bastards. Nope.

Four Americans dead and no evidence of these guys protecting themselves.

Where they ordered to stand down?

Complicated, but we do know one of the security people was in a safe room (bedroom?) with the Ambassador while the others were going for bigger badder weaponry.

Terrorists entered with gasoline type weapons...lit place on fire. Petrol smoke...as is the rule, security man goes outside a steel barred window first, and then looks back for Ambassador to follow safely..

it ends badly

They were using local security in an attempt to normalize activity in the area according to the state dept. Evidently the local folks didn't think the job was worth dying for.

Forum List

Back