Query

akiboy

Mar 28, 2006
Mumbai
Any Bollywood fans here with whom I could dicuss movies and stuff?? Anyone who likes to discuss about Tom Cruise and George Clooney movies????

Please do let me know!!!

Akshay

PS: When is Ocean's Thirteen releasing ????

I haven't seen "Water" myself. I heard John Abraham is great in the movie but I dont understand.. I thought the movie was about widows in early India how can it be a chick flick (Is it something like Miss Congeniality or somethin...) Surprised that it was Canada's entry for foreign film into the Oscars even though the actors are Indian , the director is Indian and the movie is about India.

Akshay

I haven't seen "Water" myself. I heard John Abraham is great in the movie but I dont understand.. I thought the movie was about widows in early India how can it be a chick flick (Is it something like Miss Congeniality or somethin...) Surprised that it was Canada's entry for foreign film into the Oscars even though the actors are Indian , the director is Indian and the movie is about India.

Akshay

Why is that so surprising? The director is Indian-Canadian and probably recieved some funding from the Canadian government. Were you expecting Trailor Park Boys or something in french about bacon or geese?

And yes, the move was primarily about WOMEN, with an almost entire cast made up of WOMEN, hence my comment about it being a chickflick.......tear jerker.

A friend of mine told me about some Bollywood vampire movie that he thinks is one of the best horror movies of the last 20 years, but I don't remember the name of it.

BTW, what does the name "Bollywood" mean, anyway?

Actually I myself don't know what Bollywood means. I guess the "wood" comes from Hollywood and "Bolly" is from Bombay(the film capital of India) as that's where all the Indian film stars stay near a beach called Juhu (Its like Beverly hills in Florida and the only pollution free area in Mumbai).

Akshay

Forum List

Back