"Queen's Gambit"

It really is refreshing where so much being offered is total crap these days. I'm confident this series did the novel a lot of justice. The Handmaid's Tale (on Hulu?) was also very good, but pointlessly dragged on far too long.

I don't read fiction anymore but I have always found that movies were never quite as good.

It really is refreshing where so much being offered is total crap these days. I'm confident this series did the novel a lot of justice. The Handmaid's Tale (on Hulu?) was also very good, but pointlessly dragged on far too long.
Totally agree... we really liked it the first few seasons... but found ourselves drifting away from it... and never finished the series.

Finished the series last night.
Like the OP said... who would think a series based on chess would be interesting. But it is.
... not to mention in the last 3 episodes Anya Taylor is very easy on the eyes.

He has excellent taste.

giphy.gif

I went into this series with low expectations. From what I understood about it, which wasn't much, it did not sound like my kind of thing.

Boy, was I wrong!

Everything about this mini series is terrific. The casting, the sets, the lighting, the script, the acting. All top drawer.

I cannot recommend this show highly enough.

I went into this series with low expectations. From what I understood about it, which wasn't much, it did not sound like my kind of thing.

Boy, was I wrong!

Everything about this mini series is terrific. The casting, the sets, the lighting, the script, the acting. All top drawer.

I cannot recommend this show highly enough.
Surprised me just as much... I mean.. a series about a chess player, how good could it be?
Great show

I don't do reviews, but just finished watching this rather short series on Netflix and found it marvelous throughout.
Five Stars with zero hesitation. For a chess player film no less. Amazing.

One of the best series on Netflix. Fine acting by real actors with good direction and a good story is a winner. CGI, star power, and hype are not needed.

Surprised me just as much... I mean.. a series about a chess player, how good could it be?
Great show
Subject is not that important. If you have a good story, a good script, good actors, and a good director, you can make a good film on just about any subject.

Take The Maid, another good series on Netflix. I couldn't believe I watched and loved this series about a woman breaking up with her husband and going to work as a maid.

Subject is not that important. If you have a good story, a good script, good actors, and a good director, you can make a good film on just about any subject.

Take The Maid, another good series on Netflix. I couldn't believe I watched and loved this series about a woman breaking up with her husband and going to work as a maid.
Haven't seen that... I'll have t check it out

Forum List

Back