Que?

What is this...and how do we go about getting TIDY CATS® to sponsor the sandbox?

I noticed this last night. Looks like if you join up and give them some feedback you will be eligible to win something? Free tuition to the on-line school? Or maybe just a subscription to the newsletter? It said something about tuition, then it mentioned a "free ride" although it wasn't clear to me what that meant.

valerie...the tutition goes to one of the 12 law students working on the pdf emails..that explain congressional cases and actions in laymens terms...so basically sweetly you are paying them to say you are too fucking stupid to do the research on your own and must be spoon feed your information...add to that the cost of 78 bucks a year....i wish them luck but i dont think it will fly...they are playing the numbers however....if they can get one of every thousand to sign up...well it could be a profitable adventure.

valerie...the tutition goes to one of the 12 law students working on the pdf emails..that explain congressional cases and actions in laymens terms...so basically sweetly you are paying them to say you are too fucking stupid to do the research on your own and must be spoon feed your information...add to that the cost of 78 bucks a year....i wish them luck but i dont think it will fly...they are playing the numbers however....if they can get one of every thousand to sign up...well it could be a profitable adventure.

Thanks, I skimmed it last night and couldn't remember. They might have convinced me, if they offered a prize of free tuition to law school! :lol:

Yeesh that's one helluva way to describe it :(

Do you think the concept is pointless, or is it the price that is too much of a deterrent? I'd rather everyone be honest then nice, so don't worry about hurting my feelings...

Yeesh that's one helluva way to describe it :(
Do you think the concept is pointless, or is it the price that is too much of a deterrent? I'd rather everyone be honest then nice, so don't worry about hurting my feelings...

no i do not think the concept is pointless but lets call it what it is...spoon feeding of facts...even at your web page you admit the reviews or whatever can be done in several different manners....i think you have too many other free resources available on the net...and i find that when a person begins getting too much "info" from one place...ie...freepers on free republic ...they get real narrow minded...you are basically offering a service...one that at this time...many people cant afford....i think the whole idea is ingenius..the free tutition to the winner...etc...so you may have a lot of family members signing up...but again you are playing the numbers...you just got to get out there and advertise...now do i think a board of ego manics who know ever fucking thing is the place to start? nope...i would hit younger boards with more college students etc..this would have appeal more to people in school dealing with these issues...in class....

i am sorry i didnt dress it up for ya..with the words...i dont....and btw i hate them fucking frowny faces, what kinda of adult uses them when addressing their business interests? how fucking seriously do you expect me to take you with that bullshit?

no i do not think the concept is pointless but lets call it what it is...spoon feeding of facts...even at your web page you admit the reviews or whatever can be done in several different manners....i think you have too many other free resources available on the net...and i find that when a person begins getting too much "info" from one place...ie...freepers on free republic ...they get real narrow minded...you are basically offering a service...one that at this time...many people cant afford....i think the whole idea is ingenius..the free tutition to the winner...etc...so you may have a lot of family members signing up...but again you are playing the numbers...you just got to get out there and advertise...now do i think a board of ego manics who know ever fucking thing is the place to start? nope...i would hit younger boards with more college students etc..this would have appeal more to people in school dealing with these issues...in class....

i am sorry i didnt dress it up for ya..with the words...i dont....and btw i hate them fucking frowny faces, what kinda of adult uses them when addressing their business interests? how fucking seriously do you expect me to take you with that bullshit?

Insults aside, thanks for the advice. We figured our focus should be focusing to 1) Law School students and administration and 2) people with deep interest in politics, but you addressed what a couple of us have suggested, being that we should market more to less "politically-educated" people as well.

o dont be insulted...i think its a good solid idea..and like the concept of the one student getting free tutition....and i do appreciate you sponsoring this board...i would hit the journals...i could easily see this appealing to poly sc majors and minors etc...most of the social sciences...law students...but give me feedback on how you are doing...what price would i pay for the service...hmmm..i got to admit i prefer published materials..yes i am older than dirt...to email...i wouldnt pay much 10 to 15 for an emailed service..cause quite honestly....i doubt i would use it..or read it...being that i prefer something published and i simply hate printers...(they are my sworn enemy to the point i am not allowed to use my friends or the ones at work) i think the product will appeal to more the under 35 group...i would even suggest a preview thing...maybe the one of the first 4 issues covered in the first email...for free...hold that carrot out there...take the best of your first issue and put it out there....give people a chance to preview what they are buying cause right now you are holding out a pig in a poke.

o and on the charity donation thing....nice touch...but here is your problem....you are giving people a choice..why not do it this way...each month is connected to a selected charity...now how do you select the said charity..easy...the charities that give the most money or use the most of the dollar for their cause and dont spend it all on the management..that cut and dryed...take the partisan ship out of it...and it will appeal to the fairest of most people..now you can in essence partner up with these charities and get in their newsletters etc...

the referral thing only works is you have a lot of friends...remember you are playing the numbers...and that includes people referring their friends...the refer friends and get it free kinda reeks of a ponzi scam...

i am sure when someone figured out the slinky...someone else was going...no one will pay for that....

so dont be discouraged...go for it...and again good luck...i may be critical but that does not mean i do not wish you well in all you do

Last edited:
hmm i am reading goldmine...a mag for collectors of record and cd's and rock and roll stuff...i notice the full rate is 178 bucks a year...reduced to 28 bucks a year...i wouldnt spend either on it....

Personally.. as they would probably tell you on Dragon's Den... "I'm Out"

I think the idea of what you are trying to do is fine.. but you have every Tom, Dick, and Harry out on the net spoonfeeding analysis to others anyway.. some are brilliant, some are average joes, some may be law students, some may be trolls.. but if you know how to search, you can find things broken down for you.. an dif you have half a brain, you can gain materials and break something down yourself if you really have interest... a person with a genuine interest will do such a thing.. a person with a passing interest, generally is not going to have a huge interest in forking over $$$, even if it does have a dangling carrot about charity or tuition paying or whatever

Any law student that uses this service doesn't deserve to graduate. The point of research is critical thought. If you take that out of the equation, then law school is nothing more than 3 years of beer drinking followed by failing a bar exam that will be impossible without the development of that thought process.

I don't think will fly, but hey, you never know.

Forum List

Back