Q: What food defines American culture?

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Aside from the Thanksgiving tradition of roasted turkey, brown gravy, dressing, green beans, and cranberry sauce, each region has its own distinctly popular foods. In the south, it’s mashed potatoes, cornbread, fried oysters, and steak.

In the Northeast, it’s clam chowder and boiled crabs. In the West, it’s vegetarian food and burgers.

In the Midwest, it’s lake trout and cheese.

Comments would be welcome. :p

Steamed Maryland blue crabs with fried chicken and corn on the cob.

Aside from the Thanksgiving tradition of roasted turkey, brown gravy, dressing, green beans, and cranberry sauce, each region has its own distinctly popular foods. In the south, it’s mashed potatoes, cornbread, fried oysters, and steak.

In the Northeast, it’s clam chowder and boiled crabs. In the West, it’s vegetarian food and burgers.

The French will usually say pancakes or burgers

• Banned

I‘ve seen queues stretching around blocks in DC, for those crabs. On sale from street vehicles.

• Banned

You mean crepes?

You mean crepes?
Nope
They love American pancakes more then they secretly love cheeseburgers

• Banned

You mean crepes?
Nope
They love American pancakes more then they secretly love cheeseburgers

I like them too.

IHOP. :yes_text12:

I'd say that is dependent on how you define Midwest, or at least what part of the Midwest you're in. Here in Indiana, it's pork tenderloin sandwiches, corn on the cob (sweet corn of course), and persimmon pudding.

I'd say that is dependent on how you define Midwest, or at least what part of the Midwest you're in. Here in Indiana, it's pork tenderloin sandwiches, corn on the cob (sweet corn of course), and persimmon pudding.

I’ve not been to the Mid West......yet.

I want to do a road trip there.

It's nice. The middle of fall is the best time of year for a visit. The rest of the year it's either bone chillingly cold or oppressively hot or both.

It's nice. The middle of fall is the best time of year for a visit. The rest of the year it's either bone chillingly cold or oppressively hot or both.

I want to meet the people too.

Here's a handy guide for that.

7ec9611818dd9cb5063fdf2e27b6e929.jpg

Here's a handy guide for that.

View attachment 344312

I think “Ozark” peeked my interest.

Crab cakes, Old Bay on everything and Natty Boh

In the Midwest, I grew up eating meat and potatoes. In the South where I live, it's bar-b-cue.

In any case, I like to watch my dogs eating peanut butter so they're too busy to beg at the table.

Forum List

Back