Q and A about Democracy

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
Q. What is the difference between a dictatorship and a democracy?

A. In a dictatorship a dictator uses his power to take away your rights while in a democracy people do the same thing through the voting process.

What nation do you know that has a true Democracy??

the voting helps to hedge your chances and the terms common in democracies limit the duration of tyranny.

A. In a dictatorship a dictator uses his power to take away your rights while in a democracy people do the same thing through the voting process.

What you are saying makes no sense.

Did your mother drop you on your head?

• Banned

I just don't know the difference between a dictator who takes away your rights and a democratic body that does the same thing. The end result is the same thing.

I just don't know the difference between a dictator who takes away your rights and a democratic body that does the same thing. The end result is the same thing.

What country would give you more rights?

Neither... as a dictatorship is at the whim of a dictator and a democracy can have 50.00001% vote to strip the rights of the other 49.99999%

I can arrange some travel for you to teach you the difference if you think it would help.

Neither... as a dictatorship is at the whim of a dictator and a democracy can have 50.00001% vote to strip the rights of the other 49.99999%
i challenge the parity argument ddave. even given a direct democracy, couldnt the will of the majority represent the interests of more of the governed than the will of the dictator's interest alone?

wouldnt there be intervals or terms which the voting would take place such that if the majority's views were errant, they could consider different leadership? wouldnt the idea that leadership was chosen and is beholden to the people's will through the need to sustain mandate create a different environment than one which was absolute and not systematically challenged?

keep it real.

Last edited:

i challenge the parity argument ddave. even given a direct democracy, couldnt the will of the majority represent the interests of more of the governed than the will of the dictator's interest alone?

not inherently....

Just as a dictator is not inherently going to do something bad to his people every time... it is in a dictator's interest to know the line at which those he/she controls will revolt and murder him/her

The will of the majority, just as the will of the individual,, is to put themselves ahead of others... ensure your own well being, sustainability, comfort and wants before hindering yourself for the 'interests of the governed'

wouldnt there be intervals or terms which the voting would take place such that if the majority's views were errant, they could consider different leadership. wouldnt the idea that leadership was chosen and is beholden to the people's will through the need to sustain mandate create a different environment than one which was absolute and not systematically challenged?

keep it real.

You are not talking democracy in your example

not inherently....

Just as a dictator is not inherently going to do something bad to his people every time... it is in a dictator's interest to know the line at which those he/she controls will revolt and murder him/her

The will of the majority, just as the will of the individual,, is to put themselves ahead of others... ensure your own well being, sustainability, comfort and wants before hindering yourself for the 'interests of the governed'
:thup: i'll give you that, that a dictator can be benevolent and a populace tyrannical. notwithstanding: the consent of the governed is facilitated with votes in a democracy. in a dictatorship, that consent is assumed and could only be challenged by uprising. the systematic frailty of dictatorships is what has driven most examples to compensate with a heavy-handed control mechanism, even if to bring about benevolent effects. alternatively, constituents in democracies are able to anticipate the next opportunity to change leadership. witness the minority's 'wait till november' rhetoric here in the states. -- keeps things relatively peaceful.

wouldnt there be intervals or terms which the voting would take place such that if the majority's views were errant, they could consider different leadership. wouldnt the idea that leadership was chosen and is beholden to the people's will through the need to sustain mandate create a different environment than one which was absolute and not systematically challenged?

keep it real.

You are not talking democracy in your example

i'd say i am. to rephrase... that you could be voted out, rather than that your rule is absolute, puts an onus on leadership to do so in a way satisfactory to the populace... even your 49.9999%... so that they could remain in power. if they fail, the next term will see a different regime to attempt the same.

in a dictatorship, the same regime would manage times of popular satisfaction and dissatisfaction with their military might.

Q. What is the difference between a democracy and a constitutional republic such as we have in the USA?

A. The Majority Unlimited, in a Democracy, lacking any legal safeguard of the rights of The Individual and The Minority. The Majority Limited, in a Republic under a written Constitution safeguarding the rights of The Individual and The Minority

So now some of you fucktards want Anarchy since Obama is in office. Ridiculous.

For the most part, all rights come from law and law is the codified will of the majority. The People give and the People take away as they please.

Forum List

Back