Putins plan

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
There are reports he expected a fast victory in a matter of days even hours. Why would he think that? Is he a fool? it took the American army three weeks to reach Baghdad. What would make Putin think Iraq is any stronger than Ukraine or his army is that much better than Americas? It doesn't seem right he would expect such a quick victory.

Last edited:
There are reports he expected a fast victory in a matter of days even hours. Why would he think that? Is he a fool? it took the American army three weeks to reach Baghdad. What would make Putin think Iraq is any stronger than Ukraine or his army is that much better than Americas? It doesn't seem right he would expect such a quick victory.

I think Putin underestimated the Ukrainians' resolve to fight and resist, even as outmanned and outgunned as they are. He may also have underestimated the Ukraine president, who is not backing down and not running for his life either. Plus, I think he also may have underestimated the blowback from the rest of the world, maybe he thought it would be over so fast and the recriminations would die down. And he overestimated the abilities of his own military, apparently.

I'm responding because I'm pretty sure that the OP is going to ask me sooner or later, but so far I haven't heard anything about it.

There are reports he expected a fast victory in a matter of days even hours. Why would he think that? Is he a fool?

I think Putin is no fool, but he probably did listen to and believe his generals that told him his army was invincible against the Ukrainians.

Those reports are most likely nothing but propaganda.

If folks haven’t learned by now, everything we are being fed by the MSM is the opposite of what’s actually going.
Dunno man. Seems like the reports last week that Russia was on the verge of invading we’re pretty spot on.

I don't think that's his plan. He will wear them down little by little. Even if it takes years. He knows time is on Russia's side.

Last edited:
That is what I think as well.
First off, let's all get on the side of peace being possible!

Russia won't dally with a long drawn out war. Putin and his army will make it fast and furious, by coming to the realization that a response in kind is necessary.

The US destruction of Baghdad will serve as an example.

The ramifications of a result of that are hard to predict?

First off, let's all get on the side of peace being possible!

Russia won't dally with a long drawn out war. Putin and his army will make it fast and furious, by coming to the realization that a response in kind is necessary.

The US destruction of Baghdad will serve as an example.

The ramifications of a result of that are hard to predict?
Yes it is hard to predict.

If folks haven’t learned by now, everything we are being fed by the MSM is the opposite of what’s actually going.

Hell the msm was showing footage of the war that turned out to be video game footage because they saw it on someone's social media.

They aren't worth a shit for being accurate or even reporting the truth.

Maybe Putin has parkinson's. Putting your faith in unpredictable despot's never works out in the long run, as Russia is finding out.

What amazes me is that so many folks unquestionably fall for the same shit over and over again!!

Forum List

Back