Putin on U.S. Vote: Obama 'Genuine,' Romney 'Mistaken'

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
MOSCOW—Russian President Vladimir Putin said the re-election of President Barack Obama could improve relations with the U.S., but that he was also prepared to work with Mitt Romney, calling the Republican candidate's tough stance on Russia "pre-election rhetoric."

In contrast to what had been viewed as a chilly attitude toward Mr. Obama, Mr. Putin called his U.S. counterpart "a genuine person" who "really wants to change much for the better." Speaking to Russia's state-run RT television channel, he said a second Obama term could help solve disputes over missile defense.

The comments will likely be seized on by the Romney campaign, which in recent months has sharply criticized Mr. Obama's so-called reset of relations with the Kremlin and pushed a harder line.

Relations with Russia first heated up the campaign in March, when Mr. Obama was inadvertently caught on an open microphone telling Mr. Putin's predecessor, Dmitry Medvedev, that he would have "more flexibility" after the election to address Russia's concerns over the proposed U.S. antimissile shield in Europe.

The U.S. says the defense system is designed to protect against a possible missile attack from Iran, but Moscow says the interceptors could neuter Russia's nuclear arsenal.

Republicans denounced Mr. Obama's comments as a sign of weakness; Mr. Romney said Russia was America's "No. 1 geopolitical foe." Mr. Putin said such talk was "mistaken" electioneering, adding he was prepared to work with whomever Americans elect. He warned, however, that a Romney victory could complicate attempts to resolve Russia's opposition to the shield.

"Our American partners tell us, 'It's not [aimed] against you.' But what if the president of the United States will be Mr. Romney, who considers us enemy No. 1?" he told RT in the interview, recorded Monday and broadcast Thursday.

Putin Weighs In On 'Genuine' Obama, 'Mistaken' Romney - WSJ.com

Putin refuses to release his tax returns because he's been claiming the Democrat Party as a dependent ever since the Reagan brought down the Berlin Wall

Just what Obama needs. Now, if only the Iranians endorse him, it will be complete.

Of course, China backing Rmoney might balance things.

And yet 20 years later, Reagan's role in bringing about the fall of the Berlin Wall and the peaceful end of the Cold War remains exaggerated, manipulated and misunderstood. To many of his conservative admirers, the challenge to Gorbachev in Berlin epitomized the toughness that made Reagan great: by refusing to compromise his core principles, he defeated communism and won the Cold War. But the truth is that Reagan was more adaptable, politically shrewd and open to compromise than either his champions or his critics prefer to admit. He may have called the Soviet Union an "evil empire," but he was not above negotiating with it. While others saw the enmity between the superpowers as immutable, he insisted that change was possible. And though today he is revered by foreign policy hawks, Reagan's greatest successes were achieved not through the use of force but by persuasion, dialogue and diplomacy.

Read more: Why the Berlin Wall Came Down: Reagan's Role, Diplomacy - TIME

It never ceases to amaze me how little Romney supporters understand about the topics they post about and how they seem to not research anything, just reprint rightwing bat shit crazy propaganda for the 'Scare the Stupid' campaign.

Putin knows he can push Obama round easier than Romney. What he doesn't understand is that both candidates would do the same things from 2012-2016. (Whatever their handlers tell them to do)

Why the Berlin Wall came down

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYdjbpBk6A]Reagan at Brandenburg Gate - "tear down this wall" - YouTube[/ame]

That's how fucking horrible Progressives ideas are once fully implemented, they have to build a wall to keep the talented, living, thinking people from fleeing

For good or bad; Putin is a great leader and puts his people and nation first.

I only wish we had a man like him in the White House to lead the American people. :cool:

I only wish we had a man like him in the White House to lead the American people. :cool:

Real Americans do not need something like Putin.

Putin knows he can push Obama round easier than Romney. What he doesn't understand is that both candidates would do the same things from 2012-2016. (Whatever their handlers tell them to do)

Obama doesn't get pushed around by anyone. Romney would be lead by the nose by the neocons.

Putin can suck my ass.
NOT ONCE has this cocksucker offered assistance with anything US-related.
All we get are photos of this asshole without a shirt on.

Remember the KURSK?
I sure as fuck do.

And I grieve for those men and their families - while this assfuck (Putin) was on vacation.

Sound familiar?

Exactly my thoughts. If he put the interests of other nations before the interests of his own he would be a piss poor leader just like obama. Which is why he thinks obama makes a good president. obama offers flexibility to Putin. Romney may not be so accommodating. And, of course Putin offers no flexibility to obama.

Forum List

Back