Putin offers Japan a peace treaty

Putin expressed his wish to implement a WWII peace treaty with Japan this year.

Putin wants a peace treaty with Japan 'before the end of this year'
Sooooo, what does Putin really want out of this......... Russians don't take a dump without a plan so why now, what's the real reason behind this?
Don´t play the naive guy. It is obvious that Russia wants to politically neutralize Japan.
Not being naive and that's the obvious answer but I doubt it's the whole reason.
Then don´t pretend and of course Russia seeks more trade options.
Another obvious answer..... Duh......
Why post such questions then?

Sooooo, what does Putin really want out of this......... Russians don't take a dump without a plan so why now, what's the real reason behind this?
Don´t play the naive guy. It is obvious that Russia wants to politically neutralize Japan.
Not being naive and that's the obvious answer but I doubt it's the whole reason.
Musings, simply musings...... Not to mention the addeded troll dig opportunity at the OP....... :eusa_whistle:

Musings, simply musings...... Not to mention the addeded troll dig opportunity at the OP....... :eusa_whistle:
Meditate over it.

Meditate over it.
Ooooommmm. Ooooommmm. Oooooommmm.

(Nobody ever tells ya how uncomfortable this damn yoga position is.)

Meditate over it.
Ooooommmm. Ooooommmm. Oooooommmm.

(Nobody ever tells ya how uncomfortable this damn yoga position is.)
Fortunately, they don´t notice.

`
The only reason Stalin declared war against Japan was for territory.
`
:04:
Stalin declared war on Japan at the request of Roosevelt and Churchill at the Yalta Conference. The war was fought in Manchuria and the islands. The USSR defeated the imperial Kwantung army numbering 700 thousand people.
Nevertheless, not a single territory was annexed to the USSR. The USSR returned half of the island of Sakhalin, annexed by Japan in 1905 and several islands. Now the dispute is about these islands.

It is obvious that Russia wants to politically neutralize Japan.
How can Russia "neutralize" Japan if Japan, in fact, is a country occupied by the United States?
Half of the Japanese are sure that it was the USSR that dropped the atomic bomb, but not the US.

Last edited:
Stalin declared war on Japan at the request of Roosevelt and Churchill at the Yalta Conference. The war was fought in Manchuria and the islands. The USSR defeated the imperial Kwantung army numbering 700 thousand people. Nevertheless, not a single territory was annexed to the USSR. The USSR returned half of the island of Sakhalin, annexed by Japan in 1905 and several islands. Now the dispute is about these islands..
`
The Soviet treaty of neutrality with Japan, like its earlier pact with Nazi Germany in August 1939, had never been thought of by either party as anything more than a mutually convenient but strictly temporary arrangement. For the Soviets, it allowed their forces to concentrate against Adolf Hitler’s 1941 invasion; at the same time, it freed Japan, after a very unsuccessful test of arms against the Soviets in Khalkin Gol, to focus its efforts on conquering China and fighting the Western powers in the Pacific.

During the Potsdam Conference in May 1945, however, Josef Stalin pledged to commit his forces to the Allied cause in the Pacific three months after Germany surrendered. After secretly transporting much of its army across the vast length of Siberia, the Soviet Union broke relations with Japan, declared war and plunged into Manchuria on August 9—right on schedule. By September some Soviet forces had made some landings in the Kurile Islands, but their relative inexperience in amphibious warfare, combined with the usual spirited Japanese resistance, limited their progress before all armed forces stood down.

Behind his promise to the Allies, of course, Stalin had hoped to make some inroads into the Far East and got what he wanted—among other things, payback by retaking Port Arthur and the establishment of a pro-Soviet regime in North Korea, though the spread of communism into China did not turn out quite the way he would have preferred.

After seeing what the soviets were doing in Europe, the US was in a hurry to capitulate Japan into surrender thus negating any need for soviet intervention.
`

Stalin declared war on Japan at the request of Roosevelt and Churchill at the Yalta Conference. The war was fought in Manchuria and the islands. The USSR defeated the imperial Kwantung army numbering 700 thousand people. Nevertheless, not a single territory was annexed to the USSR. The USSR returned half of the island of Sakhalin, annexed by Japan in 1905 and several islands. Now the dispute is about these islands..
`
The Soviet treaty of neutrality with Japan, like its earlier pact with Nazi Germany in August 1939, had never been thought of by either party as anything more than a mutually convenient but strictly temporary arrangement. For the Soviets, it allowed their forces to concentrate against Adolf Hitler’s 1941 invasion; at the same time, it freed Japan, after a very unsuccessful test of arms against the Soviets in Khalkin Gol, to focus its efforts on conquering China and fighting the Western powers in the Pacific.

During the Potsdam Conference in May 1945, however, Josef Stalin pledged to commit his forces to the Allied cause in the Pacific three months after Germany surrendered. After secretly transporting much of its army across the vast length of Siberia, the Soviet Union broke relations with Japan, declared war and plunged into Manchuria on August 9—right on schedule. By September some Soviet forces had made some landings in the Kurile Islands, but their relative inexperience in amphibious warfare, combined with the usual spirited Japanese resistance, limited their progress before all armed forces stood down.

Behind his promise to the Allies, of course, Stalin had hoped to make some inroads into the Far East and got what he wanted—among other things, payback by retaking Port Arthur and the establishment of a pro-Soviet regime in North Korea, though the spread of communism into China did not turn out quite the way he would have preferred.

After seeing what the soviets were doing in Europe, the US was in a hurry to capitulate Japan into surrender thus negating any need for soviet intervention.
`
It is immediately evident that this is found on the Internet. And the "American segment of the Internet":04::04:
Nothing is said about the operation in Manchuria.
I'll give you advice: type in google the phrase: "the Kwantung Army "and you will learn a lot of interesting ..

It is immediately evident that this is found on the Internet. And the "American segment of the Internet Nothing is said about the operation in Manchuria.
I'll give you advice: type in google the phrase: "the Kwantung Army "and you will learn a lot of interesting ..
`
BFD. History is replete lies and cover-ups. Believe in whatever turns your crank. You haven't refuted anything, that's for sure. I'll stick with what I posted.
`

It is immediately evident that this is found on the Internet. And the "American segment of the Internet Nothing is said about the operation in Manchuria.
`
BFD. History is replete lies and cover-ups. Believe in whatever turns your crank. You haven't refuted anything, that's for sure. I'll stick with what I posted.
`

I do not reply to your text for a simple reason:
This is a primitive American journalistic propaganda, which you got from the Internet.
I have one question:
I want to create a new topic and paste in the text that you wrote. I will tell you how this propaganda works.
Can I insert your text and give it a link?

Besides.
You do not know either the decisions of the Yalta Conference or the Postdams, so you confuse them. You do not know the 2 nd World War. Please do not argue with me.

Russia has still never gotten over its humiliation in the Russo-Japanese War. They continue to cling to stolen territory for just that reason.

Who told you that?

I do not like the Japanese, since they had a detachment of 731
As for the "Russian-Japanese War of 1905", when Japan annexed the Russian territories, I can assure you that in modern Russia it is not interesting.
The Russians believe that Emperor Nicholas II was a complete jerk, as he lost all wars and brought the Empire to the Revolution
References about the misconceptions of the Japanese about nuclear bombing, I'll give when the Moderation Forum will allow you to insert Russian links, okay?

Do you recognize that the USSR defeated a 1.3-1.5 millionth Kwantung Army?

Last edited:
Half of the Japanese are sure that it was the USSR that dropped the atomic bomb, but not the US.

Who told you that?
A google search showed PravdaReport denying that assertion. I think it can be ignored as a product of propaganda.

There is such a statistics: 25 per cent of young Japanese people believe that the bombings were carried out by the USSR, and not the USA. Is it really so?

''There are not many fools among the Japanese. Not 25 per cent. It is a well-educated nation. The education is superb there. Japanese schoolchildren are told about who, how, and when bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki from the early years. I did not meet a Japanese who would claim that the Russians are guilty. On the contrary, they sympathized with us in the Chernobyl tragedy, as well as we did over the tragedy in Fukushima.''
http://www.pravdareport.com

Last edited:
References about the misconceptions of the Japanese about nuclear bombing, I'll give when the Moderation Forum will allow you to insert Russian links, okay?
You can paste or type them leaving off the www or http so they won't be active. Feel free.

You can paste or type them leaving off the www or http so they won't be active. Feel free.
Can you suggest that I color my slippers in a different color?
About 1 year ago, there were no problems with the translation.

Who told you that?
A google search showed PravdaReport denying that assertion. I think it can be ignored as a product of propaganda.

There is such a statistics: 25 per cent of young Japanese people believe that the bombings were carried out by the USSR, and not the USA. Is it really so?

''There are not many fools among the Japanese. Not 25 per cent. It is a well-educated nation. The education is superb there. Japanese schoolchildren are told about who, how, and when bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki from the early years. I did not meet a Japanese who would claim that the Russians are guilty. On the contrary, they sympathized with us in the Chernobyl tragedy, as well as we did over the tragedy in Fukushima.''
http://www.pravdareport.com
This was said by the Japanese Deputy Prefecture .... uh, I do not remember which year, I can look ...
But the newspaper "Pravda" does not exist very long ago ..
Therefore, there is no propaganda.
:04:

Who told you that?

I do not like the Japanese, since they had a detachment of 731
As for the "Russian-Japanese War of 1905", when Japan annexed the Russian territories, I can assure you that in modern Russia it is not interesting.
The Russians believe that Emperor Nicholas II was a complete jerk, as he lost all wars and brought the Empire to the Revolution

Do you recognize that the USSR defeated a 1.3-1.5 millionth Kwantung Army?

An army that had been in the field against a vast enemy for years, while their homeland and navy had been destroyed by the Americans?

I'm not familiar with the campaign, but that accomplishment does not sound very impressive, relative to the annals of military history.

New Topics

Forum List

Back