Punish family and friends who interfere with your right to believe or not believe

Do you have right to pester adult family members about their belief or lack of it

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Hunt them down

• Whut?

• Scores of thousands and thousands of emails

• Total voters

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
This has been moved, rightfully so, to the religion and ethics forum.

Yesterday in Adult Sunday School, a woman told us about her sister and husband who go to church on Wednesday nights because the people they live with work and don't know about it. If they go to church on Sunday, the people who are antiGodists get on them severely.

My family members have been on notice for years to not interfere with us or others in the family on these matters.

Do not interfere with the right of family members to believe or not to believe when they are of age.

If they do, there is no contact, there is no birthday or Christmas or other gifts, there is no vacation, there is nothing in the will. Three, one antiGodist and two religious freeks, are infuriated. Tough.

I know members of the LDS and Catholic churches who have done their wills to leave all to the churches rather than family members who pester them about their faith beliefs.

Excellent.

Last edited:
thats really fucked up so your saying if i don't allow you to believe whatever nonsense you want without criticism, than i cant see my grandchild, or my nephew neices cousins etc.

No version of the Christian bible supports passing judgement, but we are living in a world dominated by fake Christians anyhow.

• Banned
thats really fucked up so your saying if i don't allow you to believe whatever nonsense you want without criticism, than i cant see my grandchild, or my nephew neices cousins etc.
See, you are justifying your behavior. I said "don't interfere." You don't like it, sux to be you. But, y es, you get it. You can see them when they are adults. Discussion is one thing, but if you keep going when I say "stop", that's on you. ps: we can put your share of the inheritance to the SPCA

Educate yourself on theology so you can immediately cut down those that condemn you, by exposing their lack of understanding in their own beliefs.

"Oh, so God is anthropomorphic you say?"

• Banned
Educate yourself on theology so you can immediately cut down those that condemn you, by exposing their lack of understanding in their own beliefs. "Oh, so God is anthropomorphic you say?"
I will say, "Mind your business, my friend."

Indeed and by horrendous antigodists.

Humans have a tendency to confuse spiritualism with religion.

Even Jesus seemed to be pointing the obvious out. God is the goodness in men, or did you not get the memo?

This is a "smoke screen" post so jake can appear to have morals.

See, you are justifying your behavior. I said "don't interfere." You don't like it, sux to be you. But, y es, you get it. You can see them when they are adults. Discussion is one thing, but if you keep going when I say "stop", that's on you. ps: we can put your share of the inheritance to the SPCA
you can cut yourself off and become a monk and go live in a monastery in the woods for all i care but your kids are not your private property, What would you do if your kids grew up to have different beliefs than you? and refused to let you near your grandkids until you accepted Lord qeutzacotl into your heart?

Why do you believe it is your right to call anyone's beliefs "nonsense"? Personally, I think people's beliefs should be not only respected but given a wide berth. My only objection is when people try to make others live in accordance with their beliefs. But in their homes, within their families, why would it be anyone's place to criticize them?

Parents should not attempt to brainwash their kids. Period.

It is okay to be honest about what you believe and pass on a few lessons in appropriate situations, but I have seen boatloads of these parents that indoctrinate their kids into being fanatics from a very young age. Primarily in regards to racism and politics, but religion is a big one too.

you can cut yourself off and become a monk and go live in a monastery in the woods for all i care but your kids are not your private property, What would you do if your kids grew up to have different beliefs than you? and refused to let you near your grandkids until you accepted Lord qeutzacotl into your heart?
My children have every right to grow up and have different beliefs than me.

You don't get to interfere is the point when they are young.

Public school is fair stuff as long as the teachers are teaching and not indoctrinating.

But if your family goes to church or not, and you don't like it, and they tell you to stop and you don't, that's on you, not them.

Yesterday in Adult Sunday School, a woman told us about her sister and husband who go to church on Wednesday nights because the people they live with work and don't know about it. If they go to church on Sunday, the people who are antiGodists get on them severely.

My family members have been on notice for years to not interfere with us or others in the family on these matters.

Do not interfere with the right of family members to believe or not to believe when they are of age.

If they do, there is no contact, there is no birthday or Christmas or other gifts, there is no vacation, there is nothing in the will. Three, one antiGodist and two religious freeks, are infuriated. Tough.

I know members of the LDS and Catholic churches who have done their wills to leave all to the churches rather than family members who pester them about their faith beliefs.

Excellent.
The motive for a believer to pester a nonbeliever is clear - they believe their eternal salvation is at stake.
What is the motivation for a nonbeliever to pester a believer? Demonic is my only answer.

Forum List

Back