Puerto Rico Statehood.

The Democrats will give Puerto Rico statehood and have permanent control of the government forever.
"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely"
They have gotten away with their Russian Collusion scandal, their baseless impeachment scandal, and probably with their Mass Voter Fraud scandal and their Censorship scandal.
Expect more of the same.
One Party countries always devolve into dystopian misery.....aka Biden's "dark winter"

Puerto Rico votes in favor of statehood. But what does it mean for the island? - ABC News (go.com)

Doubutful.

But certainly DC and PR (and the other outlying areas) should have statehood....

Its crazy that we have citizens who are not considered citizens of a state.

Take the outlying areas and have them become parts of the current 50 states. Take the 3 electors from DC and get rid of them. DC residents become residents of Maryland (or VA--whichever). Its silly to have an even number of electors as well.

It's not crazy

DC is inside virginia....You can't have a state within a state without the bigger states approval.

Puerto Ricans have never voted in a binary vote for statehood. It is not clear a majority of people on the island support statehood......Merely respecting the democratic process. If Yes would win in a binary vote on statehood republicans could not prevent them. THey'd have to allow them in, as it stands ricans don't vote for statehood and that's why they're not a state

Maybe do some fucking research my god....

What is with all these retards on the left thinking PR want to become a state....? Wishful thinking not backed up by PR voters. I hear this all the time triggers me each time. THe anti racist party not listening to the Brown Ricans when they say they don't want to be a state. lol

You didn't seem to read what I wrote. Maybe do some fucking research.

You said a people who don't want statehood should have it

I did you ignorant ****

Shut up retards, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Just because a talking head told you Ricans want statehood doesn't make it true. Been plenty of votes on the issue. Ricans clearly do not want statehood

DC wants statehood if you believe the polls:

View attachment 422576

Yea now show me virginia's numbers

There are two relevant voting populaces

Virginia and DC

You can't make a state within a state without the larger states approval. I told you that.

Now maybe Virginia supports DC statehood, IDK. But that's the relevant question here. I have no doubt people living in DC want statehood.

Again, you didn't read what I wrote...feel free to do some fucking research...

I am reading what you said

You didn't include relevant information..../

DC needs virginia's approval, they have a democratic process as well. lol

Nah... It needs an amendment. It won't get it.

You don't need an amendment to make a portion of D.C. a state.
Really? I thought you did.

The District of Columbia would still need to exist however the size and location are not coded into the 23rd amendment. My understanding is that it's just required that DC have the same number of electoral votes as the smallest state. So, you simply just for lack of a better saying redistrict the district. So that DC only takes up the federal buildings and the mall. The rest of DC would make up the new state. Then we would have the new state with a full set of representatives, senators and electoral college votes (probably still 3, maybe 4). DC and what's left of it would still retain it's 3 electoral college votes and at this time pretty much the only citizens of DC would be the president and his/her family and maybe some staff. It's at this point that it might be pretty easy to amend the Constitution to strip the electoral college votes from the smaller District of Columbia.

Democrats if/when it's possible should take this route. Fix the issue with lack of representation for the citizens of DC and then solve the constitutional issues that will be crated afterward.
You only care about “stacking “ the Senate as you’re a fascist swine

How does that make me a fascist when you are the one who doesn't want your fellow citizens to have equal representation?

Actually I would prefer giving them independence, like they've wanted for decades.
Not sure who "they" are, but the residents of Puerto Rico overwhelmingly want Statehood. So we will just ask them, not you.

They've voted many times, they didn't want statehood. They don't want to pay federal income taxes or give up their olympic teams. Have you ever lived there? I have.

They just voted on it on election day and it statehood won by 5 points.

Of course they did. LMAO Their election was more fucked up than many of the States.

Our elections went pretty good.

As for Puerto Rico it does look like they had problems with some missing ballots but they found them.
"Pretty good" compared with Venezuela? No they weren't.

The Democrats will give Puerto Rico statehood and have permanent control of the government forever.
They have gotten away with their Russian Collusion scandal, their baseless impeachment scandal, and probably with their Mass Voter Fraud scandal and their Censorship scandal.
Expect more of the same.
One Party countries always devolve into dystopian misery.....aka Biden's "dark winter"

Puerto Rico votes in favor of statehood. But what does it mean for the island? - ABC News (go.com)

Doubutful.

But certainly DC and PR (and the other outlying areas) should have statehood....

Take the outlying areas and have them become parts of the current 50 states. Take the 3 electors from DC and get rid of them. DC residents become residents of Maryland (or VA--whichever). Its silly to have an even number of electors as well.

It's not crazy

DC is inside virginia....You can't have a state within a state without the bigger states approval.

Puerto Ricans have never voted in a binary vote for statehood. It is not clear a majority of people on the island support statehood......Merely respecting the democratic process. If Yes would win in a binary vote on statehood republicans could not prevent them. THey'd have to allow them in, as it stands ricans don't vote for statehood and that's why they're not a state

What is with all these retards on the left thinking PR want to become a state....? Wishful thinking not backed up by PR voters. I hear this all the time triggers me each time. THe anti racist party not listening to the Brown Ricans when they say they don't want to be a state. lol

I did you ignorant ****

Just because a talking head told you Ricans want statehood doesn't make it true. Been plenty of votes on the issue. Ricans clearly do not want statehood

View attachment 422576

Virginia and DC

You can't make a state within a state without the larger states approval. I told you that.

Now maybe Virginia supports DC statehood, IDK. But that's the relevant question here. I have no doubt people living in DC want statehood.

I am reading what you said

You didn't include relevant information..../

Nah... It needs an amendment. It won't get it.

You don't need an amendment to make a portion of D.C. a state.
Really? I thought you did.

The District of Columbia would still need to exist however the size and location are not coded into the 23rd amendment. My understanding is that it's just required that DC have the same number of electoral votes as the smallest state. So, you simply just for lack of a better saying redistrict the district. So that DC only takes up the federal buildings and the mall. The rest of DC would make up the new state. Then we would have the new state with a full set of representatives, senators and electoral college votes (probably still 3, maybe 4). DC and what's left of it would still retain it's 3 electoral college votes and at this time pretty much the only citizens of DC would be the president and his/her family and maybe some staff. It's at this point that it might be pretty easy to amend the Constitution to strip the electoral college votes from the smaller District of Columbia.

Democrats if/when it's possible should take this route. Fix the issue with lack of representation for the citizens of DC and then solve the constitutional issues that will be crated afterward.
You only care about “stacking “ the Senate as you’re a fascist swine

How does that make me a fascist when you are the one who doesn't want your fellow citizens to have equal representation?
They have electoral votes and the founders never wanted the federal capital to be within a state

They have electoral votes and the founders never wanted the federal capital to be within a state
But they have no representation in Congress
Then move to Virginia or Maryland !!
You would need a new constitution amendment
The city is mostly black thugs and it would be a tiny terrorist state
Wow. You COULD get a little more racist...but you'd have to try real hard

Expect more of the same.

The Puerto Ricans I knew wanted Independence. Puerto Ricans speak Portuguese similar to Spanish. Vasco de Gama is the hero of Portugal.
Where the hell did you come up with that bullshit? Puerto Ricans speak SPANISH you moron! I have several former Army veterans from there who work for me.

But they have no representation in Congress
Then move to Virginia or Maryland !!
You would need a new constitution amendment
The city is mostly black thugs and it would be a tiny terrorist state
Wow. You COULD get a little more racist...but you'd have to try real hard
Yeah that came out bad and I hope it won’t damage by 2024 run.

Expect more of the same.

The Puerto Ricans I knew wanted Independence. Puerto Ricans speak Portuguese similar to Spanish.
I don't think so. They speak Spanish.
Linguistics and there is a difference.

You are full of shit!

Spanish is the most popular language spoken in Puerto Rico. English and Spanish are the two most widely spoken languages in Puerto Rico, a US territory with a literacy rate of 99%.

.....never should've been a territory --it's just a drain on the US
We should give PR back to Spain
After all the Left claims America stole PR from Spain.
The Racist Democrat AOC calls Americans imperialist.
Let us give her what she wants.
The Spanish American War (1898-1901): American Imperialism: 1898 | SparkNotes
I say give Puerto Rico its indepence. It just costs us several billion whenever a hurricane comes through
Puerto Rico is a Hurricane magnate and has Rosie Road.

That base was closed YEARS ago, dumbass!

Expect more of the same.

Doubutful.

It's not crazy

DC is inside Maryland. Look at a fucking map, idiot!

The Constitution mandates the existence of Washington DC. It can never become a state without a constitutional amendment.
D.C. as mandated in the Constitution therefore includes the land on which the Pentagon exists as well as the City of Arlington and a portion of Alexadria.
The problem is that Alexandria, the Pentagon, and Arlington all lie in a vicious red-light district, and there are cops without a jurisdiction picking guys up.
And the local girls just keep laughing and giggling at high rank military officers.

Expect more of the same.

Doubutful.

It's not crazy

I did you ignorant ****

View attachment 422576

Virginia and DC

I am reading what you said. That is the second time you've said that....Even tho I have perfect reading comprehension....? Literally cannot test higher in the subject

It's not as simple as PR

DC is in Maryland, shit for brains!

Expect more of the same.

Doubutful.

"Its crazy that we have citizens who are not considered citizens of a state." Lots of people work/live abroad.

Sure. But a Texan who lives in Hong Kong still can call themselves a Texan.
People move around too, so maybe from 4 or 5 states and they don't identify with any, really.
You deserve to live in Cuba
With all the Latin honeys?
We do not want to live with what you are promoting. Tell us how all the islands and central America and South America just to start are going to live like most of us in the United States. Tell us...tell us...tell us.. You can not. Why? I have asked multiple times and not one of you Prog shave given me an answer.

Not sure if you're talking about US Territories or not.... when you mention "all the islands and central America and South America". Really, what are you trying to say?

However, when it comes to DC, Puerto Rico and Guam....If you're born there, you are an American citizen.
I am talking about a true standard of living. With the reality of pulling their weight. There is massive evidence of tens of billions of dollars giving to them with many military bases and other advantages with massive corruption and huge money given for utilities such as electricity and water not used for the purposed designed for. Ph uk u and the American citizen crap.

You mean our ONE military base in PR?

Forum List

Back