Public School Forces Kids To Take the Bus Home When Walking Is Safer and Faster

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Cram all the kids into a bus during a pandemic. Only public educators could think that’s a good idea.

Jessie Thompson's kids, ages 9, 10 and 11, would like to walk home together, but James H. Spann Elementary School in Summerville, South Carolina, won't let them leave without an adult.

When Thompson asked if she could sign some sort of waiver, the assistant principal told her: "Students will not be allowed to walk home by themselves." If an adult does not pick them up, the kids must take the bus. The bus ride actually takes longer than the 20 minute walk. Moreover, in the era of COVID-19, walking is arguably safer—and certainly more comfortable.

While other elementary schools in the area allow kids to walk home, Principal Shane Sanford put his foot down and the school district backed him up. In response, Thompson hired an attorney, Ashley Ameika, who wrote the district on October 14, imploring them to reverse course. The school has refused to change its policy.

Cram all the kids into a bus during a pandemic. Only public educators could think that’s a good idea.

Jessie Thompson's kids, ages 9, 10 and 11, would like to walk home together, but James H. Spann Elementary School in Summerville, South Carolina, won't let them leave without an adult.

When Thompson asked if she could sign some sort of waiver, the assistant principal told her: "Students will not be allowed to walk home by themselves." If an adult does not pick them up, the kids must take the bus. The bus ride actually takes longer than the 20 minute walk. Moreover, in the era of COVID-19, walking is arguably safer—and certainly more comfortable.

While other elementary schools in the area allow kids to walk home, Principal Shane Sanford put his foot down and the school district backed him up. In response, Thompson hired an attorney, Ashley Ameika, who wrote the district on October 14, imploring them to reverse course. The school has refused to change its policy.

Did you know schools are responsible for the safety and well-being of their students from the time they leave their front door until they return home? If something happened to those kid, the school would be held responsible. This is just another thing you amateur educators get wrong!

Did you know schools are responsible for the safety and well-being of their students from the time they leave their front door until they return home? If something happened to those kid, the school would be held responsible. This is just another thing you amateur educators get wrong!
OMG HOW DID I SURVIVE HAVING TO WALK TO AND FROM SCHOOL FROM K-12?????

Like I said, only a moronic educator thinks packing kids into a bus during a pandemic against the wishes of parents is a great idea.

Shitforbrains.

I am sure they will come to a decision from the peers on this overly important issue.
No shock you dont think the safety of children is important.
They are safe either way. I did notice they were happy and healthy...
Now you claim to know the mental state and physical health of hundreds of kids in a State you’ve never been before!
What a typical Leftard.
It's one school get a grip..They can look the situation at the next school board meeting.

Like I said, only a moronic educator thinks packing kids into a bus during a pandemic against the wishes of parents is a great idea.

Shitforbrains.

Change the law, dumbass! Change the law!

This must be something new.
I always rode my bike to school as a kid.

Shitforbrains.

It’s not a law. But good Commie thinking the government knows what’s best for children and not their parents.

Shitforbrains.

It’s not a law. But good Commie thinking the government knows what’s best for children and not their parents.

Oh, it's not? I was a teacher and school administrator and YOU are going to tell me what laws I operated under.

The arrogant stupidity you show has no bounds.

My grandsons lived a 1/4 mile from their elementary school, and you could see the rooftop of the school from my back yard. They were not allowed to walk to school. They rode a bus for all of about 30 seconds of travel. Why, do you ask? There were no sidewalks or crossing guards at this school, especially from our direction with three huge neighborhoods, mostly of Army dependents.

Does that seem stupid that they were not allowed to walk? Yes, it would appear stupid if you did not know the back story.

So, if any of the kids re alleged to have been exposed to the #CoronaHoax2020 virus as a result of being forced to take the bus instead of being allowed to walk, I hope that the parents sue the solid digestive waste out of the district.

Forcing the kids to take the bus when they could safely walk home in less time, could be construed as false arrest, as well. Effectively, the kids are being held prisoner against their will, and against that of their parents, while they are compelled to remain on the bus.

So, if any of the kids re alleged to have been exposed to the #CoronaHoax2020 virus as a result of being forced to take the bus instead of being allowed to walk, I hope that the parents sue the solid digestive waste out of the district.

Forcing the kids to take the bus when they could safely walk home in less time, could be construed as false arrest, as well. Effectively, the kids are being held prisoner against their will, and against that of their parents, while they are compelled to remain on the bus.

Oh, STFU! You sound like a liberal with your made up bullshit and fake offense. The kids don't have to attend public school, do they?

Your pathetic ignorance is getting tiresome, as it is with all you educator wannabes!

Oh, STFU! You sound like a liberal with your made up bullshit and fake offense. The kids don't have to attend public school, do they?

Your pathetic ignorance is getting tiresome, as it is with all you educator wannabes!

Spoken like a true, subhuman statist piece of shit.

Nearly every word that you have posted in this thread has been in defense of allowing corrupt government far more power than they have any rational excuse to have; even to the point of unjustifiably holding children prisoner in an unsafe [if you're dumb enough to believe the #CoronaHoax2020] manner.

Spoken like a true, subhuman statist piece of shit.

Nearly every word that you have posted in this thread has been in defense of allowing corrupt government far more power than they have any rational excuse to have; even to the point of unjustifiably holding children prisoner in an unsafe [if you're dumb enough to believe the #CoronaHoax2020] manner.

Hoax, huh? So my friend's wife just up and died of nothing? Your local school board makes those decisions, you ignorant piece of shit! The federal government doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.

My grandsons attend school here. One is unable to attend classes at all because of this hoax you claim exists. He is immunocompromised due to being treated for leukemia. The other was attending classes 3 days a week and two days on-line. Due to your so-called hoax, the cases of kids getting infected exploded to the point they had to shut down the schools much in the same way they did for the flu that last few years. Now, kids are forced to attend class on-line, except for the fact that the infrastructure and bandwidth does not and will not support all of these people working and attending class from home.

Take you so-called hoax and shove it up your ass! Maybe that way you will get some satisfaction.

My grandsons attend school here. One is unable to attend classes at all because of this hoax you claim exists. He is immunocompromised due to being treated for leukemia. The other was attending classes 3 days a week and two days on-line. Due to your so-called hoax, the cases of kids getting infected exploded to the point they had to shut down the schools much in the same way they did for the flu that last few years. Now, kids are forced to attend class on-line, except for the fact that the infrastructure and bandwidth does not and will not support all of these people working and attending class from home.

Take you so-called hoax and shove it up your ass! Maybe that way you will get some satisfaction.

Let us be clear on one vital point, here.

Your grandson is not being prevented from attending school because thee #CoronaHoax2020 virus actually poses a threat to his health.

He is being prevented from attention school because the criminals who infest government have used the #CoronaHoax as an excuse to seize power, to instill fear,m and in this case, to continue to charge you taxes for a service that they are failing to provide.

And you are either unimaginably ignorant, to fall for this scam, or else you are willfully complicit in it. In either case, there is no reason why anyone ought to consider you even the least bit credible on this, or any other subject.

Let us be clear on one vital point, here.

Your grandson is not being prevented from attending school because thee #CoronaHoax2020 virus actually poses a threat to his health.

He is being prevented from attention school because the criminals who infest government have used the #CoronaHoax as an excuse to seize power, to instill fear,m and in this case, to continue to charge you taxes for a service that they are failing to provide.

And you are either unimaginably ignorant, to fall for this scam, or else you are willfully complicit in it. In either case, there is no reason why anyone ought to consider you even the least bit credible on this, or any other subject.

I'm sorry! I didn't see your sign telling me you are a fucking moron!

Corona does threaten his health as his immune system is basically ZERO!

You still haven't answered how my friend's wife died from your so called hoax!

People like you need to locked up in a zoo to serve as bad examples for our children! You are insane.

You still haven't answered how my friend's wife died from your so called hoax!

I'm not a qualified medical examiner, and never had a chance to examine the body, but given the shenanigans that are known to have taken place with regard to claimed #CoronaHoax2020 deaths, I feel confident in saying that there is a 94% chance that she died of some other cause than the #CoronaHoax virus.

People like you need to locked up in a zoo to serve as bad examples for our children! You are insane.

This is the United States of America, not the Союз Советских Социалистических Республик. As much as tyrannic filth such as yourself wish otherwise, you don't get to classify people as having “sluggish schizophrenia”, and on that basis, lock them up or otherwise violate their rights; for refusing to submit to or play along with lies and abuses perpetrated by government.

Forum List

Back