PT helping my back

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
A few weeks ago I was collapsing in perpetual pain
The X-ray showed a destroyed disc in lower back
After only 3 sessions of PT ..I can honestly say the pain is way down and I feel 20-25 percent recovered
This PT stuff really works

My goal is 50 percent mark and I can achieve that
She has me doing 45 min of core activities twice a week

i have 2 slipped discs - one up by my shoulder blades & another down in my lumbar that were f'd up from my days working in a nursing home lifting & moving dead weight patients. as i got older, the pain got worse. it was so bad, that i couldn't sit for more than 10-15 minutes, nor stand in one place for very long b4 getting stiff & having progressive pain.

i went the route of taking gabapentin - which didn't do much, & when i tried to get off it, i had a rebound effect. that med wanted to keep me 'hooked' & it took about a month to slowly wean off it. i also had cortisone shots & prednisone that didn't help either. i was also offered vicodin for pain but said no thanx due to the high incidence of addiction it can create.

i finally went to PT & between the exercises & learning proper body mechanics, the pain level ( from 1-10 w/ 10 beig the worst ) went from an 8 on my worst days to about a 2-3. that was about 5 years ago & now my pain level is gone for the most part, unless i go too long b4 'stretching' my spine & clicking/stacking my vertebrae back into position.

i also found that wearing a lumbar belt during the day helps tremendously. it's worth buying a good durable one... mine also has magnets that help with blood flow to keep the muscles from getting stiff. i wear it everyday when i'm on my feet.

this is the one i have from amazon
Screenshot_2021-03-07 Amazon com Maxar BMS-511 Lumbar Support Back Brace with 31 Powerful Magn...png
:

Last edited:
I've tried all that stuff an more and I still gotz the pain and the bad back...You guys have any Fentanyl you don't want?

It seems my progress has greatly slowed down
I made 30 percent progress but the last 4 sessions has not helped me ?
I guess 30 percent is better than zero

Forum List

Back