PS2 Graphics Suck on PS3

Not yet. I'm planning on getting one around the time Metal Gear 4 rolls out. But I have several friends who are just so special enough to have one. They all tell me what the link I posted said.

what do they say about the new games on the new system?

I'm not a gamer, but I heard that PS/2 games didn't work on PS/3....

I think SONY made a big blunder with PS/3. They pushed a non-standard video format that no one wants onto the public.

History repeats itself... In the early and middle 1980s, SONY invented the Beta format for videotape. That failed, too.

For the sake of those who aren't old enough to remember. At one time video tapes came in two formats, Beta and VHS. People owned either Beta VCRs or VHS VCRs. Beta had a better video quality (so I'm told), but the tapes could not hold as much content. In the end, VHS won out. I once read that the reason for Beta's demise was that the adult entertainment industry decided to use VHS. Probably because they could put entire movies on a single cartridge.

PS3 screwed the pooch big-time. But, that having been said, I don't buy for a second that Sony knows about this issue and, though they can easily fix it, choose to ignore it. Literally years of research and tests go into these systems, if this were that big of a problem (and judging from that video, it is), and if the solution were that easy, they would've fixed it by now.

I think Sony is realizing that in this day and age, it is very, VERY hard to impress people with electronics, especially younger people. I remember when the PS2 came out and just the fact that it played DVDs in addition to PS2 games was mindblowing. Now, it seems like you have to do a totally new creative angle on a system (*cough*Nintendo*cough,cough*) to impress anyone. Sony reached for the stars and, unforunately, I think they're going to come up short.

On the other hand, manu's exactly right, no system (except maybe the NES or N64) has ever proven its value immediately upon its arrival. They all have bugs and kinks, and the games are never THAT great. So, only time will tell.

Well, I had been planning on buying a PS3 for a long time, but I came to the conclusion that the xbox360 is a better deal. I bought my xbox and am pretty happy with it, same grafix as ps3 for alot less money. I love the xbox live stuff, I am able to play games co-op with friends and I you get voice over so you can chat while you play. Plus you can play old xbox games without any trouble. :eusa_snooty:

I'm not a gamer, but I heard that PS/2 games didn't work on PS/3....

I think SONY made a big blunder with PS/3. They pushed a non-standard video format that no one wants onto the public.

History repeats itself... In the early and middle 1980s, SONY invented the Beta format for videotape. That failed, too.

For the sake of those who aren't old enough to remember. At one time video tapes came in two formats, Beta and VHS. People owned either Beta VCRs or VHS VCRs. Beta had a better video quality (so I'm told), but the tapes could not hold as much content. In the end, VHS won out. I once read that the reason for Beta's demise was that the adult entertainment industry decided to use VHS. Probably because they could put entire movies on a single cartridge.

Now that I'm feeling my age here. How about those huge DVD's back in the mid 80's?
I would assume Sony see this as a acceptable risk since the hype over the game will long exceed cost of fixing the video context. But theat is my take on the subject.

I think Sony is realizing that in this day and age, it is very, VERY hard to impress people with electronics, especially younger people. I remember when the PS2 came out and just the fact that it played DVDs in addition to PS2 games was mindblowing.

Yea, it must be a challenge come up with anything for a generation that actually thinks Snoop Dog is cool, Spinner rims are a must have, have gone back in time to copy 50s styles such as the mustachless goatee worn by Beatnik Maynard G. Krebbs(Bob Denver aka...Gilligan) on the Dobie Gillis show, who have killed so much on video games that it just seems right to progress to real life and murder classmates, can't go 2 blocks to the store without watching a DVD and talking on the phone after text messaging everyone to let them know what they are doing and believe there is something intelligent about wearing pants with the waist around the knees and baseball caps sideways.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I feel sorry for Sony's designers.

Yea, it must be a challenge come up with anything for a generation that actually thinks Snoop Dog is cool, Spinner rims are a must have, have gone back in time to copy 50s styles such as the mustachless goatee worn by Beatnik Maynard G. Krebbs(Bob Denver aka...Gilligan) on the Dobie Gillis show, who have killed so much on video games that it just seems right to progress to real life and murder classmates, can't go 2 blocks to the store without watching a DVD and talking on the phone after text messaging everyone to let them know what they are doing and believe there is something intelligent about wearing pants with the waist around the knees and baseball caps sideways.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I feel sorry for Sony's designers.

Uhhhh seems like you got that wrapped up in a nice package:clap2:
Who knew?:rofl:

Forum List

Back