Proud To Be White

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
PROUD TO BE WHITE

Someone finally said it.
How many are actually paying attention to this?
There are African Americans, Mexican Americans,
Asian Americans, Arab Americans, Native Americans, etc.
And then there are just Americans.
You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.
You Call me "White boy," "Cracker," "Honkey,"
"Whitey," "Caveman," "The Blue Eyed DEVIL,".. and that's OK.
But when I call you, ******, ****, Towel head, Sand-******,
camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... you call me a racist.
You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you,
so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?
You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King
Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You
have Yom Hashoah You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi You have the NAACP.
You have BET.
If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) .. we'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day .. you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month .. we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives ..
we'd be racists.
We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of
Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?
If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships
... you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed
Black Colleges in the US , yet if there were "White colleges" ..
THAT would be a racist college.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching
for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights,
you would call us racists.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're
not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride ..
you call us racists.
You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer
shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running
from the law and posing a threat to society .. you call him a racist.
I am proud.
But, you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists?

I've pretty much made up my mind that finding Pride in one's skin colour is pointless.

I think it's OK to feel proud of who and what you are. Just don't fault me for being proud to be white, if you're proud to be whatever YOU are that's NOT white. It's hypocritical, and a double standard.

PROUD TO BE WHITE

Someone finally said it.
How many are actually paying attention to this?
There are African Americans, Mexican Americans,
Asian Americans, Arab Americans, Native Americans, etc.
And then there are just Americans.
You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.
"Whitey," "Caveman," "The Blue Eyed DEVIL,".. and that's OK.
camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... you call me a racist.
You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you,
so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?
You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King
Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You
have Yom Hashoah You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi You have the NAACP.
You have BET.
If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) .. we'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day .. you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month .. we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives ..
we'd be racists.
We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of
Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?
If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships
... you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed
Black Colleges in the US , yet if there were "White colleges" ..
THAT would be a racist college.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching
for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights,
you would call us racists.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're
not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride ..
you call us racists.
You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer
shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running
from the law and posing a threat to society .. you call him a racist.
I am proud.
But, you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists?

I can't wait for our board liberals to come defending all the hypocracy you point out.
Its such a crock of shit how the media has brainwashed our society. On news stations they bring in hispanic leaders calling the minutemen a racist and hate group, yet is A-OK for hispanics to march in parades carrying signs that say "La Raza" and "Brown Power". I did see a minuteman spokesperson on Foxnews, and he pointed this out and warned everyone that this is the 21st century KKK.

I'm not sure how one can either take pride or, conversely, feel shame, about something over which one has no control... like the color of one's skin.

You're not serious... right? Could you explain that?

I'm not sure how one can either take pride or, conversely, feel shame, about something over which one has no control... like the color of one's skin.

I think this statement is as straight-forward as jillian could have written it. Do you really need an explanation Pale? She doesn't grasp the reasoning behind why someone would be prideful about something they have no control over.

I think this statement is as straight-forward as jillian could have written it. Do you really need an explanation?

Yes. I'd like to hear "why" it is she feels that way. Not that she just feels that way.

Maybe you'd like to explain it for her, since you think it was such an absolute statement.

"Whitey," "Caveman," "The Blue Eyed DEVIL,"

I've never been called any of that, except by other white guys.

camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... you call me a racist

I also don't go throwing those slurs around either.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

I already have:

Yup. Really quite simple. If my skin were a different color, it wouldn't change my feelings about myself one iota. I would still love my family equally, take the same pride in my accomplishments and theirs. So the color of my skin is pretty much irrelevant, as is the color of anyone else's. I measure people by who they are, not what color they're born.

By the by, the only time an ethnic slur has ever been thrown my way, it was by a big-ass ole white dude with the biggest cross around his neck I've ever seen, but I figure that was a reflection on him being a low-life, not on his color or religion. So there ya go.

Yup. Really quite simple. If my skin were a different color, it wouldn't change my feelings about myself one iota. I would still love my family equally, take the same pride in my accomplishments and theirs. So the color of my skin is pretty much irrelevant, as is the color of anyone else's. I measure people by who they are, not what color they're born.

By the by, the only time an ethnic slur has ever been thrown my way, it was by a big-ass ole white dude with the biggest cross around his neck I've ever seen, but I figure that was a reflection on him being a low-life, not on his color or religion. So there ya go.

So you've never heard the expression, "they were a proud people?" And you can be proud of what you do, but not who you are?

I have no problem with the way you feel. However, I'm a little perplexed at "why" you feel that way. You've explained "how" you feel, but not "why" you feel that way.

So you've never heard the expression, "they were a proud people?" And you can be proud of what you do, but not who you are?

I have no problem with the way you feel. However, I'm a little perplexed at "why" you feel that way. You've explained "how" you feel, but not "why" you feel that way.

I'm not sure I've ever thought about it that deeply except that color is pretty irrelevant to me. Who a person is, on the other hand, matters a great deal. Is the person compassionate? Are they funny? Smart? Accomplished? Are they good parents, good children, good siblings, good friends? Are they good at what they do? Are they good spouses? Those things all make up who a person is. Color is such a small part of it, as is religion or ethnicity. Just my opinion.

I am proud of who I am...and certainly we all have ethnic identification and can appreciate our respective heritages. But it's not like we choose how we're born. That's kind of serendipitous, no?

Off to get my boy.

Laterz.

Lucky you. I have.

Meh, it wouldn't bother me if I was. Does it bother you?

I've been called all kinds of nasty mean things in my life, some of them deserved, but the only ones that ever bothered me much were ones that came from people I was close to, but thats just me.

My take?

I think most that have responded missed Pale's point, are at the least, what he said.

Example, African American, Mexican American, Asian American, ALL terms, that would cause one to think, me anyway, that someone was African first, then an American next. FUCK that, pure and simple. If you walk around with a "chip" on your shoulder, and you want to be identified with some ethnic group FIRST, then don't look to me for support, or ANY interest in defending you.

I'm NATIVE American, just to "jump on the band wagon", but really, I'm an American FIRST. I'm good with my background, I'm NOT embarrassed to talk about my heritage, but I WOULDN'T be an AMERICAN if I thought I came first, and America second.

Don't want to presume to talk for Pale, but until folks start to understand the difference between HISTORY, and the "here, and now", this nation is going to have problems moving on.

My two cents...........:dunno:

whenever people say they are __________ american.....

i always say where in ___________ are you from?

Forum List

Back