Proto-Aryan people

Their ancestors can be found in India and Iran mostly. The word Iran is derived from the word Aryan.
In fact, modern Iran has nothing to do with ancient Arya. The name comes from Arya, it was in the region of Pakistan and Afghanistan, and actually it was norh of Aryavarta itself. In the north of Iran was the Aryan Media.

That's where Aria was actually, south of Bactria.

This is approximately the site of Parthia. Perhaps the name of Parthia comes from Arya, but this is not the same as Persia.

median_empire_map.gif

images

Last edited:
Media can be considered Aryan, but it was an empire, and not only Aryans lived there.

In fact, modern Iran has nothing to do with ancient Arya. The name comes from Arya, it was in the region of Pakistan and Afghanistan, and actually it was norh of Aryavarta itself. In the north of Iran was the Aryan Media.

That's where Aria was actually, south of Bactria.

This is approximately the site of Parthia. Perhaps the name of Parthia comes from Arya, but this is not the same as Persia.

median_empire_map.gif

images

There was nothing special about Aryans; they were no tougher, braver, or more fierce than any other invaders from the north, such as the Parthians, Scythians, and later the Turks. I think; they most likely left the steppes because they were the loser of a tribal war or hungry for some reason. Hunger can make people aggressive. However, as I said, there was nothing special about them; they were just one of many invaders of the South.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

In the Western world, Persia (or one of its cognates) was historically the common name used for Iran.[1] On the Nowruz of 1935, Reza Shah officially asked foreign

delegates to use the Persian term Iran (meaning the land of Aryans in Persian)]

Last edited:
There was nothing special about Aryans; they were no tougher, braver, or more fierce than any other invaders from the north, such as the Parthians, Scythians, and later the Turks. I think; they most likely left the steppes because they were the loser of a tribal war or hungry for some reason. Hunger can make people aggressive. However, as I said, there was nothing special about them; they were just one of many invaders of the South.
It was special: they were brave and skillful warriors and they killed the villains and liberated the peoples. The Parthians were descended from the Aryans. Evil invaders, on the contrary, enslaved peoples.

Forum List

Back