Protestors: "Thank god for Dead Soldiers and IED's"

The ClayTaurus said:
Westboro is intensely conservative and pro-life.

I wouldn't call them conservative in the same way I would call myself conservative. I would call their flavor of "conservatism" extremely twisted.

gop_jeff said:
I wouldn't call them conservative in the same way I would call myself conservative. I would call their flavor of "conservatism" extremely twisted.
they're certainly not liberal, I would label them more conservative than liberal. The point was, they're lack of respect for life has nothing to do with abortion.

The first time I heard of these freaks I thought - "Nah, nobody’s that ignorant." I was wrong. Despite the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States - these people, every one of them - need to have a fatal accident.

:nine:

I guess this sums up the source of the MORONS who are doing this:

http://www.godhatesfags.com
http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html
http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/apr2006/20060415_daniel-sesker-funeral.pdf

<i>"WBC engages in daily peaceful sidewalk demonstrations opposing the homosexual lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth. We display large, colorful signs containing Bible words and sentiments, including: GOD HATES FAGS, FAGS HATE GOD, AIDS CURES FAGS, THANK GOD FOR AIDS, FAGS BURN IN HELL, GOD IS NOT MOCKED, FAGS ARE NATURE FREAKS, GOD GAVE FAGS UP, NO SPECIAL LAWS FOR FAGS, FAGS DOOM NATIONS, etc."</i>
http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/aboutwbc.html

Oh, and it continues - anyone else here feel their IQ points being lowered because of these IDIOTS?

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/html/91101.html
<i>"On September 11, 2001, God Almighty struck the United States of America with the worst terrorist attack in her history. Thousands died, millions, even billions of dollars lost and spent in subsequent recovery, cleanup, and security measures, and what has changed? Nothing. One week after America is struck by God's Hand, the Pervert in Chief George W. Bush swears in an out of the closet, militant homosexual, Michael Guest to be Ambassador to Romania! The representative face of America to Europe is an out of the closet fag! Guest, along with his fag lover, live as husband and wife in the American Embassy in Bucharest, flaunting their perversion at every opportunity, representing America as a fag nation!!"</i>

So, they have all these signs thanking God for IED's, saying they're tools of retribution. But when someone detonated an IED inside the Westboro compound, boy oh boy did they spin their way out of that. It takes talent to claim IED's are God displaying his anger towards someone, and then when an IED is directed at Westboro claim that it's not. I wish I could find where they wrote about it on that website, but it's blocked from work. Truly hypocrisy at its finest.

-Cp said:
Oh, and it continues - anyone else here feel their IQ points being lowered because of these IDIOTS?

Yeah, they do drag the rest of the species down with them. I once looked at their website and could feel my jaw start to sag, a trickle of drool form at the corner of my mouth...My wife said it looked like my forehead started to shrink and my eyes began moving closer together...And, for a few minutes, I could almost feel my knuckles dragging the ground.

Fortunately, I was able to log off the computer soon enough that there were no lasting ill effects, although my hairline has permanently receded since that sorry day.

The ClayTaurus said:
So, they have all these signs thanking God for IED's, saying they're tools of retribution. But when someone detonated an IED inside the Westboro compound, boy oh boy did they spin their way out of that. It takes talent to claim IED's are God displaying his anger towards someone, and then when an IED is directed at Westboro claim that it's not. I wish I could find where they wrote about it on that website, but it's blocked from work. Truly hypocrisy at its finest.

I wonder if they'd think it divine retribution if a group of vets kicked the livin' shit outta them?

Bullypulpit said:
Yeah, they do drag the rest of the species down with them. I once looked at their website and could feel my jaw start to sag, a trickle of drool form at the corner of my mouth...My wife said it looked like my forehead started to shrink and my eyes began moving closer together...And, for a few minutes, I could almost feel my knuckles dragging the ground.

Fortunately, I was able to log off the computer soon enough that there were no lasting ill effects, although my hairline has permanently receded since that sorry day.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Westboro cultist that cannot be easily fixed with an aluminum baseball bat.

DeMarini-DXX03.jpg

I say use aluminum for that rich deep tone of a bat hitting the balls.

I thank the 200 "Patriot Guard Riders," a biker group, which shielded family members and other mourners outside Holy Ghost Church at 170th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue in South Holland.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-060419martini,1,5662484.story

'Patriots' outnumber protesters at Marine's funeral

Tribune staff reports
Published April 19, 2006, 1:43 PM CDT

Five members of a small Kansas church demonstrated today outside the funeral of a Marine from south suburban Lansing, but left when hundreds of counter-protesters turned out to shield family members from their display.

Members of Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka have been traveling around the country to demonstrate at military funerals, contending that God is punishing America with war casualties for its tolerance of homosexuals and generally welcoming the combat deaths.

Today, they came to the funeral of Marine Lance Cpl. Philip J. Martini, 24, who died in combat of a gunshot wound April 8 in Iraq's Al Anbar province.

This time, however, the demonstrators were met by nearly 200 "Patriot Guard Riders," a biker group, which shielded family members and other mourners outside Holy Ghost Church at 170th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue in South Holland.

When a gray hearse carrying Martini's body arrived at the church, all that could be seen on the street was a sea of black biker leather and American flags waving in the wind.

"What's going on across the street is wrong, and this family has every right to be protected from seeing that stuff," said Patriot Guard member Chuck Dryden. "I'm here to make sure they don't see it."

Earlier, Westboro spokeswoman Shirley Phelps-Roper told reporters, "This nation is being punished by a raging mad God."

Phelps-Roper, who wore a blue T-shirt with an anti-gay message, was surrounded by other demonstrators holding signs that read, "God Hates America," "Not Blessed Just Cursed" and "God is America's Terror." Her group protested for about an hour in front of the church.

"I am the only patriot standing here," she said. "I am the only one that has enough concern for the soul of my nation and wrath of God pouring out on her head to tell you what you need to do to fix it."

Referring to Martini's parents, Phelps-Roper said, "They brought that pain upon themselves. They raised that child for the devil."

Westboro's protests have spurred legislatures in 27 states to pass or propose restrictions on protesting near funerals. The Illinois General Assembly is considering such a bill.

"They do cause pain and turmoil for so many families at a time which should be truly sacred and prayerful," Bishop James Wilkowski, head of the Evangelical Catholic Diocese of the Northwest, told CLTV.

But the Westboro group left after being interviewed by the media and before the funeral service began, avoiding a confrontation with Martini's family. No arrests were reported by police.

An hourlong funeral service followed, attended by Martini's family, friends, veterans and a Marine honor guard. Martini was a 2000 graduate of Thornton Fractional South High School in Lansing and on his second tour of duty in Iraq.

He played football and baseball during high school, where he was known as a popular and athletic young man, his father, also named Philip, said. Martini joined the Marines in 2003 because he wanted to make a difference, his father said.

Tribune staff reporter Jason George contributed to this story.

Kathianne said:
I thank the 200 "Patriot Guard Riders," a biker group, which shielded family members and other mourners outside Holy Ghost Church at 170th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue in South Holland.
Strange how those who don't "look" it, are the ones who show the true nature of Christianity.

BATMAN said:
Strange how those who don't "look" it, are the ones who show the true nature of Christianity.

I noticed that little paradox myself. The "evil" bikers are doing good while the so-called Christians in the mix are spewing evil. How backwards is THAT from the 60s? :mm:

Forum List

Back