Zone1 Prosecutors investigating if Wells Fargo conducted fake interviews with Black, female job applicants

Wouldn’t this be counterproductive if their goal was to make them look all progressive or something?

Now it looks like they interviewed a bunch of minority candidates but didn’t choose to hire any of them.
I don't know if they were just negligent/behind in their numbers or if they were intentionally interviewing diverse candidates that they never had any interest in let alone intentions of hiring.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You have to consider the times. Right now, jobs are going begging as there are so few applicants, and many companies have resorted to hiring bonuses to attract interest.

Anyway, WF is rethinking its policy. Perhaps it’s time to step back from quotas, given that WF is 13% black (in article below) and blacks are reasonably represented for their population numbers.

I could see a case being made for dropping these quotas and requirements, just interview and hire the best qualified applicants, and review the policy in a couple of years to see if it’s really necessary.

I would imagine the same thing that they got from opening those fraudulent accounts. They have goals or threshholds that they're apparently required to meet but I don't know if that's a government requirement or one of their own making. Whatever the case, they are alleged to have conducted interviews with "diversity" individuals in order to satisfy the requirements without ever having any intentions of hiring any of them.
There is no way that they have a goal to interview minorities. A goal to hire minorities maybe, but not just interview. Its not like they can brag about the number of black people who didnt get hired.

This story isnt making any sense.

There is no way that they have a goal to interview minorities.

And yet.....they do.

Wells Fargo, the nation's third-largest bank, adopted the policy two years ago in an effort to increase its workplace diversity. Under the policy, hiring managers must interview at least one woman and one person of color for job openings, particularly for positions where the salary would be $100,000 or more.

And yet.....they do.

Wells Fargo, the nation's third-largest bank, adopted the policy two years ago in an effort to increase its workplace diversity. Under the policy, hiring managers must interview at least one woman and one person of color for job openings, particularly for positions where the salary would be $100,000 or more.
That is a weird ass policy, especially since you already know that they are simply going to pick the person that they like the most. Any employer would be crazy not to.

Forum List

Back