Prop gun fired by Alex Baldwin on movie set loaded with ‘a live single round’, says Hollywood union

That's nice. But you are not the law. We are talking about the law. And yes, it will make a difference if it was a piece of debris vs. someone loading a live round in the weapon.

Nobody gives a shit what difference it does or doesn't make to you. Or to me.
It the firearm was capable of shooting live rounds, a reasonable person with any manner of gun training whatsoever would check and clear it immediately, never point it at anyone (loaded or not), and only touch the trigger when the muzzle is aimed at the intended target and the foreground and background is clear.

The gun used wasn't a prop gun A prop gun is not capable of chambe ring a live round A prop gun requires a special kind of blank round specifically made for the entertainment industry

It the firearm was capable of shooting live rounds, a reasonable person with any manner of gun training whatsoever would check and clear it immediately, never point it at anyone (loaded or not), and only touch the trigger when the muzzle is aimed at the intended target and the foreground and background is clear.
Gotcha. But you are not necessarily arguing a crime. And the chamber was not supposed to be clear. There was supposed to be a round in it.

That's nice. But you are not the law. We are talking about the law. And yes, it will make a difference if it was a piece of debris vs. someone loading a live round in the weapon.

Nobody gives a shit what difference it does or doesn't make to you. Or to me.

Yes, according to the law what baldwin did can be charged as Criminally Negligent Homicide on the low end, and Involuntary Manslaughter on the high end. Based on what we know now.

Gotcha. But you are not necessarily arguing a crime. And the chamber was not supposed to be clear. There was supposed to be a round in it.

IT DOESN'T MATTER. baldwin pulled the trigger. That makes him primary offender. The AD is a secondary offender, and the propmaster is a tertiary offender. IMO they should ALL be charged with crimes.

Yes, according to the law what baldwin did can be charged as Criminally Negligent Homicide on the low end, and Involuntary Manslaughter on the high end. Based on what we know now.
But that likely will not happen,IMO. He had a reasonable expectation the gun was safe, like the 1000s of other times he fired a prop gun.

But that likely will not happen,IMO. He had a reasonable expectation the gun was safe, like the 1000
IT DOESN'T MATTER. baldwin pulled the trigger. That makes him primary offender.
Hmm, no, sorry, not that simple. Just as nobody was charged in Brandon Lee's death.

But that likely will not happen,IMO. He had a reasonable expectation the gun was safe, like the 1000s of other times he fired a prop gun.
1. it was not a prop gun
2. none of us would EVER be given a presumption of reasonable expectation of a gun being safe....EVER, so FUCK NO!!!
3. So, he was in the habit of doing this same thing 1000 times? Sounds like gross negligence at a minimum.

1. it was not a prop gun
I will continue call it a prop gun, as it was being used as a prop. Sorry.

We have already established that Hollywood is above the law.
This silly paranoid whining is not a substitute for argument.
2. none of us would EVER be given a presumption of reasonable expectation of a gun being safe..
You would if, say, you were a stuntman on a movie set. Notice nobody was charged in Brandon Lee's death. So you can keep repeating that until you are blue in the face, but you are demonstrably wrong.

3. So, he was in the habit of doing this same thing 1000 times?
Yes, he and every other actor and stuntman in the business. They are handed prop guns and assured they are safe.

I'm not a fan of the idea that everything is politics. Since Baldwin is a Leftist, we have to say it's his fault even if it isn't? I'm not playing that.

I bet they don't charge him, and all of you will be wrong.

But it is his fault.

Do you realize you're saying a man who picked up a gun he didn't check, pointed it at an innocent person, pulled the trigger, and killed her, didn't do anything wrong? Do you realize how insane that is?

Well, you're a fucking idiot and deserving of the mockery you're about to get.

Santa Fe County District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies is speaking out about last week's fatal movie-set shooting.

Carmack-Altwies recently spoke with The New York Times, explaining why she takes issue with the term "prop gun," which has been used in connection with the incident, calling it misleading.

"It was a legit gun," she told the outlet. "It was an antique, era-appropriate gun."

Gun safety expert Tom Gresham recently told Fox News that the term "prop gun" was "without meaning."

"A prop gun can be a real firearm that's just used as a prop in a movie. People are making the mistake of thinking ‘prop gun’ means a gun that doesn't fire. That's not true at all,"
he explained. "A prop gun is just a gun that's used in a movie that could be a live gun, or it could be an inert gun. So there's a lot of misunderstanding on that and people who think they know what that term means or getting confused by it."

Wouldn't you have loved to have been there on the set to see Baldwin and the director's faces when they gave him the gun, he aimed and pointed it at the lady and pulled the trigger and it actually fired and shot that woman!

Can you imagine the shock of disbelief on their faces as they realized what had happened, and that they did it all on their own!

There is criminal negligence here and if several people don't do time for this then I'll know the law is as corrupt as is the elections.

Do what you think is right, but it was a real firearm. You cannot deny that.

This:
We have already established that Hollywood is above the law.
followed by:
This silly paranoid whining is not a substitute for argument.
followed by:
You would if, say, you were a stuntman on a movie set. Notice nobody was charged in Brandon Lee's death. So you can keep repeating that until you are blue in the face, but you are demonstrably wrong.
I rest my case.

Yes, he and every other actor and stuntman in the business. They are handed prop guns and assured they are safe.
And such an excuse would NEVER be applied to any of us, so you are either completely oblivious to your own arguments making my case for me on the Hollywood exemption or you are fucking stupid.

Which is it?

Because he is a darling of the left, and the County doesn't want to lose movie business, I am quite sure that large sums of cash are being gathered to ensure just that. However, in any other case, the perpetrator would be arrested and charged.

Once again, he NEGLIGENTLY shot a woman.

How do we know this?

Because she, is dead.

Had he simply followed RULE No. 1, she would still be alive.

Forum List

Back