Prop gun fired by Alex Baldwin on movie set loaded with ‘a live single round’, says Hollywood union

Cheney most definitely fired the shot which hit Harry Whittington. The reason Whittington was shot was that Cheney was not mindful of what was around his target when he pulled the trigger. Clearly, it was an accident. But it was also completely negligent on the part of Cheney...

Partinsan nonsense?

I voted for Bush/Cheny twice, you stupid fuck...
Cheney did not point a gun at someone, pull the trigger killing him. Now, Cheney could have faced a civil penalty, but his action wasn't criminal in nature.

Comparing the Baldwin incident to the Chaney incident is nothing but partisan motivated idiocy.

Cheney most definitely fired the shot which hit Harry Whittington. The reason Whittington was shot was that Cheney was not mindful of what was around his target when he pulled the trigger. Clearly, it was an accident. But it was also completely negligent on the part of Cheney...

Partinsan nonsense?

Ok, partisan idiocy. Is that better?

Cheney did not point a gun at someone, pull the trigger killing him. Now, Cheney could have faced a civil penalty, but his action wasn't criminal in nature.

It was pure luck that Whittington wasn't killed.

The fact is that Cheney wasn't mindful of what was around his target. The shooting, in that regard, was negligent...

Comparing the Baldwin incident to the Chaney incident is nothing but partisan motivated idiocy.

Again, it makes you looks silly and stupid to claim this is partisan. I voted Bush/Cheney twice. I'm a registered Independent, but I'm far more conservative than liberal...

From my understanding this was a revolver. Room for 6 rounds.. most showing ...and easy to check. There is not round lodged in the chamber. Revolvers have a safety also.

Most revolvers have no safety's, and the revolvers from that era definitely had no safety.

How would the union know? Apparently the 20 something armorer babe emptied the cylinder before the police arrived.
Exactly the point I was making.

They weren't on hand, nor have they been a part to the investigation.

How would they know anything surrounding the circumstances?

Partinsan nonsense?

Cheney was negligent.

It's different because Cheney did not intentionally point the muzzle of his shotgun at another person and pull the trigger knowing he was pointing the muzzle at another person.

Baldwin did. Gross negligence at best.

Cheney was negligent.

Damn right he was...
It's different because Cheney did not intentionally point the muzzle of his shotgun at another person and pull the trigger knowing he was pointing the muzzle at another person.

And that's exactly the point. He should've known. By not knowing ,he disobeyed a tenet of firearms safety which has been repeated here countless times:

1. Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
  2. Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy.
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
  4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

Just as Baldwin didn't do #1 and #2, so did Dick Cheney not do #2 and #4...

Baldwin did. Gross negligence at best.

From the perspective of things done wrong, Cheney was just as much to blame for his shooting as Baldwin is for his. It's only sheer luck which kept Whittington alive after Cheney shot him...

Damn right he was...

And that's exactly the point. He should've known. By not knowing ,he disobeyed a tenet of firearms safety which has been repeated here countless times:

1. Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
  2. Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy.
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
  4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

Just as Baldwin didn't do #1 and #2, so did Dick Cheney not do #2 and #4...

From the perspective of things done wrong, Cheney was just as much to blame for his shooting as Baldwin is for his. It's only sheer luck which kept Whittington alive after Cheney shot him...
You don't seem to understand the different levels of intent.

Kinda makes this discussion with you pointless.

You don't seem to understand the different levels of intent.

Kinda makes this discussion with you pointless.

Really?

Because I've asked the Baldwin haters (people like you) about "intent" in the Baldwin case and have gotten nothing of substance. Not a single thing.

Where's the "intent" in the Baldwin case?

In the Baldwin case, the trigger appears to have been accidentally pulled. Tragic, certainly, but accidental.

Cheney, on the other hand, leveled his shotgun with the intent of pulling the trigger. Hell, given that, it could easily be argued that Cheney was more at fault in his case than Baldwin is in his...

1638404434293.png

Forum List

Back