PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
....just about nine years better.

1. This Day in History: March 10
Opening of the Nazis' first concentration camp
On this day in 1933, soon after Adolf Hitler became chancellor, the first concentration camp in Germany opened at Dachau, where at least 32,000 people would die from disease, malnutrition, physical oppression, and execution.

2. Document for February 19th: Executive Order 9066 - National ...
https://www.archives.gov › historical-docs › todays-doc
Issued by President Franklin Roosevelt on February 19, 1942, this order authorized ... fenced, and guarded relocation centers, known as internment camps.

3. Let's not sugar coat it.....Hitler's friend, FDR, called them just what they were:

"They were forcibly removed to 10 concentration camps. The government officially called them “relocation centers,” but Roosevelt himself used the words “concentration camp” in a recommendation as early as 1936, as did a military proposal in 1942. The occupants were kept behind barbed wire, and armed guards kept them from leaving."
FDR’s concentration camps were a warning, not a model

4. Executive Order 9066 was a United States presidential executive order signed and issued during World War II by United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942. This order authorized the Secretary of War to prescribe certain areas as military zones, clearing the way for the incarceration of Japanese Americans, German Americans, and Italian Americans in U.S. concentration camps. Executive Order 9066 - Wikipedia

5. In case you’re still not convinced, read the following indirect quote by Franklin D. Roosevelt in a note to the military Joint Board on August 10, 1936: (emphasis is mine)

What arrangements and plans have been made relative to concentration camps in the Hawaiian Islands for dangerous or undesirable aliens or citizens in the event of national emergency?

Yes, FDR used the term when discussing the issue, and records show that so did most government authorities and congressional officials. “Internment camp” and “relocation center” are unacceptable euphemisms that ignore the reality of American concentration camps, where the U.S. imprisoned its own loyal citizens and denied them their civil rights. FDR Called Them Concentration Camps: Why Terminology Matters

President Franklin Roosevelt himself called the relocation sites concentration campsand Harold Ickes, Secretary of the Interior, told the Washington Evening Star in 1946:

As a member of President Roosevelt's administration, I saw the United States Army give way to mass hysteria over the Japanese...Crowded into cars like cattle, these hapless people were hurried away to hastily constructed and thoroughly inadequate concentration camps, with soldiers with nervous muskets on guard, in the great American desert. We gave the fancy name of 'relocation centers' to these dust bowls, but they were concentration camps nonetheless.

FDR came into power roughly at the same time as Hitler. A great non-fiction book "In the Garden of the Beasts", told from the perspective of FDR's ambassador to Berlin, chronicles the strange lack of concern by the FDR administration over the shocking events evolving in Germany during the 30's. It was the U.S. Great Depression and FDR seemed interested only in Germany's payment of WW1 reparations which wasn't going to happen. After Germany's invasion of the Cz. republic, British agents visited the U.S. and were shocked at the lack of intelligence, espionage and counter espionage agencies in the FDR administration. The issue was addressed by the Supreme Count that decreed that Hoover's G. Men would be the lead espionage and counter espionage effort even though the FBI had zero experience in that particular field.

I am surprised that you don’t feel conspicuous, marching around in that brown shirt and the helmet with the spike on top….
That helmet.....the pickelhaube...
1646948011867.png
was pre-NAZI. DO try to keep up with correct history. :heehee:

FDR came into power roughly at the same time as Hitler. A great non-fiction book "In the Garden of the Beasts", told from the perspective of FDR's ambassador to Berlin, chronicles the strange lack of concern by the FDR administration over the shocking events evolving in Germany during the 30's. It was the U.S. Great Depression and FDR seemed interested only in Germany's payment of WW1 reparations which wasn't going to happen. After Germany's invasion of the Cz. republic, British agents visited the U.S. and were shocked at the lack of intelligence, espionage and counter espionage agencies in the FDR administration. The issue was addressed by the Supreme Count that decreed that Hoover's G. Men would be the lead espionage and counter espionage effort even though the FBI had zero experience in that particular field.

And.....since FDR could not imagine spying on his BFF, Stalin, we had no intel on the Bolsheviks.

Novelist Daniel Silva puts it this way:

" You see, before the war, we had no intelligence service-not areal one, anyway...our intelligence operation inside the Soviet Union consisted of a couple of guys from Harvard and a teletype machine. When we suddenly found ourselves nose to nose with the Russian bogeyman, we didn’t know shit about him. His strengths, his weaknesses, his intentions. And what’s more, we didn’t know how to find out. That another war was imminent was a foregone conclusion. And what did we have? F**k all. No networks, no agents. Nothing. We were lost, wandering in the desert. We needed help. ...General Reinhard Gehlen, head of the German General Staff’s Foreign Armies East branch, Hitler’s chief spy on the Russian front.

“Gehlen was the answer to our prayers. The man had spent a career spying on the Soviet Union, and now he was going to show us the way. We brought him into this country.... . He told us what we wanted to hear. Stalinism was an evil unparalleled in human history. Stalin intended to subvert the countries of western Europe from within and then move against them militarily. Stalin had global ambitions. Be not afraid, Gehlen told us. I have networks, I have sleepers and stay-behind cells. I know everything there is to know about Stalin and his henchmen. Together, we will crush him.”

We used Nazi intel post war just as we used Nazi rocket scientists, by conditional surrender.

Reinhard Gehlen

As head of the Gehlen Organization he sought cooperation with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), formed in 1947, resulting in the Gehlen Organization ultimately becoming closely affiliated with the CIA. Wikipedia.

I get the point that you are a very con-fused little girl......:heehee:
She does not know that the internment camps were to insure America was not littered with foreign agents. There was one just down the road from where I grewup. I know many german soldiers who tell me the truth about concentration kamps. The site of the camp has a very good plauqe that explains the entire situation.

Russia was our ally in WW2. Ike's troops were forced by the FDR administration to wait on the Rhine border until the Russian rapists and pillager hoard could invade Berlin. Was unleashing a Russian hoard on Berlin citizens considered to be some sort of reprisal for war crimes? The media remained silent on the issue.

Forum List

Back