Proof positive that hate and fearmongering causes deaths.

Are you saying that fearmongering had no impact on the support for invading Iraq?

Ohh I quit killing people decades ago.

Hmmmmmmm.That's an interesting premise.If there were any kind of exploration into legal issues on going to war then the dems would have their hands full protecting Secretary of State Clinton and Senator Kerry who were tripping all over themselves trying to get as much camera time as possible after we invaded that Sadam needed to be taken out.:cool:

Are you saying that fearmongering had no impact on the support for invading Iraq?

Ohh I quit killing people decades ago.

For once you are right.

John Kerry Quotes

Terrorism
"Terrorist organizations with specific political agendas may be encouraged and emboldened by Yasser Arafat's transformation from outlaw to statesman." - Monday, March 8, 2004

Q: Did you feel you were blindsided by Dean's success?
Kerry: Well, not blindsided. I mean, when I voted for the war, I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, "I'm against everything"? Sure. Did I expect George Bush to fu@# it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did.
-- John Kerry's Desperate Hours, Rolling Stone Magazine

"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." - From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998
"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation." - John Kerry, 10/9/02

"We need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. We all know the litany of his offenses. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. ...And now he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq disclose its weapons programs and disarm. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it is not new. It has been with us since the end of the Persian Gulf War." - John Kerry, 1/23/03
"Iraq may not be the war on terror itself, but it is critical to the outcome of the war on terror, and therefore any advance in Iraq is an advance forward in that..." - John Kerry 12/15/03

"If you think I would have gone to war the way George Bush did, don't vote for me." - John Kerry, Jan 2004

Hmmmmmmm.That's an interesting premise.If there were any kind of exploration into legal issues on going to war then the dems would have their hands full protecting Secretary of State Clinton and Senator Kerry who were tripping all over themselves trying to get as much camera time as possible after we invaded that Sadam needed to be taken out.:cool:

You will not derail me on this, I am against all fear and hatemongering in govt and politics.
I am non partisan on this.

Iraq was an act of war made by a sovereign government, with an organized form of democratic governance. I'll be it, I never agreed with the decision and still feel the war was unnecessary and did more damage to our economy and standing with the World than good.

However, comparing an Act of War to a random act of violence committed by an insane man who's political ideology YOU CAN'T EVEN TRACE BACK TO THE PEOPLE YOU WINGNUTS TRY TO PIN HIM TOO, is not even a stretch.

It's pure stupidity.

"Fear-mongering" does not cause violence. So, shut up.

Maybe someone should mention that to Ed Schultz who for whatever it's worth has all but called Sarah Palin a murderer for almost a week now.Oh but before he spends most of his show going after her protects himself from blame in case something does happen to her by saying he's not accusing her of anything.....

OOoooops I guess I did that thing you were talking about.

Iraq was an act of war made by a sovereign government, with an organized form of democratic governance. I'll be it, I never agreed with the decision and still feel the war was unnecessary and did more damage to our economy and standing with the World than good.

However, comparing an Act of War to a random act of violence committed by an insane man who's political ideology YOU CAN'T EVEN TRACE BACK TO THE PEOPLE YOU WINGNUTS TRY TO PIN HIM TOO, is not even a stretch.

It's pure stupidity.

Congress did not declare war on Iraq.

It's pure stupidity.

"An act of war is an action by one country against another with an intention to provoke a war or an action that occurs during a declared war or armed conflict between military forces of any origin."
Act of War Law & Legal Definition

Now go back and read what I wrote.

It's pure stupidity.

"An act of war is an action by one country against another with an intention to provoke a war or an action that occurs during a declared war or armed conflict between military forces of any origin."
Act of War Law & Legal Definition

Now go back and read what I wrote.

Fearmongering caused the support for the invasion of Iraq.
And war IS defined in our constirution not a dictionary.
And the invasion did cause hundreds of thousands of deaths and maimings.

Two people were treated for "minor exposure" after the sarin incident but no serious injuries were reported. Soldiers transporting the shell for inspection suffered symptoms consistent with low-level chemical exposure, which is what led to the discovery, a U.S. official told Fox News.

"The Iraqi Survey Group confirmed today that a 155-millimeter artillery round containing sarin nerve agent had been found," Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt (search), the chief military spokesman in Iraq, told reporters in Baghdad. "The round had been rigged as an IED (improvised explosive device) which was discovered by a U.S. force convoy."

The round detonated before it would be rendered inoperable, Kimmitt said, which caused a "very small dispersal of agent."

However, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said the results were from a field test, which can be imperfect, and said more analysis was needed. If confirmed, it would be the first finding of a banned weapon upon which the United States based its case for war.

Click to Read the Weapons of Mass Destruction Handbook

A senior Bush administration official told Fox News that the sarin gas shell is the second chemical weapon discovered recently.

Two weeks ago, U.S. military units discovered mustard gas that was used as part of an IED. Tests conducted by the Iraqi Survey Group (search) — a U.S. organization searching for weapons of mass destruction — and others concluded the mustard gas was "stored improperly," which made the gas "ineffective."

FOXNews.com - Sarin, Mustard Gas Discovered Separately in Iraq - U.S. & World

Since we did find WMD in Iraq, which fear mongering are you pointing to? And what hate? Furthermore, is it your position that all those people would have died, war or not, because someone somewhere hated them and mongered fear for them?

Two people were treated for "minor exposure" after the sarin incident but no serious injuries were reported. Soldiers transporting the shell for inspection suffered symptoms consistent with low-level chemical exposure, which is what led to the discovery, a U.S. official told Fox News.

"The Iraqi Survey Group confirmed today that a 155-millimeter artillery round containing sarin nerve agent had been found," Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt (search), the chief military spokesman in Iraq, told reporters in Baghdad. "The round had been rigged as an IED (improvised explosive device) which was discovered by a U.S. force convoy."

The round detonated before it would be rendered inoperable, Kimmitt said, which caused a "very small dispersal of agent."

However, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said the results were from a field test, which can be imperfect, and said more analysis was needed. If confirmed, it would be the first finding of a banned weapon upon which the United States based its case for war.

Click to Read the Weapons of Mass Destruction Handbook

A senior Bush administration official told Fox News that the sarin gas shell is the second chemical weapon discovered recently.

Two weeks ago, U.S. military units discovered mustard gas that was used as part of an IED. Tests conducted by the Iraqi Survey Group (search) — a U.S. organization searching for weapons of mass destruction — and others concluded the mustard gas was "stored improperly," which made the gas "ineffective."

FOXNews.com - Sarin, Mustard Gas Discovered Separately in Iraq - U.S. & World

Since we did find WMD in Iraq, which fear mongering are you pointing to? And what hate? Furthermore, is it your position that all those people would have died, war or not, because someone somewhere hated them and mongered fear for them?

all that has been dubunked. But keep believing what you want as you will anyway.

The premise of this thread is pretty sound. It was fearmongering that caused the invasion of Iraq. However, even with that, the majority of the people in this country were opposed to the war.

A great deal of the fear mongering occurred on another level..the political one.

Buttressed almost daily by a 24 hour news cycle, it was seen as unpatriotic not to support that action. And even those politicians that may have not supported the war initially were given enough "evidence" to leave a gnawing "what if I am wrong" feeling in their heads.

This is nothing new. Yellow dog journalism drove this country to join the fight against "The Huns" of Germany in WWI.

New Topics

Forum List

Back