Promoting my State's Beauty

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
I Love it here in Maine.....you can be flat broke and always find something to do that will give you goose bumps or make you say a silent prayer of thanks for being surrounded by such majestic beauty.

For me, April....before the leaves are on the trees but the grass is a luscious green is the best time of the year to visit Acadia National Park/Bar Harbor....it is still cool at night and hitting the 60's and sometimes 70's, during the day....it's great for hiking in the Park and shopping/walking the streets in town by the docks.

It has rained every day the past 6 weeks, so water was just dropping off the rocks throughout Acadia...

P4296131.JPGhttp:

P4296133.JPG

P4296136.JPG

The Park landscape appears dry because the leaves have not come out yet....in another month, the park will have a more lush feel to it.

P4296142.JPG

Cruise ship in Frenchman's Bay outside of the town of Bar Harbor, with tenders bringing the guests in to the town dock. The town relies on vacationers during the summer to bring enough money in 4 months to allow the shop owners and restaurant owners live off of, for the entire year. Winters are too cold for the tourist trade.

P4296149.JPG

P4296150.JPG

that's the town....very new englander type town

P4296151.JPG

All the surrounding bays of Mount Desert Island have smaller islands in them....these shots are from Cadillac Mountain, the first point to see sunrise in the USA.

P4296153.JPG

P4296157.JPG

P4296158.JPG

P4296174.JPG

P4296185.JPG

you can walk over to some of the islands during low tide....we can have as much as a 15 foot spread between high and low tides here!

P4296188.JPG

P4296189.JPG

TO BE CONTINUED!

This is my and Matts favorite spot in the park! We visit it every year on our Anniversary Vacation there....

This woman, named Sarah Eliza Sigourney Cushing, who visited this spot in the late 1800's to early 1900's, loved this spot and a bench in granite was put in memory of her...

P4296191.JPG

P4296198.JPG

P4296199.JPG

THIS is what she looked out at:

P4296190.JPG

P4296194.JPG

P4296195.JPG

P4296200.JPG

P4296201.JPG

P4296205.JPG

P4296208.JPG

P4296209.JPG

P4296211.JPG

P4296215.JPG

Purdy pictures.
Does the rain in Maine fall mainly on the plain?

i wish it fell on ''the plain'' instead of here! we live on the coast and it has rained every day or if sunny in the day, at night.... for the past 6 weeks...i am beginning to feel like i live in Seattle!

So glad to see your lovely works, Care4all. Your state Maine is so dazzling. My late husband and I visited the Acadia National Park some years ago, and looking out at the beautiful Atlantic from a rocky view area was breathtaking. Thanks. It was a vacation of happy memories and solace for us. Thank you these many years later for bringing back a joyous memory of the fun it was to be with him and that one day with a very beautiful backdrop of Acadia National Park. ♡♡♡♡♡​

So glad to see your lovely works, Care4all. Your state Maine is so dazzling. My late husband and I visited the Acadia National Park some years ago, and looking out at the beautiful Atlantic from a rocky view area was breathtaking. Thanks. It was a vacation of happy memories and solace for us. Thank you these many years later for bringing back a joyous memory of the fun it was to be with him and that one day with a very beautiful backdrop of Acadia National Park. ♡♡♡♡♡​
Here it is, 10 years later from when those pictures were taken and it is still majestic, the most beautiful state I've ever lived! And I've lived in a dozen or so different states and territories.

Spring is my favorite time of the year in maine!! All the Wild fruit trees are in bloom in my yard, wild plum and wild apple trees! The last three days the hubby and I have been going out and sitting by one of our Apple trees from about 1pm to 4 pm...with snacks and cocktails and cameras in hand waiting for the variety of different birds to show up to feast on the Apple blooms...and pollinate them!...along with the bees! Mostly bumble bees, but other smaller bees too!

Just yesterday, we spotted 3 different species of birds we have never seen before!!!

Oh, and the hummingbirds are everywhere in the Apple trees.... The whole outside smells sweet like apples because of all of them blooming!

Last edited:
My Mom has a half-brother who lives in Maine. She's 86 and has never met him. We're planning on doing that in the fall.

I just got done with an epic road trip, driving from St. John's, Florida to Boston, out to Seattle, down to Newport OR, back to Boston and then back to Florida.

It's amazing how much unfettered natural beauty there is in this country. I love to travel internationally, and do as often as I can. But there's a whole lot to see right here at home...

It's amazing how much unfettered natural beauty there is in this country
So very true!

America the Beautiful
music2.gif

Words by Katharine Lee Bates, Melody by Samuel Ward

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood