Promising Young Woman.... yeah... that was awful.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
The bonz wanted to see this based on reviews...who sometimes are complete liars. And this is one of those times.
It is terrible. One of the worst films I have seen in a while.
Story line - a girl decides to get back at the male population in general for what a group of college frat boys did to a friend of hers.
Not something I really would have picked... but yeah.
The problems:
1) Acting. I can't really pick a single character in this film where the actor was much better than a made for TV special.
2) Characters. FFS - every single male figure in this movie is a monster. A mindless, ruthless sex crazed animal that all want to have sex with passed out drunk women.
The movie paints the entire male population as absolute dogs. All of them. Not even the one single male character who is the "good guy"... no wait... he is a piece of shit too.
3) Believability. Nothing in this film is remotely believable. No one does what the people in the film do. No one says these things, no one acts that way.
4) Critics are lying. Many of the critics took this film as a #metoo film. But once people started to see it - even feminist hate it. #metoo crowd hate it too... because all of heroine characters are maniacs, unstable whackos that end up dying trying to get those "evil white men".

I reluctantly give this thing 1.5 out of 5 stars.
Oh.... and both of us were surprised it is supposed to be a comedy... it is?? Where were the funny scenes? I must have blinked.

The bonz wanted to see this based on reviews...who sometimes are complete liars. And this is one of those times.
Story line - a girl decides to get back at the male population in general for what a group of college frat boys did to a friend of hers.
The problems:
1) Acting. I can't really pick a single character in this film where the actor was much better than a made for TV special.
2) Characters. FFS - every single male figure in this movie is a monster. A mindless, ruthless sex crazed animal that all want to have sex with passed out drunk women.
The movie paints the entire male population as absolute dogs. All of them. Not even the one single male character who is the "good guy"... no wait... he is a piece of shit too.
3) Believability. Nothing in this film is remotely believable. No one does what the people in the film do. No one says these things, no one acts that way.
4) Critics are lying. Many of the critics took this film as a #metoo film. But once people started to see it - even feminist hate it. #metoo crowd hate it too... because all of heroine characters are maniacs, unstable whackos that end up dying trying to get those "evil white men".

Oh.... and both of us were surprised it is supposed to be a comedy... it is?? Where were the funny scenes? I must have blinked.

you watched the whole thing?

The problems:

Well... despite the film making us white males selfish, evil and vile sex predators.... in reality... we sacrifice sometimes for our spouses.
She owes me one.

The problems:

I couldn't make it through the trailer

It sounds like a continuation of the Kavanaugh debacle. Poor Democrat victims. Always looking for someone to cry for them. Assholes.

Based on the arrested development of sealybobo.

Forum List

Back