Progress Happens

schmidlap

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2020
Just a break from the incessant bellywhinging.

Amidst the inevitable retrograde eddies, adverse currents, whirlpools, and headwinds, we advance.

Thou, too, sail on, O Ship of State!
Sail on, O Union, strong and great!
Humanity with all its fears,
With all the hopes of future years,
Is hanging breathless on thy fate!

Diversity is embraced, and equality extended, even as existential global challenges test our mettle.

Today in America, not only can neither state nor federal government arrest individuals of differing races who wed, but those of like gender are now accorded equal protection.

Even as hate crimes such as brutal attacks upon Asian-Americans have been on the upswing lately - as had attacks on Muslim-Americans before them - the long procession of scapegoat "others" are being increasingly welcomed into the community.

It was good when Black Americans and female Americans won full rights as citizens, and equality and inclusiveness remain as essential moral as well as practical goals. Drawing upon the entire talent pool, and not contriving to restrict it to any particular demographic, benefits the nation.

Despite the glitches, the pot holes and other holes that abound, it's not Pollyannaish to offset the Sturm und Drang with the long view.

6a00d8341c858253ef00e54f74f2ed8834-640wi.gif
I've got to admit it's getting better (Better)
A little better all the time (It can't get no worse)
I have to admit it's getting better (Better)
It's getting better since you've been mine
Getting so much better all the time!
Doomsayers are welcome to comment. Optimism and the alternative perspective are in no way mutually exclusive.

7RdExJ.gif

Last edited:
The trend throughout all of human history has always been towards liberalism and always will be

The trend throughout all of human history has always been towards liberalism and always will be
If you ran the history of the nation in reverse, it would end with a bunch of toothless, undocumented vagrants staggering off a boat and having to be taught the use of corncobs.

But you just called America the Greatest Nation in the History of Mankind
-SNIP-
Whether you realize it or not, it's hard work, but it's worth it.
For bed wetting leftist parasites like you to admit America has come a long way in repairing the generations worth of damage inflicted upon us by racist democrook traitors of the constitution I'm sure it's heart crushing to have to come to terms with what the DNC has done to racial relations since the republicrats freed your slaves. However the draconian racial division they're promoting now, that you're of course ignoring, is not making anything better. Not that it's designed to.

Last edited:
For bed wetting leftist parasites like you to admit America has come a long way in repairing the generations worth of damage inflicted upon us by racist democrook traitors of the constitution I'm sure it's heart crushing to have to come to terms with what the DNC has done to racial relations since the republicrats freed your slaves. However the draconian racial division they're promoting now, that you're of course ignoring, is not making anything better. Not that it's designed to.

Hyper-partisans may need to distort reality in such a manner, of course.

I accept the far greater diversity of one Party vs the homogeneity of the other as the manifest verdict of the American People in such matters.

Isn't it odd, then, how progressives are once again demanding segregation and race-based laws?
Oh look a guy from the party that will die before saying a black person's life matters has some fresh bullshit for us :rolleyes:
What a dumbass.

me: black people are capable of succeeding on their own without help from anyone

you: NUH UH NO THEIR NOT

Hyper-partisans may need to distort reality in such a manner, of course.

I accept the far greater diversity of one Party vs the homogeneity of the other as the manifest verdict of the American People in such matters.
Democrats may have diversity of race and other inborn, innate characteristics that people can't change. Whoopie. You pretend like any of that matters.

Identity politics is useless as hell. That's why Democrats rely on it.

Diversity of things people can't change. How about some diversity of thought? A black conservative speaks out, and Dems are ready to throw a rope over the nearest tree limb.

daveman said:
A black conservative speaks out, and Dems are ready to throw a rope over the nearest tree limb.

Lies like this do not serve your fanaticism. Once you resort to your fantasies, you soil yourself.

All Americans choose their Party based upon their preferences. The preferences of Black, Hispanic, and Asian-Americans are as self-determined as those of White Americans. Contemporary political affiliations are not formed based upon one's regard or contempt for Andrew Jackson or Abraham Lincoln.

Last edited:

Lies like this do not serve your fanaticism. Once you resort to your fantasies, you soil yourself.

All Americans choose their Party based upon their preferences. The preferences of Black, Hispanic, and Asian-Americans are as self-determined as those of White Americans. Contemporary political affiliations are not formed based upon one's regard or contempt for Andrew Jackson or Abraham Lincoln.
I spoke no lies. Just truths you find to be vastly uncomfortable.

I have no obligation to coddle your feelings.

daveman said:
I spoke no lies.
Then you can document your fake claim that, "A black conservative speaks out, and Dems are ready to throw a rope over the nearest tree limb."

Please cite your link. Or try to weasel out of it. Whichever you prefer.

daveman said:
I spoke no lies.
Then you can document your fake claim that, "A black conservative speaks out, and Dems are ready to throw a rope over the nearest tree limb."

Please cite your link. Or try to weasel out of it. Whichever you prefer.
It's a metaphor, genius.

Black conservatives are treated very poorly by black AND white Democrats.

Your acknowledgement is neither expected nor required.

bed-wetting.png

You don't realize it.....

But you just called America the Greatest Nation in the History of Mankind

oops

No he didn't, but you record of completely misconstruing what liberals say or mean, intact.

Every time you try to paraphrase what a liberal is saying, you get it dead wrong. Speak for yourself. You are incapable of interpreting others.

Forum List

Back