Profit not inflation

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I wasn't sure about putting this in the political section but it does all come back to this. For over 12 years we have had economic policies that piled trillions of dollars into the markets. Now with talk of pulling back on that, the record increases are addictive and must be supported it would seem.

This article (not from a highly biased site) is noting that much of the increase in prices is simply business chasing yearly record profits.

Fattest Profits Since 1950 Debunk Inflation Story Spun by CEOs

I wasn't sure about putting this in the political section but it does all come back to this. For over 12 years we have had economic policies that piled trillions of dollars into the markets. Now with talk of pulling back on that, the record increases are addictive and must be supported it would seem.

This article (not from a highly biased site) is noting that much of the increase in prices is simply business chasing yearly record profits.

not sure if you know this but a company needs to have profits to maintain the business and pay their employees,,

not sure if you know this but a company needs to have profits to maintain the business and pay their employees,,

They absolutely do BUT Wall Street has made it so that they must show yearly record profits or Wall Street hammers them. It's not good enough to once again make $10 billion in profit, you have to make $12 billion.

They absolutely do BUT Wall Street has made it so that they must show yearly record profits or Wall Street hammers them. It's not good enough to once again make $10 billion in profit, you have to make $12 billion.
first off this last yr shouldnt be used for a metric due to government/covid effect where it was intentional redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich,,
2nd is if you dont like the company dont buy from them,,

Two things.

1. Yahoo absolutely IS a highly biased site.

2. Wall Street is using the same metric they have always used. Companies forecast their expected earnings and then Wall Street rewards or punish them based upon meeting that expectation.

Two things.

1. Yahoo absolutely IS a highly biased site.

If you had bothered to read the article you would have understood it was a Bloomberg article.

2. Wall Street is using the same metric they have always used. Companies forecast their expected earnings and then Wall Street rewards or punish them based upon meeting that expectation.

The expectations is record profits regardless.

If you had bothered to read the article you would have understood it was a Bloomberg article.

The expectations is record profits regardless.
The expectations are forecasted based on internal estimations of earnings by the company.

yahoo.com and all its variants ARE absolutely highly biased. The fact they link a Bloomberg article (not an unbiased company or website) doesn't change that. In fact, their linking of such an article must meet their agenda in some way.

Care to take a guess at how that article helps them with their agenda? You've been stating it all along.

Anyone who believes that profits cause inflation is an ignorant communist.

Government cause inflation by creating money. That's the only way to create inflation.

Anyone who believes that profits cause inflation is an ignorant communist.

Government cause inflation by creating money. That's the only way to create inflation.

Creating money is a big driver. I've condemned that for years and years and I get called out for that also. But we have all this "created" money floating around which is what allows a business to raise and raise and raise prices.

If you want to argue it all starts with "creating" money, I won't disagree and I have argued forever to stop it.

Creating money is a big driver. I've condemned that for years and years and I get called out for that also. But we have all this "created" money floating around which is what allows a business to raise and raise and raise prices.

If you want to argue it all starts with "creating" money, I won't disagree and I have argued forever to stop it.
It's the only driver. up until the creation of the Federal Reserve we had no inflation. Since the creation of the Federal Reserve, with the authority to create fiat money, the dollar has depreciated by 96%.

The cause of inflation is obvious.

Forum List

Back