Professor threatens reporter with a machete

Are you seriously pretending you never heard of this? Man, what are they teaching kids in school today?

"Well, the way in which we measure it is—I think most scholars would say—is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense,” Biden said. “I did one of these town-hall meetings on the Internet and one guy said, “Well, what happens when the end days come? What happens when there’s the earthquake? I live in California, and I have to protect myself.” I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you. Now, granted, you can come back and say, “Well, a machine gun could do a better job of protecting me.” No one’s arguing we should make machine guns legal."

More advice from Joe Biden: 'Just fire the shotgun through the door'

Vice President Joe Biden told Field & Stream magazine in an interview published Monday, "[if] you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/02/28/biden-advises-shooting-shotgun-through-door

Biden did once say, "[If] you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

How many citations do you need to admit it's no lie and that he actually said it?
Don't see anything there about shooting at someone because they rang your doorbell.

Keep trying.

Don't see anything there about shooting at someone because they rang your doorbell.

Keep trying.
And you went with choice number three, split hairs to pretend he didn't say what he said.

The bottom line remains, the president is on record as recommending you keep people away from your house by shooting a shotgun at them through the door. Apparently, you're supposed to look through the window, and as people approach your house, let them get a certain distance from your door and blast away. I thought that was a remarkably stupid thing to recommend and an equally stupid thing to say, don't you? He even went a step further and recommended you shoot them BEFORE they ring the doorbell. You know, to keep them away from your house.

Hey, who are we to second guess the president? He's supposed to know stuff, right?

And you went with choice number three, split hairs to pretend he didn't say what he said.

The bottom line remains, the president is on record as recommending you keep people away from your house by shooting a shotgun at them through the door. Apparently, you're supposed to look through the window, and as people approach your house, let them get a certain distance from your door and blast away. I thought that was a remarkably stupid thing to recommend and an equally stupid thing to say, don't you? He even went a step further and recommended you shoot them BEFORE they ring the doorbell. You know, to keep them away from your house.

Hey, who are we to second guess the president? He's supposed to know stuff, right?
biden is in pluto l,ol

He was talking about the advantage of a shotgun over an assault rifle in terms of personal defense.
Am I to take it you support the President's intent to ban all assault rifles?
No?
Then maybe taking quotes out of context isn't such a good idea beyond the fact it makes you a liar, LIAR.

He was talking about the advantage of a shotgun over an assault rifle in terms of personal defense.
Am I to take it you support the President's intent to ban all assault rifles?
No?
Then maybe taking quotes out of context isn't such a good idea beyond the fact it makes you a liar, LIAR.
And you keep digging the hole deeper. The bottom line remains that the president advised people to get a shotgun and shoot through the door to keep people away from their house. No matter how you sugarcoat it, that's just a stupid thing to say.

And you keep digging the hole deeper. The bottom line remains that the president advised people to get a shotgun and shoot through the door to keep people away from their house. No matter how you sugarcoat it, that's just a stupid thing to say.
Quoting out of context is lying, LIAR!

Quoting out of context is lying, LIAR!
What context could make the president's remarks any less stupid? You NEVER shoot blindly through a door just to keep people away from your house, but that's the level of intellectual rigor I've come to expect from him.

What context could make the president's remarks any less stupid?
Quoting hadit quoting Biden:
“I did one of these town-hall meetings on the Internet and one guy said, “Well, what happens when the end days come? What happens when there’s the earthquake? I live in California, and I have to protect myself.”
giphy.gif

Pretty narrow context. Trying to respond seriously to a nutcase. Obviously a dumb idea.. Then again, here I am addressing your nonsense!

Last edited:
Quoting hadit quoting Biden:

giphy.gif

Pretty narrow context. Trying to respond seriously to a nutcase. Obviously a dumb idea.. Then again, here I am addressing your nonsense!
Hmmm, in a natural disaster, when people are desperately searching for food, shelter and assistance, my first response is to shoot blindly through my door to keep them away? I think I would want to make sure I know who I'm shooting at first. That's the point, the president said to shoot through the door just to keep them away from your house. Not see if they're there to harm you, shoot blindly through the door. Ludicrous.

What context could make the president's remarks any less stupid? You NEVER shoot blindly through a door just to keep people away from your house, but that's the level of intellectual rigor I've come to expect from him.
Yet when a white guy does it to a Black kid you blame the kid.
LIAR.
Biden was discussing the stupidity of doing that with an AR.

Yet when a white guy does it to a Black kid you blame the kid.
LIAR.
Reference where I said that. Failing, feel free to admit you made it up.
Biden was discussing the stupidity of doing that with an AR.
And said he wanted us to use a shotgun to do it. Interesting how you have to interpret what he was saying when he didn't say that.

Reference where I said that. Failing, feel free to admit you made it up.

And said he wanted us to use a shotgun to do it. Interesting how you have to interpret what he was saying when he didn't say that.
Lies and more lies. LIAR

In the mirror, LIAR
Still can't find where I said what you so confidently thought I did. Why am I not surprised that you won't own up to it? Isn't that kind of like, oh I don't know, LYING?

Hmmm, in a natural disaster,
Pull the other one, tinkerbell. Again,

“Well, what happens when the end days come? What happens when there’s the earthquake? I live in California, and I have to protect myself.”

The "end days" is no "natural disaster". The point was the question was "ludicrous" so deserved only an absurd response,.. if any.

What if I see Mr. Death coming? Excuse me, Mr. Death. Which do you suppose repels you better, a shotgun or a semiautomatic rifle? Hey, ya think he'll let us take our guns?

Forum List

Back