Professor refuses to use Trans pronouns.

And yet, you lie.

I cannot honestly claim that I am always 100% honest, that I never lie. But I rarely do.

At least I am not a pathological liar, as you are, who not only is incapable of ever telling the truth, but who is obsessed with forcing others to lie and to play along with lies.

You certainly are in no position to cast any judgement on my level of honesty. You're nowhere close to any such position.

Your "rarely" isn't so rare. You just keep at it calling others liars while hammering at the importance of honesty.

Glass houses and all.
Really?

So someone may occasionally lie. The 'White' lie to save someone's feelings.

Do you equate that as an opening to force someone to lie to fit the agenda of another as acceptable?

It's also important to consider the very large difference between me freely choosing, on my own, to tell a lie, and someone forcing me to lie when I don't want to.

Whether or not I've done a certain thing a hundred times in the past, it's STILL my choice alone whether or not I do it the 101st time. And it's still wrong for someone else to force me to do it.

What is the big deal about respecting a person? What does it have to do with religion?
Respect?

It is not respect to cater to crazy people fantasies...it far from it.

Pretending a guy is a girl and vice versa is unethical.

If you are guy that wants to be girl, I am calling you a guy because you are guy..

Ok...so, if I want to call you a girl, because I want to - that's ok right? It doesn't matter what you request.

It doesn't matter what I request....and I am btw a girl...well old broad atleast so close enough.

You should not pretend a crazy a persons delusions are real----it is unethical and dangerous and very dishonest.

It's not pretending anything - it's just not judging a person and assuming they are a delusional nut because you don't agree.

If they aren't a delusional nut, you're just being an ass.

If they are a delusional nut, you aren't going to change their minds by attacking them. It's not dangerous. Nor is it unethical.

There are a lot of folks out there that it's just hard sometimes to determine what their gender is. What makes you the decider?
It's catering to the delusions-------a guy wanting to be a woman is still a guy. To call him female is dishonest and unethical. Which btw----all of these people are nuts---its not a "body problem"------its that their Brain isn't working quit right---its a mental problem which likely explains the high incidents of drug abuse, suicides, prison sentences, and oh yeah being officially declared nuts.

I think it's a lot more complicated than that and yes...it's a "brain problem" - a female brain in a male body or vice versa. There was a study that used MRI's to image male and female brains, and there were distinct differences in what portions lit up in different activities. In transgender people - their brains showed the same differences, with the gender they identified with. So it's not just a "mental problem"...it really is a problem somehow in the brain's development and wiring, maybe.

Given that, how does it help or how is it beneficial to insist on using the pronouns you want, rather than the ones they want?
Personal integrity.

So it helps you, but not the other person.

And their insistence that we all play pretend with them or else helps THEM, but not us.
You're firing on all cylinders 1200. I don't need to respond here anymore..lol

Can I call you "she"?

You could, but it would be untrue. The student involved was/is a BIOLOGICAL female. That is a FACT. Telling me that I MUST refer to her as "him" is forcing me to LIE.

Why does lying only seem matter when it comes to issues involving homosexuality/transgender....it's a very selectively applied sin.

People lie all the time. They lie when they say the most boring talk they ever listened to was "good". They lie when their friend makes a horrible birthday cake and they say it was "delicious". They lie when you ask them "does this make my butt look fat" and they say "no". But, they won't lie when a person requests that you refer to them as "he/him" or "she/her".
If someone chooses to tell a lie it is their decision. And some won't lie even then. You want to force others to lie. Take that choice away. You, who I suspect is a firm believer in my body my choice, would rip that choice out of everyone's mouth.

No. I don't believe in compulsion. What I'm saying, again, is - why do you have to make it a huge deal? Why not be kind and respectful by choice? :dunno:
Submit willingly.

You are way too obsessed with submission.
Nope. That's exactly what it's about.

So you
And yet, you lie.

I cannot honestly claim that I am always 100% honest, that I never lie. But I rarely do.

At least I am not a pathological liar, as you are, who not only is incapable of ever telling the truth, but who is obsessed with forcing others to lie and to play along with lies.

You certainly are in no position to cast any judgement on my level of honesty. You're nowhere close to any such position.

Your "rarely" isn't so rare. You just keep at it calling others liars while hammering at the importance of honesty.

Glass houses and all.
Really?

So someone may occasionally lie. The 'White' lie to save someone's feelings.

Do you equate that as an opening to force someone to lie to fit the agenda of another as acceptable?

Who said anything about force? Nowhere have I stated that.

Isn't choosing to use a person's preferred pronoun, even if you don't agree, a perfect example of the 'White' lie to save someone's feelings?
The Professor is being "Forced". How long until we are all 'Forced'?

No, it is not. I use a 'White' lie to save the feelings of someone I care about. A stranger, demanding that I use language that isn't correct, is not someone I would ever care about.
Sometimes it isn't even a good idea to tell someone a white lie to spare feelings.

Forcing people to lie about small things is just foundation to force them to lie about big things. Get people used to lying and accepting others lying.

These creatures are mentally ill.
Most Republicans do not share Republican politicians' eagerness to legislate discrimination.
Republicans And Democrats Largely Oppose
Transgender Sports Legislation, Poll Shows
In at least 30 states nationwide, lawmakers have introduced bills aiming to keep transgender girls and women from participating on girls' and women's sports teams.... Republican lawmakers being the loudest proponents of such bills...​
But a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll finds that Republican voters aren't that enthusiastic about those proposed laws, even while they do have reservations about transgender sports participation.​
Just 29% of Republicans said they "support a bill that prohibits transgender student athletes from joining sports teams that match their gender identity." Moreover, there was no significant party divide: Similar shares of Republicans, Democrats and independents also said they oppose the bills...​

If you are a guy that wants to be girl, I am calling you a guy because you are guy..
You seem to find it onerous to simply respect a person's right to her identity.

If someone wishes to be addressed as Mr, Mrs, or Ms, I find no difficulty in accommodating that person without my first conducting a physical or mental examination, or insisting that I need to impose my preference upon her.

Is Gender Dysphoria a mental condition? It is listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) published by the American Psychiatric Association.

If someone has OCD and compulsively washes her hands, I find no need to discriminate against her.

Caitlyn Jenner has taken up Donald Trump’s offer and urinated in the women’s bathroom at one of his luxury buildings, sharing the entire event on her Facebook page.
“Oh my god, a trans woman in New York. I got to pee,” Jenner says before “stumbling” upon the Trump International Hotel in New York City.
Trump said last week that he believes transgender people should be able to use whichever bathroom they choose.

New Topics

Forum List

Back