Problems with the NSA and Susan Rice

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Read the entire piece, the author is no Trump fan either, but he also sheds light on the person of Susan Rice which is unlikely to be seen in the MSM.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Susan Rice is a deeply unpopular figure with our Intelligence Community. Her abrasive personality and overall incompetence grated on the IC. Her habitually coarse language was inflicted on senior intelligence officials more than once, while nobody outside Obama’s inner circle considered Rice even marginally competent at her job. Simply put, she was the worst National Security Adviser in American history—at least until Mike Flynn’s dismally failed three-week tenure.

In addition, Rice didn’t like to play by the rules, including the top-secret ones. On multiple occasions, she asked the NSA to do things they regarded as unethical and perhaps illegal. When she was turned down—the NSA fears breaking laws for any White House, since they know they will be left holding the bag in the end—Rice kept pushing.

As a longtime NSA official who experienced Rice’s wrath more than once told me, “We tried to tell her to pound sand on some things, but it wasn’t allowed—we were always overruled.” On multiple occasions, Rice got top Agency leadership to approve things which NSA personnel on the front end of the spy business refused. This means there may be something Congress and the FBI need to investigate here.

Trump Has a Problem With NSA?But So Does Obama | Observer

An old thread that never went anywhere, but I figured I'd bump it since all those crap claims by Trump and his supporters about Susan Rice have been proven to be just more lies.

Forum List

Back