Problems with Federal Death for Roof

And there is NO requirement that an all white jury can not sit for a black defendant. That is not what was the reason, As I recall the Prosecution excluded blacks illegally.
Yes there is..
An all white white jury and a white judge raised to hate blacks isn't allowed to harm blacks with the law.

And that's why he was released.
Thank you.

{Having dropped off Royster, Carter was now being driven home by Artis; they were stopped again at 3:00 AM, and ordered to follow the police to the station, where they were arrested. However, variances in descriptions given by Valentine and Bello, the physical characteristics of the attackers provided by the two survivors, lack of forensic evidence, and the timeline provided by the police were key factors in the conviction being overturned in 1985.[20]} quoted from Rubin Carter - Wikipedia

So much for your claim.

The federal government is not supposed to have any jurisdiction over anything like this.
The Constitution does not allow for it.

And obviously, since it was not a crime of greed or even any chance of escape, this was a crime of the criminally insane.
He should not be in a prison population where he would just harm others.
He should be secluded in a mental facility.

Problems with the trial of Dylann Roof.

#1. Dylann Roof should never have been allowed to represent himself, on the basis of the successful attempt to avoid his mental health history and diagnosis from being testified to in court, as well as on the basis of his age, even though he was legally an adult, he was by no means mature enough to provide himself with competent representation, and the fact that he simply wanted to shock the court with his ideology.

#2. Dylann Roof committed his crime in 2015, and as such, without a new method of execution that doesn't rely on medicine or any other humanity, sentencing Roof to death is little more than symbolic.

#3. Dylann Roof's case is complicated by the fact that he is under two different, conflicting opposite capital sentences from two different judicial authorities.

#4. The federal death penalty has the same problems as the more commonly carried out state death penalties and often, because of the nature of those on federal death row, the feds even have less effect on criminality.

On Federal death, you're looking at Tim mcveigh who was motivated by far right wing radical and violent ideology and sympathies for the Arab terrorists, and for randy weaver and the branch davidians.

The Rosenbergs who sought to assist the soviet union with American nuclear secrets.

Tsarnaev who is of radical Islam and who sees reward in death after his bad deeds.

:p

Oh, and number 5...

None of the jurors on Roof's state or federal case were his peers.

WillHaftawaite

Oh really, Dylann Roof's peers were in 2015, in their early 20s with less than a high school education to favor the defense, or with no more than a blue collar trade skill to favor the prosecution.

One of the Jurors was an international businessman who was on a business trip on an airplane when he was summoned.

None were in their early 20s, none lacked an education and none felt disenfranchised in any way, at least the same type of way as Roof.

Then what does it mean if a rich college educated international businessman with a heaven on earth life, can judge a poor kid half his age or less?

21 isn't a juvenile

Oh please gimme a fuckin' break...
The right commits murder all the time like this..
And in fact Dylann Roof was radicalized by how far right wing the standard Republicans are..
His ideology is a very little hop, skip and jump from it...
Infact he was welcomed to it by your right wingers.

This is what you get when you fill the heads of children with right wing ideogy that they cant understand and dont..
and don't have the emotional maturity to control what the bullshit they will accept as normal or as their truth..

Some will turn out like him.
:)

He has the right to a jury of 21 year olds..
21 year olds are allowed on juries...
And that isn't asking for an acquittal..
That's asking for some level of parity of maturity and education and lifestyle and understanding.

If you're elderly and white, you are entitled to a jury of old white grandmother's.
Period.
The USA isn't nazi Germany although the Republicans are trying to turn the USA into that.
But it isn't there yet.

In the mind of a kid, and infact increasingly in reality there is little or no difference between a republican and a nazi.

The only thing that's bullshit is you and the GOP..
And you're going to find out this November even though gladly I'm out of it.

That's not the case, and cases have been overturned because of it.

They have to share your culture, your general age group, your socioeconomic status.
That's peerage.

And in fact not only are peers not just " fellow citizens"..
But changes of venue are also permitted to ensure fair trials..

For instance if I did a crime in Philadelphia, I can certainly ask for a change of venue, because I grew up with parents from New York and New Jersey..
And went to school and spent 8 hours a day in Montgomery County..

And I spent the rest of the time not with my peers but with my dads peers.

And my behavior, reasoning and thoughts and culture is not of Philadelphia.

:)

That's not how we work and that's not how out system of justice works.

Because what you in your nazism call "games" is the law.

You are a fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back