Pro-Trump Discussion Board Faces Possible Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
All criticism of Liberals is going to be suppressed and punished.
This is about hate speech..

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HATE SPEECH, Butthole! That is an invention of the Left. There is only hate of speech by the radicalized fascist Left that they don't like.

America was FOUNDED on FREEDOM of speech, especially if it was unpopular and controversial. It is the cornerstone of our society. It is what has allowed us to keep an open society where we have a government accountable to the people, rather than a people accountable to the government.

• Freeing the blacks was unpopular speech.
  • Suffrage for women was unpopular speech.
  • All my life there have been protests and riots and upwellings in the interests of fighting corruption and human rights.

First comes "hate-speech," then comes supervision and moderation, then comes surveillance, suspicion and reporting for disallowed thoughts and discussion, finally comes suppression, oppression and a police state for unapproved discussion. In the end, all you have is the fear and darkness you sought to escape from rather than the liberty and enlightenment you thought you were creating.

THOUGHTCRIME WILL BE HARSHLY PUNISHED

Keep your racism to your thoughts and you will be fine.
Now you get to prove I've ever said anything racist. Get busy.

It's what the article is about. You either have a problem with the site hosts not wanting to be associated or not.
I support the First Amendment and the right to free speech, no matter how reprehensible that speech may be.

You demonstrate you support only ideas you agree with.

I also support rules being enforced fairly for all.

You don't seem to like that much, either.

Free speech has nothing to do with this.
Yes, that's what people who oppose free speech always say.

But, hey, I guess you're okay with bakeries refusing to make custom cakes for gay weddings now, huh?

Keep your racism to your thoughts and you will be fine.
Now you get to prove I've ever said anything racist. Get busy.
Learn to read dumbass. He’s accusing you of having racist thoughts, not racist utterances.

And if he’s not accusing you, I certainly am.
I'm accusing you of having no thoughts at all.

One of us is right. Hint: It's me.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HATE SPEECH, Butthole! That is an invention of the Left. There is only hate of speech by the radicalized fascist Left that they don't like.

America was FOUNDED on FREEDOM of speech, especially if it was unpopular and controversial. It is the cornerstone of our society. It is what has allowed us to keep an open society where we have a government accountable to the people, rather than a people accountable to the government.

• Freeing the blacks was unpopular speech.
  • Suffrage for women was unpopular speech.
  • All my life there have been protests and riots and upwellings in the interests of fighting corruption and human rights.

First comes "hate-speech," then comes supervision and moderation, then comes surveillance, suspicion and reporting for disallowed thoughts and discussion, finally comes suppression, oppression and a police state for unapproved discussion. In the end, all you have is the fear and darkness you sought to escape rather than the liberty and enlightenment you thought you were creating.
Hate speech, is simply speech that incites hate, for the mentally deficient on the board.

Last edited:
Nope
E
Encouraging violence and racism isn't a thought crime, it's an actual crime.

Um, that's YOUR leaders doing that, silly boi.
Nope, 'fraid not.

Sorry for your luck.

Sorry you're an idiot.

What do you think videos from RWNJ "media" with out if context quotes proves?

They are IN context. You have to lie to make a point. That means you have no point.

‘“They need to recognize the critical role they play as an inspirational place rather than a hotbed of extremism,” Mr. Davis said. “Epik has no tolerance for anything that incites hate or violence.” If the site didn’t fix the problem speedily, he added, “they’re gone from Epik and it will be hard for them to get service anywhere.”’ ibid

Private companies are at liberty to have as clients whomever they wish – or not.

Indeed, it’s a fundamental tenet of freedom of association.
Oh, good! So you too support the right of bakers to not bake cakes for gay weddings!

This story is a cautionary tale..of what can happen without good moderation on a discussion board--the moderators literally staged a coup, and turned the site into a shitshow..that may well lose its platform!

...An influential pro-Trump discussion board active in the buildup to Jan. 6 faces the prospect of being shut down by its web-hosting company for allegedly fostering white supremacist and violent extremism.
Robert Davis, senior vice president of Epik Inc., told The Wall Street Journal his firm warned TheDonald.Win it might be dropped within days if it fails to better cull what he said are discussions glorifying violence, propagating white supremacy and fomenting extremism.
“They need to recognize the critical role they play as an inspirational place rather than a hotbed of extremism,” Mr. Davis said. “Epik has no tolerance for anything that incites hate or violence.” If the site didn’t fix the problem speedily, he added, “they’re gone from Epik and it will be hard for them to get service anywhere.”
TheDonald.Win has been identified by law enforcement and analysts as an important online staging platform for the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol that federal prosecutors are investigating as a seditious act and President-Elect Biden characterized as domestic terrorism. Recent posts on the forum viewed by the Journal have included further calls for violence, including a threat to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi about which the FBI was informed, according to people familiar with the matter.
The owner of the domain TheDonald.Win, Jody Williams, said he has been trying for months to purge a surging tide of violent, racist and anti-Semitic postings, an effort he said has triggered multiple daily death threats from censored posters against him and his family. Mr. Williams said a small cluster of the site’s most powerful moderators—including one who controls its code—have thwarted his efforts to rein in such content even as it grew over the last 10 months.
Mr. Davis of Epik said he believed that the platform TheDonald.Win, like some others, has been increasingly permeated by white supremacists and other extremist groups and the site’s moderators failed to take sufficient action. “There are threads that need to be pulled out,” he said, “Moderators have taken their eye off the ball.”
Site traffic on the discussion board, which grew out of the popular /The_Donald Reddit board that was shut down in June 2020 for violating Reddit’s rules on harassment, doubled in the last quarter of the year to more than 16 million visits in December, according to web analytics.
Mr. Williams said at the start of last year, volunteer moderators were able to successfully weed out racist, anti-Semitic and violent posts, deleting an average 3,400 such entries out of an overall daily total of some 100,000 posts a day and ousting offenders.
Posts violating the site’s rules on racist, violent and extremist content surged, he said, which in turn “acted like a bat signal to the people we had fought so hard to keep out.”

Mr. Williams said he doubled the number of moderators from about 15 to 30 since the November election to keep up with the accelerating growth in site traffic. Several moderators who had fought an internal battle against the permissive moderators left the site in the wake of the Capitol attack, dispirited by the blame directed at site, worried about legal liabilities and scared of violent reprisals amid an avalanche of subsequent threats, he said.

As Epik warned the site in prior weeks about long-building vetting concerns, Mr. Williams said tensions escalated among divided moderators. After three FBI requests about users because of threatening posts and Epik’s latest threats to shut down the site, Mr. Williams said one top controlling moderator responded to a final plea for better oversight with a note saying, “Or we could just not be pussies.”
Critics question whether Epik applies its “zero-tolerance” principle aggressively enough. Mr. Davis rejects criticisms of the company as a haven for white supremacists as unfair, saying the firm tries to encourage free speech without fostering extremism and seeks to persuade site owners to better vet discourse on its sites instead of simply shutting sites down.

Yeah, the big tech, and dems are just doing what every NAZI has ever done. Shut down dissent. So, are you going to be a participant in the upcoming Reichstag attack and then try and blame Trump people for it?

You guys aren't very smart you know. It's been done more than once.
Your not very smart you know..as your tired violations of Godwin's Law testify. I note with some amusement the proliferation of the Nazi meme in the last 36 hours on social media and the use of the Reichstag reference. I guess you guys got your doggie whistles eh?

Take your godwin and shove him up your ass. Free Speech is a cornerstone of this country. You don't like, move to china where they control what you can say. THIS country was founded on the principle that anyone can say any stupid thing they want. Only NAZI's, and their ilk, are deperate to control speech.

It's called HISTORY, you should read some.
Whomever references ‘Nazis’ has lost the argument.

No, you’re not smart at all.

What do you call people who act like NAZI's? I call them NAZI's. The fact that it is you and yours I can see how you would try and suppress that. That's what NAZI's do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back