Pro Terrorists Rally in DC Today

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Today the liberal media will be giving glowing coverage of the liberal peace niks today, as they show their supprot for terrorists and their distain for America

Last time this pot head throwbacks from the 1906's held a rally, the liberal media "reported" hundreds of thousands were there - while photos showed there were many 25,000

I am sure no matter how many of these liberal moonbats turn out today the liberal media will multiply the number by a factor of five

Another example of the unbiased reporting on CNN

CNN's Holmes: Antiwar Blogger Is Doing 'Some Great Stuff'
Posted by Michael M. Bates on March 17, 2007 - 13:53.
On this morning's CNN Newsroom, anchor T.J. Holmes interviewed an Alabama 16-year-old who for the past two years has run an anti-Iraq war Web site.

Holmes began by pointing out to the girl, "Of course, your message is anti-war, not anti-troops." He then asked her about death threats she claims she's received.

He next asked her if she'd be endorsing a presidential candidate for 2008 based on their views on Iraq and wrapped up the interview with an enthusiastic plug for her anti-war site:

"Wow. It sounds like they all need to be after your endorsement right now. Ava Lowery, again, 16-years-old, been keeping up with that blog. It's some great stuff you're doing. It's peacetakescourage.com. Folks, check it out."

Oh, yeah, it's some great stuff she's doing. According to the Web site, the girl's "unflappable determination has drawn its share of persecution, as well. Ava received death threats from angry Bush supporters after a particularly tragic piece, 'WWJD,' a heartbreaking montage of photos of wounded and bloodied Iraqi children shown while a child sings 'Jesus Loves Me.' Many wonderful people came to Ava's defense. Cindy Sheehan wrote an article of support for her 'new friend... (who) is disgusted with the war and with the Bush regime.'"

A young Cindy Sheehan in the making. No wonder T.J. Holmes thinks "it's some great stuff (she's) doing" and wants folks to check it out.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11481

The pro terrorist rally in DC seems to be a flop. A measly turnout of hundreds according to CNN

I wonder how the Bush haters and the liberal media will blame Pres Bush for this?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Hundreds of anti-war demonstrators and supporters of the U.S. policy in Iraq shouted at each other Saturday from opposite sides of a street bordering the National Mall as protesters formed a march to the Pentagon to denounce a war entering its fifth year.

The anti-war group carried signs saying "U.S. Out of Iraq Now," "Stop Iraq War, No Iran War, Impeach" and "Illegal Combat." The other side carried signs saying "Peace Through Strength," "al Qaeda Appeasers On Parade" and "We Are At War, Liberals Root For the Enemy."

Police on horseback and foot separated the demonstrators, who were on opposite sides of Constitution Avenue in view of the Lincoln Memorial. Barriers also kept them apart. (See the results of CNN's latest poll on whether Americans think the war is worth it)

Cheryl Davis, 62, a library assistant from Celina, Ohio, endured a nine-hour overnight drive in the wake of a late-winter storm to raise her voice against the conflict that has killed more than 3,200 members of the U.S. armed forces. "I just want peace," she said. "I just have to do my part." She had supported the Vietnam War when her ex-husband fought in it.

Protesters met at the starting point of the epic 1967 march on the Pentagon, which began peacefully but turned ugly in clashes between authorities and more radical elements of the crowd. More than 600 were arrested that day. It was there that anti-war activist Abbie Hoffman led the masses in chants, with the fanciful goal of levitating the building.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/17/iraq.protest.ap/index.html

What gives? CNN say hundreds - MSNBC says thousands. From the TV pictures I say the turnout was dismal

Anti-war protesters gather in Washington
Christian group calls Iraq war ‘offense against God’; police arrest hundreds

WASHINGTON - Denouncing a conflict entering its fifth year, protesters raised their voices Saturday against U.S. policy in Iraq and marched by the thousands to the Pentagon in the footsteps of an epic demonstration four decades ago against another divisive war.

A counterprotest shadowed the anti-war crowd on a day of dueling signs and sentiments such as “Illegal Combat” and “Peace Through Strength,” and songs like “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” and “War (What’s It Good For?).”

Thousands crossed the Memorial Bridge over the Potomac River from the Lincoln Memorial to rally as close to the Pentagon as they could get. Smaller protests were organized across the country and held abroad, stretching to Tuesday’s four-year anniversary of the Iraq invasion.

“Too many people have died and it doesn’t solve anything,” said Ann O’Grady, who drove through snow with her husband, Tom, and two children, 13 and 10, from Athens, Ohio. “I feel bad carrying out my daily activities while people are suffering, Americans and Iraqis.”

Retired Marine Jeff Carroll, 47, an electrician in Milton, Del., held a sign saying: “Proud of our soldiers, ashamed of our president.” Carroll said he served in Lebanon when the Marine barracks was bombed in a deadly attack in 1983, and thinks the U.S. should be focusing on Afghanistan and Osama bin Laden instead of Iraq. “We’re fighting the wrong country.”

Police on horseback and foot separated the two groups of demonstrators, who shouted at each other from opposite sides of Constitution Avenue in view of the Lincoln Memorial before the anti-war group marched. Barriers also kept them apart.

Protesters walked in a blustery, cold wind across the Potomac River with motorcycles clearing their way and police boats and helicopters watching.

The anti-war group carried signs saying “U.S. Out of Iraq Now,” “Stop Iraq War, No Iran War, Impeach.” The other side carried signs saying “al-Qaida Appeasers On Parade” and “Fight Jihad Not GIs.”

‘I’m not sure I’m in support’
Protesters met at the starting point of the Oct. 21, 1967, march on the Pentagon, which began peacefully but turned ugly in clashes between authorities and more radical elements of the estimated crowd of 50,000 on the plaza in front of the Defense Department’s headquarters. More than 600 were arrested that day.

That protest has lived on in the popular imagination because of the crowd’s attempts to lift the Pentagon off the ground with their chants; they fell short of their fanciful goal.

Organizers of the Saturday protest did not anticipate numbers comparable to those of the Vietnam era. Authorities no longer give crowd estimates publicly.

Veterans, some from the Rolling Thunder motorcycle group, lined up at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and waved U.S, POW-MIA and military-unit flags. Not all were committed to the U.S. course in Iraq, however.

“I’m not sure I’m in support of the war,” said William “Skip” Publicover of Charleston, S.C., who was a swift boat gunner in Vietnam and lost two friends whose names are etched on the memorial’s wall. “I learned in Vietnam that it’s difficult if not impossible to win the hearts and minds of the people.”

‘We didn’t lose the war in Vietnam’
But Larry Stimeling, 57, a Vietnam veteran from Morton, Ill., said the loss of public support for the Iraq war mirrors what happened in Vietnam and leaves troops without the backing they need.

“We didn’t lose the war in Vietnam, we lost it right here on this same ground,” he said, pointing to the grass on the National Mall. “It’s the same thing now.”

Henry Sowell, 22, Raleigh N.C., who fought with the Marines in Iraq in 2005, asserted that anti-war protesters were “taking away what my buddies died for and what I fought for.”

Some active-duty service members joined the anti-war protest, following rules that allow them to demonstrate but limit what they can say.

Speaking into a microphone hooked to massive speakers, Petty Officer Jonathan Hutto, who is on active duty with the Navy, told the crowd that the people had voted against the war in the November elections and “we’re here to cash the check.”

Rallies also were planned in Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, Oklahoma City, Hartford, Conn., and Lincoln, Neb.

Overseas, more than 3,000 people protested peacefully in Istanbul, Turkey, and about 1,000 in Athens, Greece.

‘I just want peace’
Cheryl Davis, 62, a library assistant from Celina, Ohio, endured a nine-hour overnight drive in the wake of a late-winter storm to raise her voice against the conflict that has killed more than 3,200 members of the U.S. armed forces. “I just want peace,” she said. “I just have to do my part.” She had supported the Vietnam War when her ex-husband fought in it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17655224/

To republicans its about winning and losing. NAH NAH I won..You lost..HAHAHA..

To Democrats its about saving "AMERICAN" lives and having less blodshed.

But of course Red States Openly admitted he is willing to sacrifice 300 Million American lives to win the WOT... I think the post got removed where I asked red states this question so I will ask it again...

Red States, if you are so willilng to sacrifice so many lives how come YOU have never enlisted. How come you are not over there fighting. I assume since YOU are willing to sacrifice 300 Million like you said, and you were not being sarcastic, then how come you are not over there fighting? Could it be perhaps that this cause to you is worth someone elses life but not your own? I will anxiously await this answer.

"What gives? CNN say hundreds - MSNBC says thousands. From the TV pictures I say the turnout was dismal"

RedStates, did you notice during the toppling of the Saddam statue during the initial invasion, FAUX tried to make it look large crowed when it fact it was only a handful after the camera's were pulled back from the zoom in.

Today the liberal media will be giving glowing coverage of the liberal peace niks today, as they show their supprot for terrorists and their distain for America

Last time this pot head throwbacks from the 1906's held a rally, the liberal media "reported" hundreds of thousands were there - while photos showed there were many 25,000

I am sure no matter how many of these liberal moonbats turn out today the liberal media will multiply the number by a factor of five

liberal peace niks, moonbats, subversive reds, and other assorted scum. Today, like going back to the 60's, if one looks closely at who's sponsoring these protests you will see that a large portion are commies.

I never knew disagreeing with WAR meant you are scum? WOW thanks. Id rather have an open mind than be a mindless sheep who believes EVERYTHING the Govt tells them.

Red States, if you are so willilng to sacrifice so many lives how come YOU have never enlisted. How come you are not over there fighting. I assume since YOU are willing to sacrifice 300 Million like you said, and you were not being sarcastic, then how come you are not over there fighting? Could it be perhaps that this cause to you is worth someone elses life but not your own? I will anxiously await this answer..

I never knew disagreeing with WAR meant you are scum? WOW thanks. Id rather have an open mind than be a mindless sheep who believes EVERYTHING the Govt tells them.

I does about as much as believeing in it makes you a mindless sheep of the gov't

To republicans its about winning and losing. NAH NAH I won..You lost..HAHAHA..

To Democrats its about saving "AMERICAN" lives and having less blodshed.

But of course Red States Openly admitted he is willing to sacrifice 300 Million American lives to win the WOT... I think the post got removed where I asked red states this question so I will ask it again...

Red States, if you are so willilng to sacrifice so many lives how come YOU have never enlisted. How come you are not over there fighting. I assume since YOU are willing to sacrifice 300 Million like you said, and you were not being sarcastic, then how come you are not over there fighting? Could it be perhaps that this cause to you is worth someone elses life but not your own? I will anxiously await this answer.

How do you know I have not served?

The libs number one talking point is if you have never served, you cannot comment on the war.

What is next? If you are not black you cannot comment on race relations? Or if you are not homeless you cannot comment on the homeless?

Not scum, just appeasers. Look is sponsoring the Pro Terrorist rallies.

Forum List

Back