Privatize USPS?

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
I was just reading the linked below article after talking with the mailman. I asked him what he thought about a rumor that Jeff Bezos may put in a bid to buy the failing service. He said he thought it might help. Very interesting subject that I'm sure there are many detractors.

I have no problem with anyone buying out the failing postal service. The only thing that will happen if it is bought out, is people will have to forgo that great pension they have been expecting because no private company will keep that in place and expect to make it a paying concern. Those already on the pension may even see theirs drop. Not sure how that is setup.

I have no problem with anyone buying out the failing postal service. The only thing that will happen if it is bought out, is people will have to forgo that great pension they have been expecting because no private company will keep that in place and expect to make it a paying concern. Those already on the pension may even see theirs drop. Not sure how that is setup.
I'm not sure why the Pony Express was so short-lived, but yea, exorbitant government employee pensions should have put the Post Office out of business long ago.

I'm not sure why the Pony Express was so short-lived, but yea, exorbitant government employee pensions should have put the Post Office out of business long ago.
exorbitant government employee pensions .....yea right.....

Whenever I go into the post office to mail a package, they have two speeds. Extremely slow and stop.

The line is always backed up to the door. They don't care. They seem to have some kind of attitude like they're not expendable or something.

Then whenever you finally do get to the front of the line they want 36 Federal Reserve Notes to send a 7 pound package to another state. Which arrives late.

And they always mix the mail up in the boxes. Plus they always bend up my copies of GQ and Country Living Magazines whenever they stuff the box full of those stupid ads from places I never even shop.

I use the USPS as little as possible. Bad element.

The US Postal Service is the most efficient delivery service on earth.

It can deliver a letter from my house in NJ to my cousins house in California for just 50 cents

Let’s see Bezos do that
They do handle more letters than anyone on Earth. The Govt. agencies in this country all run at a loss. There is only one that makes money. The Treasury.

Back in 2018, Trump tweeted...

1587350901582.png

The same day, Democrat's mouthpiece PolitiFact "debunked" the claim and rated it as "false", and of course, all left attacked Trump for it.

Three months later, WSJ releases the article where Citigroup analysis finds that each box gets a $1.46 subsidy, and leftist fucks, including PolitiFact, never retracted their lies, or apologized. Trump was right, again... and he should stop bailing out their asses.

Why the Post Office Gives Amazon Special Delivery

Ya gotta love the service that delivers November mailed Christmas Cards over the tremendous distance of 45 miles in only three months! Packages seem to take only a few extra days though.

USPS going to private business hands? Lol... in your dreams.

No business company can do the same work at 50 cents for one ounce letter and 21 additional cents per additional ounce weight. International is $1,15 one ounce letter.

A private company will increase the prices the very next day, so... forget it.

No business company can do the same work at 50 cents for one ounce letter and 21 additional cents per additional ounce weight. International is $1,15 one ounce letter.

Only reason they can do it for 50 cents is because they get $18 billion from American taxpayers every year.

American taxpayers give an $18 billion gift to the post office every year

Only reason they can do it for 50 cents is because they get $18 billion from American taxpayers every year.

A private corporation will demand same subsidy, and even so will increase the price cost promising "better service" and the cost will be twice, three or five times greater and the service will be the same.

You base that on what exactly?

Find me one service that government provide cheaper and with higher quality than private sector.

In that case, you should be sending everything by UPS, Fedex, or DHL. Put your money where your mouth is!

In that case, you should be sending everything by UPS, Fedex, or DHL. Put your money where your mouth is!

Most packages I do. Regular mail and anything that is not time sensitive, I sent by USPS.

Yes, sending packages by USPS is bit cheaper, because they're subsidized by taxpayers. Since I am taxpayer, I paid for that too.

Most packages I do. Regular mail and anything that is not time sensitive, I sent by USPS.

Yes, sending packages by USPS is bit cheaper, because they're subsidized by taxpayers. Since I am taxpayer, I paid for that too.

So, in other words you are a hypocrite. Got it!

I was just reading the linked below article after talking with the mailman. I asked him what he thought about a rumor that Jeff Bezos may put in a bid to buy the failing service. He said he thought it might help. Very interesting subject that I'm sure there are many detractors.

That would be unconstitutional

The constitution requires that the government establish mail service.

It can't happen according to the constitution.

New Topics

Forum List

Back