Private property owners sue over Virginia's hunting dog law

Why doesnt the land owner just shoot the dogs?
The Hunter could end up killing you and your family or bring back a few friends to do the job…

I agree shooting one dog might get the Hunter to think but you must also weigh the risk factor of starting a war with the Hunter and friends that you might lose…

I don't have a problem with hunters being able to retrieve their dogs, but the hunters should also be liable for any damage caused by their dogs or themselves in the process of retrieving their dogs. Also, the hunters should take due diligence to keep their dogs off posted land and perhaps be fined if they cannot control their dogs.

Absolutely...

The Hunter could end up killing you and your family or bring back a few friends to do the job…

I agree shooting one dog might get the Hunter to think but you must also weigh the risk factor of starting a war with the Hunter and friends that you might lose…
I think there is little danger of that

Hunters are no more violent or dangerous than anyone else

I don’t know about that especially when you shoot their dog…

It is like shooting one of their kids and I know men who would let you shoot their kid and wife before allowing to shoot their dog!
Its no different than the way lib dog owners feel about their animals

And some of them might save their dog from a burning building while leaving a humsn to burn

But even those people are extremely rare

Its no different than the way lib dog owners feel about their animals

And some of them might save their dog from a burning building while leaving a humsn to burn

But even those people are extremely rare
I would save my boy and my cats and leave all the humans there for sure!

Is that wrong?

Maybe, but my boy is my boy and that dog no matter how much I cuss him he is my best friend..

Yes its wrong to save your cat but let a human burn
Depends…

What if it is a Liberal that support abortion?

Cat or Human?

Look, we all value life in a different way and my point is this those dogs are more important to the Hunter than your life is to them…

You of course disagree because you believe humans can be rational but I have a long list every day where humans never rationalize things and will kill each other just over politics…

Oh, so I can save the dog though?

Depends…

What if it is a Liberal that support abortion?

Cat or Human?

Look, we all value life in a different way and my point is this those dogs are more important to the Hunter than your life is to them…

You of course disagree because you believe humans can be rational but I have a long list every day where humans never rationalize things and will kill each other just over politics…

Oh, so I can save the dog though?
If its a liberal who supports abortion they would still get saved before the dog or cat

But if its a homosexual who rapes little boys it might be a different story

I would not risk my life to save him

That's not in question. What they are suing over is our retarded retrieval of hunting dogs law.

In other words entering posted property without the landowner's permission in order to retrieve hunting dogs.

If you think that is messed-up check out the laws protecting fox hunting and their dogs.

About all we have in my AO are a few coon hunters but I've never heard tell of any issues with those except from the transplants on their little 10 acre or so "farm-etts" and that's just because they have not been schooled yet, the local game warden or the locals usually straightens them right out.
What's the problem with retrieving hunting dogs that stray on private property? My goldendoodle sometimes ends up in a neighbor's property and I park my truck and retrieve the dog. It seems like much ado about nothing.

What's the problem with retrieving hunting dogs that stray on private property? My goldendoodle sometimes ends up in a neighbor's property and I park my truck and retrieve the dog. It seems like much ado about nothing.
Perhaps, unless the property owner does not want you there. He does not need a reason. You have 0 rights to tread on another's property without permission and hopefully that is what the suit will address.

Property rights is one of the cornerstones of our Republic, no matter if you think it's not much of a much or not.

If your hunting dog attacks my wife's poodle I am going to go internet tough guy on you not your dog.

Internet tough guy!

Forum List

Back