Private or Public?

No, but I can say time have a changed and in our area High school students have got to finish many requirements that at one time weren't even heard of like community service.

But I was thinking maybe it should be a requirement(depending on the area) because if I had that requirement not only the pressure but knowing I could go to college would have not only been a favorable note but my options would have been there as well. Needless to say I had very limited options after high school.

Now on my agreeing of that policy I believe all students should have the opportunity, not right to attend college. But also the community should foster the same attitude on it's youth attending college. Fact not all kids are capable of attending college nor do they have the desire. But using the excuse of the community as a bad seed is why they can't achieve that level is BS. Anyone can learn, but having the willingness of a community and support allows for a much more positive learning experiences.

It does say "be accepted to a college," not "enrolled." I think it would be a decent indicator of being ready to graduate high school if one had learned enough to be accepted to a college.

It is not mandatory in our district, however.

This school GWA is a private school. You are correct Nienna, the policy is just "accepted" and it can be a Jr. college too. Still, even if you never enroll you have met the standards to do so. This school, I know from experiance, is outperforming the public schools. I think it's policy like this that contribute to that success.

This school GWA is a private school. You are correct Nienna, the policy is just "accepted" and it can be a Jr. college too. Still, even if you never enroll you have met the standards to do so. This school, I know from experiance, is outperforming the public schools. I think it's policy like this that contribute to that success.

Yes but being private I see it as the contributors are wanting results of a good education.

My public high school had several different degree plans actually, one which was a pre-college where you had to be accepted to a college to graduate, and one called the vocational degree where you won't be going to college. The vocational degree had some specialization in which it required you to do CAD, web design, and shop class in order to graduate, where the pre-college required more subjects in math and science. I liked that setup.

If an option to be enrolled in Technical school was an option, I could go for it. However, having a mentality that everyone should go to college has destroyed the American University system.

Does your public school have this requirerment? Do you agree or disagree?

Direct from their web site. And it IS the policy I promise.
I disagree, as many people wouldn't do well in college and do fine in another career path. My best friend growing up graduated HS, then become an apprentice for an electrician. After he got his license, he did the same thing with a plumber. Now he's a construction manager and makes better money than I do with a college degree.

College is not the only way to sucess.

I disagree, as many people wouldn't do well in college and do fine in another career path. My best friend growing up graduated HS, then become an apprentice for an electrician. After he got his license, he did the same thing with a plumber. Now he's a construction manager and makes better money than I do with a college degree.

College is not the only way to sucess.

Very true, Glock. But if the school doesn't offer another track you're stuck.

If I had it to do again I'd go to a tech school. A good friend of mine repaired appliances and is VERY comfortably retired now. He made much more than I have as a Pilot.

Forum List

Back