Prior to the passage of the HCR bill ...

now pee wee, you cut right to the heart of the matter choice vs. force.

... did any of you choose not to buy health insurance?

If so, why?

i didn't get health care insurance until i got married and started a family. in my 20's and early 30's i was never sick and just didn't see a need for it.

if i was that age now, i think i'd be pissed about being forced to buy it, although it doesn't bother my son who's 21 and single. (and healthy)

If so, why?

i didn't get health care insurance until i got married and started a family. in my 20's and early 30's i was never sick and just didn't see a need for it.

if i was that age now, i think i'd be pissed about being forced to buy it, although it doesn't bother my son who's 21 and single. (and healthy)

Thanks, del.

I, too, chose not to buy insurance for the year between my separation from the Air Force and taking my current job.

I was a full time student and I was looking to save a buck.

Half way through the year I developed a cyst on my left nut. I had to get a sonogram and a few other tests run. My $2000 bill sucked.

If so, why?

Thanks, del.

I, too, chose not to buy insurance for the year between my separation from the Air Force and taking my current job.

Half way through the year I developed a cyst on my left nut. I had to get a sonogram and a few other tests run. My $2000 bill sucked.

no doubt it did. it's going to take me the rest of the morning to get my legs uncrossed. :eek:

certainly thing were a lot cheaper back when dinosaurs roamed and i was uninsured, and looking back it may not have been the best decision i ever made, but it was MY decision to make.

Thanks, del.

no doubt it did. it's going to take me the rest of the morning to get my legs uncrossed. :eek:

certainly thing were a lot cheaper back when dinosaurs roamed and i was uninsured, and looking back it may not have been the best decision i ever made, but it was MY decision to make.

Fortunately, it was only a cyst and it eventually dissolved. The few days when I was scared one of my boys was going out all Lance Armstrong style sucked more than the bill. Had it been that I woulda been proper fucked.

Thanks, del.

Fortunately, it was only a cyst and it eventually dissolved. The few days when I was scared one of my boys was going out all Lance Armstrong style sucked more than the bill. Had it been that I woulda been proper fucked.

i thought i had a heart attack once which was pretty scary.

can't imagine what it's like waiting to find out whether or not you and mike lowell have something in common besides fenway. damn.

If so, why?

Thanks, del.

Do you think a policy that covered 100% of health costs would be less than $2000 for a year?

Thanks, del.

Do you think a policy that covered 100% of health costs would be less than $2000 for a year?

Of course not but had that cyst been a tumor not only would I have been financially fucked but also the owner of a preexisting condition.

Forum List

Back