Pride goeth before the fall

eddiew

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
"No one remembers who came in second," is a quote often attributed to pro golfer Walter Hagen. Twice, in the space of six months, it was tweeted out by golf lover and perennial winner (if you believe his own hype), Donald J. Trump. And on Monday night, after he was beaten by Ted Cruz in the Iowa caucuses, it was gleefully retweeted by tens of thousands of Twitter users in the wake of a defeat Trump said would never come.

10mtu6h.jpg

It's odd how he "trumpeted" his claim to be "a winner." I mean it's obvious that he's a self-created image of someone who doesn't exist, and there's virtually no issue that he has an opinion on that he hasn't had a diametrically opposed opinion just prior to deciding to enter the gop race ... he's not even a consistent goper. Obviously, his "winner" image was set forth to appeal to the portion of his base that has been a loser since the great recession: less educated whites. And, I'd hazard a guess they're from the group that has even less a history with unions as many in the rust belt who've been left by the wayside. But I think one could portray themselves as being concerned with their plight without setting one's self up. Now, even with the Big Quack having leads in virtually EVERY state poll, if he loses NH he may well be finished. He has no grass roots organization and no super pac.

"No one remembers who came in second," is a quote often attributed to pro golfer Walter Hagen. Twice, in the space of six months, it was tweeted out by golf lover and perennial winner (if you believe his own hype), Donald J. Trump. And on Monday night, after he was beaten by Ted Cruz in the Iowa caucuses, it was gleefully retweeted by tens of thousands of Twitter users in the wake of a defeat Trump said would never come.
Yes, none of this comes as a surprise. One could see Trump was his own undoing. But you should not be happy because a united republican front will only make matters worse for the criminal you guys are running.

You actually think Hildabeast is more honorable than Trump. I would not give you 5 cents for the integrity of her and barack combined.

It's odd how he "trumpeted" his claim to be "a winner." I mean it's obvious that he's a self-created image of someone who doesn't exist, and there's virtually no issue that he has an opinion on that he hasn't had a diametrically opposed opinion just prior to deciding to enter the gop race ... he's not even a consistent goper. Obviously, his "winner" image was set forth to appeal to the portion of his base that has been a loser since the great recession: less educated whites. And, I'd hazard a guess they're from the group that has even less a history with unions as many in the rust belt who've been left by the wayside. But I think one could portray themselves as being concerned with their plight without setting one's self up. Now, even with the Big Quack having leads in virtually EVERY state poll, if he loses NH he may well be finished. He has no grass roots organization and no super pac.
Obviously, his "winner" image was set forth to appeal to the portion of his base that has been a loser since the great recession: less educated whites. And, I'd hazard a guess they're from the group that has even less a history with unions as many in the rust belt who've been left by the wayside.

Rubes

Obviously, his "winner" image was set forth to appeal to the portion of his base that has been a loser since the great recession: less educated whites. And, I'd hazard a guess they're from the group that has even less a history with unions as many in the rust belt who've been left by the wayside.

Rubes
Yes, but human ones. A lot of decent honest people have been permanently down sized, and they did nothing worse than having jobs.

Trump is a lying fraud. But, the gop establishment offers these folks absolutely nothing beyond "keep voting for us cause we're not with darkie."

PS, and Obama offers them jack shite too.

Yes, none of this comes as a surprise. One could see Trump was his own undoing. But you should not be happy because a united republican front will only make matters worse for the criminal you guys are running.

You actually think Hildabeast is more honorable than Trump. I would not give you 5 cents for the integrity of her and barack combined.

Honesty is not a thing imho you attribute to politicians My belief is she's smarter than the whole lot of repubs running put together

Rubes
Yes, but human ones. A lot of decent honest people have been permanently down sized, and they did nothing worse than having jobs.

Trump is a lying fraud. But, the gop establishment offers these folks absolutely nothing beyond "keep voting for us cause we're not with darkie."

And Hillary isn't?

Honesty is not a thing imho you attribute to politicians My belief is she's smarter than the whole lot of repubs running put together

Hillary is smart? How can a lying fool be considered smart?

All your post has done is lowered my expectations for you, has not changed my opinion of Hillary one iota.

Rubes

And Hillary isn't?

Hillary has been around the world umpteen times representing our country, a US senator etc etc Trump and repubs running can't hold a candle to her intellect

Rubes

And Hillary isn't?

Like her or not, she's a career pol with a consistent history of supporting a min level of material assistance for children, and reproductive choice for women. She's no more a fraud than any career pol.

I think the real question regarding Trump and the gop and dems, is do any of the candidates offer the older displaced white voters anything. 0bama's an elitist who really does consider their holding onto guns and religion as weakness. I would argue that Kasich is the candidate in either party who best understands not only their plight but how to better their lives. And, I think he'll be exiting the stage after SC at the latest. Hillary ain't great, but she can do a budget deal with McConnell that doesn't include privatizing soc sec.

Rubes

And Hillary isn't?

Like her or not, she's a career pol with a consistent history of supporting a min level of material assistance for children, and reproductive choice for women. She's no more a fraud than any career pol.

I think the real question regarding Trump and the gop and dems, is do any of the candidates offer the older displaced white voters anything. 0bama's an elitist who really does consider their holding onto guns and religion as weakness. I would argue that Kasich is the candidate in either party who best understands not only their plight but how to better their lives. And, I think he'll be exiting the stage after SC at the latest. Hillary ain't great, but she can do a budget deal with McConnell that doesn't include privatizing soc sec.

I don't take anyone serious if they support Hillary Clinton, truly the dumbest of the dumb and their voter card should be revoked

Rubes

And Hillary isn't?

Hillary has been around the world umpteen times representing our country, a US senator etc etc Trump and repubs running can't hold a candle to her intellect

Rubes

And Hillary isn't?

What are you blind? Unable to accept facts?

Or are you being paid for your opinion?

Rubes

And Hillary isn't?

I don't take anyone serious if they support Hillary Clinton, truly the dumbest of the dumb and their voter card should be revoked

and correct me if I'm wrong but I'll bet you bashed Bill and now Obama with the same vitriol as you'll bash Hillary You are a republican first and the country comes last with you folks

And Hillary isn't?

and correct me if I'm wrong but I'll bet you bashed Bill and now Obama with the same vitriol as you'll bash Hillary You are a republican first and the country comes last with you folks

Go play "stock market" Edward. You're quickly becoming very annoying

Rubes

And Hillary isn't?

I'll repeat what I have said from the beginning of this "race".

The democrats are offering a 74 year old communist and a 70 year old murderer. They call the republicans a "dying" party. Really?

Sanders (should he win) will be slobbering all over the White House before he blows an artery.

Hillary (should she win) will be looking over her shoulder for the long arm of the law while her POS husband is banging women in the West Wing.

Really? This is the BEST the democrats have to offer? My God.

Republicans have whites, blacks, hispanics, women, businessmen, businesswomen, medical doctors, and state governors.

And the democrats have the GALL to call themselves "progressive"

Forum List

Back